Does this make me look fat (photo included)?

Is this short sleeve jersey a good fit?

• Yes, but it's not flattering so you should pick something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is too tight AND you look fat! Your wife is right again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fatty Lumpkin

Dec 5, 2016
The answer is yes, I look fat, but the real question remains . . . is the fit okay?

I'm embarrassed to post this (that's why you can't see my face!) but I have such a hard time purchasing good jerseys. And I really want one sleeveless one! My wife hates it and does not get cycling gear. She says it's too tight. She may actually be correct but it feels comfortable. Tight, yes, probably the tightest jersey to date. However, it's very soft. It does feel tight even in the zipper but won't that fit just make it all aero and should that not be worth the public embarrassment?

White as a color makes this look worse. Man, 20 years ago this would have been baggy. Alas . . .

Link to the item and size seen in photos:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPR5SXE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know this is goofy but any feedback you can offer (or good fat jokes) is much appreciated.

Attachments

• iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_1.jpg
    iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_1.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 52
  • iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_2.jpg
    iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_2.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 45
  • iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_4.jpg
    iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_4.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 46
  • iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_5.jpg
    iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_5.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 57
  • iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_6.jpg
    iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_6.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 46
  • iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_CAT.jpg
    iZUMi_Pursuit_Sleeve_Jersey_CAT.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 46
I'd say you look like 90% of the hundreds of cyclists I see every week! :cool:

While a lot of riders may look like that but the question is should they look like that? It's kind of like seeing a 200 or so pound woman wearing a bikini, lots of women on the beach are plus size wearing bikinis, but the question is should they? Just because a lot of people do it doesn't necessarily make it right. I think you should go up one size, but that's just my opinion which you asked for so don't get mad at me.

Also darker the color the slimmer it will make you look, with black making a person look the slimmest.

While a lot of riders may look like that but the question is should they look like that? It's kind of like seeing a 200 or so pound woman wearing a bikini, lots of women on the beach are plus size wearing bikinis, but the question is should they? Just because a lot of people do it doesn't necessarily make it right. I think you should go up one size, but that's just my opinion which you asked for so don't get mad at me.

Also darker the color the slimmer it will make you look, with black making a person look the slimmest.

Haha, Froze...you have a funny way of putting things but thank you for the feedback. Most of my current stuff is darker, in part, for that reason. I was looking for something in a lighter color for hot summer rides. I get the impression cyclists don't worry about blacks and dark colors absorbing more heat but that's what I'm thinking when I bought the white.

One more note about this jersey. It's far thinner and softer than most jerseys, making it cling. It's very comfortable but makes me look more fat than usual.

Haha, Froze...you have a funny way of putting things but thank you for the feedback. Most of my current stuff is darker, in part, for that reason. I was looking for something in a lighter color for hot summer rides. I get the impression cyclists don't worry about blacks and dark colors absorbing more heat but that's what I'm thinking when I bought the white.

One more note about this jersey. It's far thinner and softer than most jerseys, making it cling. It's very comfortable but makes me look more fat than usual.

I hear you on the white. I use to live in the Mojave Desert area of Calif and rode in some hot rides and white was definitely cooler than darker colors. The weird thing I learned while riding in that heat was that a loose fitting jersey was actually cooler than a skin tight fitting one. I also found out that a $120 jersey wasn't any cooler than a $15 one! And then I bought a $15 unrelated to cycling jersey that had a whole bunch of small holes in it, this was by far the coolest jersey I've ever owned, sadly it's no longer made. I think Soffe made it.

I don't believe it makes you look fat but what does your cat think? If I wore that jersey I would look fat.