Does this happen to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloydLandis

Jun 13, 2006
Have you ever been out grinding into a feirce tornado like head and been swiped at by a huge monster truck? Or how about just riding along and the next thing you know is some tool in a jeep has slowed next to you to yell useless words of anger? I ride in New Jersey around the cranberry bogs and this stuff happens all the time. What's the deal with these country folk and their hatred of us cyclists minding our own just grinding on? I was just wondering if any of you out there have this same occurance.

FloydLandis said:
Have you ever been out grinding into a feirce tornado like head and been swiped at by a huge monster truck? Or how about just riding along and the next thing you know is some tool in a jeep has slowed next to you to yell useless words of anger? I ride in New Jersey around the cranberry bogs and this stuff happens all the time. What's the deal with these country folk and their hatred of us cyclists minding our own just grinding on? I was just wondering if any of you out there have this same occurance.
Dude, Buy this jersery (or one similar) and you'll find that harassment from rednecks drops like a rock...

http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=137&subcategory=1207&sku=14196&brand=

I'm moving to Iraq, do you think that would be a good top to wear or might it draw too much attention? Any advice? Thank you in advance.:D

Sillyoldtwit said:
I'm moving to Iraq, do you think that would be a good top to wear or might it draw too much attention? Any advice? Thank you in advance.:D
Itd be good in Iraq too. The only thing is that polyester wont work. You need it in Kevlar instead. :D

netscriber said:
Itd be good in Iraq too. The only thing is that polyester wont work. You need it in Kevlar instead. :D
=====================================================
Glad to see you guys have got some sense of humour about your rampant nationalism. Sometimes it seems USA nationalism seems rather sickening from this distance - I'm a New Zealander(for those who don't know it's a small neuclear free country in the South Pacific. :)

Bigbananabike said:
Glad to see you guys have got some sense of humour about your rampant nationalism. Sometimes it seems USA nationalism seems rather sickening from this distance - I'm a New Zealander(for those who don't know it's a small neuclear free country in the South Pacific. :)
Hey BBB, lighten up, psychological stress is bad for cycling.:D

We all now know with the benefit of hindsight that the Vietnam war was probably a bad thing to have entered into in the first place, but nevertheless it happened.
I was living in Tokyo in the 60s and met hundreds of guys coming over to Japan from Vietnam for 2 weeks rest and recouperation. Many of them told me the same thing, i.e. the only foreign fighters the Vietcong feared were the NZ Special Forces. Apparently they were (still are?) totally ruthless and brutal.
Though at least I suppose they didn't carry nuclear weapons.;)

Bigbananabike said:
Pleased to make your acquaintance. We're the big country whose fathers and grandfathers helped halt the Japanese advance to Australia in the early 40's. Sorry about any inconvenience our Nationalism may be causing over there. ;)

frenchyge said:
Pleased to make your acquaintance. We're the big country whose fathers and grandfathers helped halt the Japanese advance to Australia in the early 40's. Sorry about any inconvenience our Nationalism may be causing over there. ;)
Hey Frenchy, that's not really fair. At that time (40s) the whole world was against Germany and Japan (except for the Italians of course who prefer to go with who they think is going to win - after all they are the world's lovers not warriors) Where did the great armies of the Roman Empire come from I wonder?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I digress. I think that things are somewhat different now. The USA because it is the only superpower and because it is led by a megalomaniac cowboy from Texas, seems to us in the rest of the world, that it is throwing it's weight about with scant regard for innocent civilians and even its closest allies including Britain.

Sillyoldtwit said:
Hey Frenchy, that's not really fair. At that time (40s) the whole world was against Germany and Japan (except for the Italians of course who prefer to go with who they think is going to win - after all they are the world's lovers not warriors) Where did the great armies of the Roman Empire come from I wonder?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I digress. I think that things are somewhat different now. The USA because it is the only superpower and because it is led by a megalomaniac cowboy from Texas, seems to us in the rest of the world, that it is throwing it's weight about with scant regard for innocent civilians and even its closest allies including Britain.
Ill second that. America are the schoolyard bully and unfortunately countries like australia have to lick there ****, but hey where would we be without them? Probably just another south east asian country run by the japs. However the world would be a lot better place if you americans out there could elect a decent president! No offense but George W Bush WTF were you thinking?????????????????????????????????????????????

ps: all you americans out there may need to do a bit of study on history OUTSIDE AMERICA (scary i know), Im sure you will find that ALL superpowers eventually crumble or become shadows of there older self. There is no doubt in my mind a country from east asia will be the next superpower, hopefully there a bit more peaceful than the current top dog USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.