Does matter if you are 5 or 70 years young...



biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
it is always exciting to get a new bike. You guys have all graciously endured my comparison questions over the last few weeks for which I am grateful. I have had the itch for a new road bike and have pulled the trigger and am pretty stoked. I looked hard at a lot of bikes and am environmentally challenged in Michigan where I live with snow on the ground...haven't had any February thaw to speak of this year which has thwarted bike testing efforts but not to matter. Thought long about Trek's carbon 5000 and their new Pilot but at the end of the day, I refused to be assimilated ;) and always wanted a Bianchi steel with Campy components and now I have one.
Found an '04 Bianchi Veloce at a great shop in Ohio in my size for a price I couldn't refuse and the rest is history. The bike screams Italian art to me with new 30 speed Campy Veloce group and Vento Wheelset. I love the geometry of this bike...not too aggressive but still conducive to good speed and of course the feel of Bianchi steel as ride quality to me is a bit more important than nth degree speed as I am no racer but like to ride fast. I prefer a minimalist monochrome versus real splashly paint scheme and exactly what this bike is in a candy red...one of my favorite colors.

Here is a pic of the bike:
http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Bianchi Veloce.jpg

Here are the spec's from Bianchi's website:
http://www.bianchiusa.com/veloce.html

I know alot of forum members are purchasing or building a new bike for the spring and wanted to share my joy with the board as spring should arrrive sometime this year (I hope) and I am getting amped for another year of riding.
Cheers,
George
 

graf zeppelin

New Member
May 28, 2004
324
0
0
52
It is indeed so wonderful this time of the year, whether you're making a few upgrades, building something from scratch, or even simply sticking with what you have. I always find myself feeling the same way each Spring looking forward to another season. Of course, nothing beats the couple of times you're opening the year with a new ride. Enjoy yourself and congrats. ;)
 

biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
you said it perfectly GZ...the hopefulness and rebirth of spring time...when a young and even an old man's thoughts turn to fancy i.e. riding behind a firm young lady in tight biking shorts ;)
Thanks brother,
George
 

graf zeppelin

New Member
May 28, 2004
324
0
0
52
biker7 said:
you said it perfectly GZ...the hopefulness and rebirth of spring time...when a young and even an old man's thoughts turn to fancy i.e. riding behind a firm young lady in tight biking shorts ;)
Thanks brother,
George

Haha, yes, you also noted another thing I only implied. Yes, the glory of Spring. :cool:
 

artmichalek

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
2,010
0
0
40
biker7 said:
it is always exciting to get a new bike.
Don't feel bad about walking into the other room just to stare at it now and then while you're waiting for the snow to thaw. We all do it.
 

lohsnest

New Member
Oct 10, 2004
261
0
0
51
biker7 said:
it is always exciting to get a new bike. You guys have all graciously endured my comparison questions over the last few weeks for which I am grateful. I have had the itch for a new road bike and have pulled the trigger and am pretty stoked. I looked hard at a lot of bikes and am environmentally challenged in Michigan where I live with snow on the ground...haven't had any February thaw to speak of this year which has thwarted bike testing efforts but not to matter. Thought long about Trek's carbon 5000 and their new Pilot but at the end of the day, I refused to be assimilated ;) and always wanted a Bianchi steel with Campy components and now I have one.
Found an '04 Bianchi Veloce at a great shop in Ohio in my size for a price I couldn't refuse and the rest is history. The bike screams Italian art to me with new 30 speed Campy Veloce group and Vento Wheelset. I love the geometry of this bike...not too aggressive but still conducive to good speed and of course the feel of Bianchi steel as ride quality to me is a bit more important than nth degree speed as I am no racer but like to ride fast. I prefer a minimalist monochrome versus real splashly paint scheme and exactly what this bike is in a candy red...one of my favorite colors.

