Does Polar have a new HR strap?

jsull14

Nov 26, 2005
Maybe this isn't new, but it's been a while since I purchased a HR monitor and I have seen a new (softer) Polar chest strap available. Is this true? Anyone ever use it? Like it?

The chest strap is the main reason why I don't use my HRM on long rides such as centuries but if it was so comfy that I didn't notice the strap was there I'd wear it for sure.

Thanks

There is a new soft strap/electrode system. I haven't used it, but my partner has one. I've never been bothered by the old rigid type, but the new one may be more comfortable.

Its called the Polar Wearlink, its a soft elastic strap and electrodes with a small transmitter unit. The advantages over the hard plastic strap is the comfort and that the battery can easily be replaced.

polarwearlink.jpg

mine stuffed up after only a year, but a never washed it. I replaced the battery and cleaned the contacts, but nada. Apparently they're meant to be rinsed after each use. D'OH!! :eek: I bought a 'normal' T31 Coded, which works with my 725x, CS200 and my older A3

Plenty of people of the forums reckon the Wearlink belt is a bunch a **** :)

I guess it could be argued that they're more comfortable, but they're a littel broader, so I dunno. I prefer the slimmer T31 and T61

I use one and love it. My Polar computer is actually in repair after I crashed so now I'm using a harder strap and I really miss my Polar strap.

531Aussie said:
mine stuffed up after only a year, but a never washed it. I replaced the battery and cleaned the contacts, but nada.
I have had mine for 2 years on the same battery, I actually rinse the electrodes before putting them on for better conductivity maybe this help keeping them clean.

Wash the electrode belt in the washing machine once a week. It will last forever

I'll give it a shot. Maybe I am clueless but you'd think they could develop something other than a strap, such as a patch you put on your heart like a Nicotine patch or something. It's more mental than anything for me, but any constraint put on my upper body (like a strap or tight jersey) to open up and take in air seems to cause problems.

You could give the adidas fusion garments a whirl. They are shirts with the built in electrodes for the Polar Wearlink transmitter.

kleng said:
Its called the Polar Wearlink, its a soft elastic strap and electrodes with a small transmitter unit. The advantages over the hard plastic strap is the comfort and that the battery can easily be replaced.

polarwearlink.jpg

That looks alright, have you used it for a while?

531Aussie said:
Plenty of people of the forums reckon the Wearlink belt is a bunch a **** :)
Mine works great, no problems since 1 1/2 years almost daily use. Same battery so far. Of course you need to wash and rinse it everyday, takes 10 seconds.

BMW's are **** too if you dont MAINTAIN them.

"my new car sucks because it stopped working after I didnt change the oil for 100,000 miles"