Does Oscar Pereiro use doping?

His time was similar to Floyd's. Why dont we concentrate on implicating
Oscar in doping scandal? Floyd won this race and I dont appreciate
Oscar claiming he is now the winner and he resents missing the award
ceremony.

[email protected] wrote:
> His time was similar to Floyd's. Why dont we concentrate on implicating
> Oscar in doping scandal? Floyd won this race and I dont appreciate
> Oscar claiming he is now the winner and he resents missing the award
> ceremony.

A cyclingnews.com article a week or so ago described avoiding detection
of drug use as an intelligence test. Floyd failed. Oscar passed.

[email protected] wrote:
> I dont appreciate
> Oscar claiming he is now the winner and he resents missing the award
> ceremony.

Did Oscar really say that?

in message <[email protected]>,
[email protected] ('[email protected]') wrote:

> His time was similar to Floyd's. Why dont we concentrate on implicating
> Oscar in doping scandal? Floyd won this race and I dont appreciate
> Oscar claiming he is now the winner and he resents missing the award
> ceremony.

Pereiro was tested on very nearly every single day Landis was tested -
and at least one day when Landis wasn't tested. He was tested as many
times as Landis. If he cheated - and I see no reason to believe he did -
he got away with it.

Landis was a cheat. Pereiro was /probably/ not. That's really all there
is to say about it.

;; no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
;; Jim Morrison

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:07:25 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:
> Landis was a cheat. Pereiro was /probably/ not. That's really all there
> is to say about it.

The qualifier "probably" is too specific for me. I'd say: there is no
evidence. Or: currently no evidence. Or: he is currently not Pounded
by any anti-doping witch hunt.

--
E. Dronkert