Here is a pic of the bike:
http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Bianchi Veloce.jpg

Here are the spec's from Bianchi's website:
http://www.bianchiusa.com/veloce.html

I know alot of forum members are purchasing or building a new bike for the spring and wanted to share my joy with the board as spring should arrrive sometime this year (I hope) and I am getting amped for another year of riding.
Cheers,
George
Congrats on your bike... It looks SUPER!
 

boudreaux

New Member
Oct 16, 2003
5,133
0
0
biker7 said:
Found an '04 Bianchi Veloce at a great shop in Ohio in my size for a price I couldn't refuse and the rest is history. The bike screams Italian art to me ................
It's made in Tiawan, but enjoy anyway.
 

biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
True... made in Taiwan and designed in Italy...the best of both worlds...lol. Italy is known much more for its design than manufacturing prowess and Taiwan has made huge strides in recent years...the next Japan.
Thanks Lohsnest and Boudreaux,
George
 

lohsnest

New Member
Oct 10, 2004
261
0
0
51
biker7 said:
True... made in Taiwan and designed in Italy...the best of both worlds...lol. Italy is known much more for its design than manufacturing prowess and Taiwan has made huge strides in recent years...the next Japan.
Thanks Lohsnest and Boudreaux,
George
Taiwan/China, over the last few years, has become a powerhouse in the biking world. In fact, look for them to be even more dominant. Most of the fancy bling bling carbon and other exotic frames out there are made by the Taiwanese. As Biker7 pointed out, it's the technological saavy that makes them the NEXT JAPAN. The article I've posted deals with that.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/features/bikebiz.html
 

biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
actually all of Asia is making a run. Watch for both Korea and China in particular....the most noteable relationship being between education in the sciences versus standard and cost of living. China is kicking out many more engineers per capita than the US so hate to say they will dominate in the next twenty years but because of their low cost structure and relative level of hunger and their escalating educational level, they will be very difficult to beat.
And hence the outsourcing dichotomy...having your cake and eating too?...a huge tradeoff.
George
 

boudreaux

New Member
Oct 16, 2003
5,133
0
0
LOL people come in from the dark side. It's not even Italian steel! Try a real Italian lugged steel ride like a Colnago, Tommasini,Carrera,Moser,Masi......made from the good stuff from Columbus or Dedacciai with real garlic and olive oil in the alloy.
 

biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
depends on your definition of dark. Of all the people on the board, you define the term...not something to be proud of and a waste of intellect I might add.
You really should get help for your anger man...seriously.
I used to have a friend that knew as much about cars as you do about bikes...
a complete waste.
George
 

boudreaux

New Member
Oct 16, 2003
5,133
0
0
biker7 said:
You really should get help for your anger man...seriously.
Lame call Dr. Phil. But go ahead and play internet shrink if it gives you a warm fuzzie.
 

litespeedguy

New Member
Sep 13, 2003
180
0
0
Boudreaux, you're missing the main theme which was "firmness & tightness" come Springtime ; the sub theme was something about a bike.

If the new Bianchi helps him enjoy the pleasures of Springtime, I say probst !!!!!
 

biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
boudreaux doesn't like girls...hence the anger...don't ride too close litespeed.
All in good fun boudreaux :D
George
 

lohsnest

New Member
Oct 10, 2004
261
0
0
51
litespeedguy said:
Boudreaux, you're missing the main theme which was "firmness & tightness" come Springtime ; the sub theme was something about a bike.

If the new Bianchi helps him enjoy the pleasures of Springtime, I say probst !!!!!
Hey, perhaps if we all stopped responding to Boudreaux's nonsense, one day, he'll go away.

When we respond to his meaningless drivel, we just encourage him. He is indeed, a very knowledgeable individual with plenty of good information to share with everyone. But just when you start to think he's actually smart, he says something out of his posterior and then you realize he's just full of hot gas.
 

artmichalek

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
2,010
0
0
40
boudreaux said:
......made from the good stuff from Columbus or Dedacciai with real garlic and olive oil in the alloy.
Just keep telling yourself that... Columbus and Dedacciai only shape the tubes. They import their steel from Asia just like everyone else.
 

biker7

New Member
Oct 15, 2004
274
0
0
nah...but you did get the subtext backward so thought I would put you riding with boudreaux. For the record...you missed the central theme as well which is about getting a new bike and the sub-theme is about firmness & tightness which we all look forward to come spring time...even boudreaux.
George