Does this place serve any purpose?

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040117223703.04510.00000172@mb-
> > m10.aol.com...
> >
> > > Get a clue. You know nothing except what your brainwased mind allows you
> > > believe. I do not believe that you have ever read and studied the work of Be'champ
> > or
> > > Enderlein. And what about Rosenow who proved once again in 1914 that bacteria are pleomorphic
> > > and not monomorphic as your germ theory of disease demands?
> > This
> > > Nobel Prize winner proved beyond scientific doubt that staph germs and
> > strep
> > > germs were one and the same. All you had to do was change their food.
> > You
> > > will find that data in the Journal of Infectious Diseases. Your Journal.
> > Your
> > > data. And you are ignorant of it.
> > >
> > > DrC PhD.
>

> > And people don't believe in conspiracies!! What do you call this?
> >
> > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/media.htm
>
> I call it paranoid conspiracy-theory drivel, actually. And I call DRCEPHD ignorant and unable to
> back up his own claims, given that there is no Nobel Prize winner named Rosenow in medicine,
> biology, or any other discipline for which Nobel Prizes are given. Don't believe me? Check out
> http://www.nobel.se/ and search for Rosenow's name in the list of Nobel Prize winners. And I call
> you gullible, given that you didn't bother to check his claim for accuracy before coming to his
> defense. This is particularly sad, given that the post to which you responded is pretty old, and
> it was pointed out by me and others in responses to the post that Rosenow never won a Nobel Prize
> for the work described or for any other work.
>
> --
> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> |
> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

Sorry, I'm accustomed to Drceephd usually being right and didn't check. Of course it was Dr. Otto
Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1931 and again in 1944 for discovering the cause of cancer.
But Rosenow did a lot of the groundwork.

So if the cause of cancer is lack of oxygen to the cells, and Warburg got a Nobel prize for
discovering it, how come conventional treatment is chemo, slash and burn instead of upping the
oxygen level in the cells?

That's the conspiracy and as usual you miss the point.

The Cause of Cancer http://users.tpg.com.au/ronaldt/pressmanO3.html

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/soil.htm Since my paranoid shift, whenever I hear the
words "conspiracy theory" (which seems more often, lately) it usually means someone is getting too
close to the truth. --Michael Hasty
http://www.onlinejournal.com/Commentary/011004Hasty/011004hasty.html

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040117223703.04510.00000172@mb-
>> > m10.aol.com...

>> > or
>> > This
>> > strep
>> > You
>> > Your

>> > And people don't believe in conspiracies!! What do you call this?
>> >
>> > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/media.htm
>>
>> I call it paranoid conspiracy-theory drivel, actually. And I call DRCEPHD ignorant and unable to
>> back up his own claims, given that there is no Nobel Prize winner named Rosenow in medicine,
>> biology, or any other discipline for which Nobel Prizes are given. Don't believe me? Check out
>> http://www.nobel.se/ and search for Rosenow's name in the list of Nobel Prize winners. And I call
>> you gullible, given that you didn't bother to check his claim for accuracy before coming to his
>> defense. This is particularly sad, given that the post to which you responded is pretty old, and
>> it was pointed out by me and others in responses to the post that Rosenow never won a Nobel Prize
>> for the work described or for any other work.
>>
>> --
>> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
>> |
>> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"
>
>Sorry, I'm accustomed to Drceephd usually being right and didn't check. Of course it was Dr. Otto
>Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1931 and again in 1944 for discovering the cause of cancer.
>But Rosenow did a lot of the groundwork.

"for his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme"

>So if the cause of cancer is lack of oxygen to the cells, and Warburg got a Nobel prize for
>discovering it, how come conventional treatment is chemo, slash and burn instead of upping the
>oxygen level in the cells?

"for his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme"

>That's the conspiracy and as usual you miss the point.

"for his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme"

The respiratory enzyme is not cancer. As usual, you miss the point.

>The Cause of Cancer http://users.tpg.com.au/ronaldt/pressmanO3.html
>
>Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/soil.htm Since my paranoid shift, whenever I hear the
>words "conspiracy theory" (which seems more often, lately) it usually means someone is getting too
>close to the truth. --Michael Hasty
>http://www.onlinejournal.com/Commentary/011004Hasty/011004hasty.html

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

"Carole" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040117223703.04510.00000172@mb-
> > > m10.aol.com...

> > > or
> > > This
> > > strep
> > > You
> > > Your

> > > And people don't believe in conspiracies!! What do you call this?
> > >
> > > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/media.htm
> >
> > I call it paranoid conspiracy-theory drivel, actually. And I call DRCEPHD ignorant and unable to
> > back up his own claims, given that there is no Nobel Prize winner named Rosenow in medicine,
> > biology, or any other discipline for which Nobel Prizes are given. Don't believe me? Check out
> > http://www.nobel.se/ and search for Rosenow's name in the list of Nobel Prize winners. And I
> > call you gullible, given that you didn't bother to check his claim for accuracy before coming to
> > his defense. This is particularly sad, given that the post to which you responded is pretty old,
> > and it was pointed out by me and others in responses to the post that Rosenow never won a Nobel
> > Prize for the work described or for any other work.
> >
> > --
> > