Does the Yakima Windjammer work?????

Pasteris

Guest
I just bought a yakima rack system that use to transport my bike. When I get going about 60mph that
howling noise starts picking up. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Yakima
Windjammer. Does it work? It would be nice to spend only $15 and get rid of that sound rather than
spend $50 on the fairings. On that note, do the fairings actually work??? thanks.

Joe

"Pasteris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just bought a yakima rack system that use to transport my bike. When I get going about 60mph
> that howling noise starts picking up. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Yakima
> Windjammer. Does it work?
It
> would be nice to spend only $15 and get rid of that sound rather than
spend
> $50 on the fairings. On that note, do the fairings actually work???
thanks.

> Joe

sorry I can't help with the windjammer.. but the fairings to work. They also kick a lot of the air
up above the mounts and trays, which make some nasty noises in their own right.

Plus, you get a sweet spot to display all your stickers.

Jon Bond

"Pasteris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just bought a yakima rack system that use to transport my bike. When I get going about 60mph
> that howling noise starts picking up. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Yakima
> Windjammer. Does it work?
It
> would be nice to spend only $15 and get rid of that sound rather than
spend
> $50 on the fairings. On that note, do the fairings actually work???
thanks.

> Joe

In my case, on a 99 Subaru Forester, Yes, the windjammer does help diminish noise quite a lot. I
had to experiment with the combination of the windjammer plus the front factory crossbar; I
found it helped to leave that one on the car just in front of the Yakima crossbar and as close
as feasible. Between that and the windjammer centered in the middle of the Yakima bar, the noise
was lowest (and is quite minimal, IMO.) Take time to experiment a bit on placement of the bars,
fore and aft. It can make quite a difference. YMMV.
--
Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.