Does my SRM have a light?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by AussieRob, Aug 15, 2006.

1. AussieRob

AussieRob New Member

Haven't had it long, but was out after dark this evening. How can an SRM not have a light?

Tags:

2. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Battery drain I suppose - better to have the data than a dead battery.

I train early mornings so when I needed to see my PM CPU it was a pain. My headlight (a super bright HID unit) had to be mounted well away from the PM where it wouldn't illuminate the PM display (having it closer caused intereference with the PM).

I solved it by using one of those small single LEDs lights (white) that you can mount to the handlebar or seat stay - the ones with the elastic band you can quickly put on/off the bike. I fit it to the front of my helmet, with the LED light facing down, so that when it's on it casts plenty of light to see the power meter display. I only turn it on when I need PM to help guide an effort in the dark. I originally tried to fit it near the PM in various configurations but found the helmet option works best.

3. grv

grv New Member

Sigma sport makes a handlebar mounted computer night light that does a pretty good job of lighting up the computer without being too distracting in the dark.

It sells for about $10 - $12 US.