Does Facebook support the advocating injuring or worse cyclists?

Travis wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> Hmmm. It's asking me to login to both of those urls. I've never used
>> facebook before and don't really want to register (I get enough
>> junkmail now), so I can't see what it is you're complaining about.
>> My thinking is that therefore it is not a 'public' domain and as I'm
>> very strongly against cenorship of any kind, I'll decline to
>> complain about something I can't see to be offended about.

> Everything at Facebook requires you to log in. I signed up ages ago,
> I haven't done anything at all with it but my page is bustling with
> activity anyway because of all my passing aquaintences leaving
> Facebook messages, signing the guestbook etc etc. I can see why
> Facebook is a good resource for identity theives, even without me
> doing anything a surprisingly detailed database of my relationships
> has assembled itself...

Sounds like a goodd reason n ot to log in.

> But the page was pretty horrendous stuff. It didn't appear to be a
> joke, which is to say that there wasn't much laughing going on. One
> comment, which is typical, was from a young lady that said she
> habitually swerves toward cyclists just to give them a scare. The
> other day she did that and the cyclist fell off his bike and hurt
> himself. She felt a little bit bad over this, but still found it
> uproarously funny and couldn't stop laughing as she drove away leaving
> some random cyclist with unknown injuries alone at the side of the
> road.
>
> It goes beyond the standard aus.cars "get off the fkn road ya poofta"
> type stuff into a much darker sadistic sociopathy. I don't see
> anything good coming out of creating a forum where scumbags like that
> can get together and entertain each other with stories of the latest
> cyclist they scared and/or hurt.
>
> At the bottom of the page is a "report this group" link, and when you
> click on it you select your reason for reporting the group. One of
> the reasons was "attacking a specific person or group" and another was
> "violence". Both would qualify, on the face of it this group is
> against Facebook's terms of service and should be banned on those
> grounds alone, for the same reason that Facebook and YouTube and
> similar sites take down any other hate speech material, especially the
> kind where violent acts are encouraged.

Errm, how does it go? As much as I disagree with some people's stated
opinions, I will defend their right to state them.

Sure you can have rules about content and, if those rules are breached,
there will be consequences. I personally think you shouldn't be allowed to
post anywhere, or log on to anything, withoput using your real email
address.

Theo

On Feb 22, 11:49 am, [email protected] wrote:

> I'm basing it on the fact that one of them (my girlfriends dog
> technically) eats pretty much any **** it can get it's filthy little
> paws on. It's not that I **** in the yard and wait to see what
> happens, rather I figure if you'll eat dogshit, you'll eat
> anything ;-) On the plus side, it does mean there's probably only 1/2
> the dogshit in the yard that there'd be otherwise. She's a pretty
> good dog apart from that, I just make sure to never, ever, under any
> circumstances let her lick me (goes for any dog really).

My dog and youngest son had a good thing going when the lad was being
toilet-trained. He didn't like sitting on the toilet, so he'd get
naked and head out in the garden. The dog knew the game and followed,
tail wagging. Said lad would lay a turd while dog ate it up with
gusto. Never let a dog lick your face.

On 2008-02-22, [email protected] (aka Bruce)
> On Feb 22, 12:18 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.355...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>>
>> > My dogs would eat it. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.

>> Sure you should of typed that on a public group, as it inadvertently
>> says a lot about you? ;) ;) ;)

> I'm basing it on the fact that one of them (my girlfriends dog
> technically) eats pretty much any **** it can get it's filthy little
> paws on. It's not that I **** in the yard and wait to see what
> happens, rather I figure if you'll eat dogshit, you'll eat
> anything ;-) On the plus side, it does mean there's probably only 1/2
> the dogshit in the yard that there'd be otherwise.

Due to the laws of conservation of mass (conservation of energy,
technically), there is the law of conservation of dog ****.

Thus, you dog will be shitting out everything they eat.

--
TimC
If it weren't for C, we'd be writing programs in BASI, PASAL, and OBOL.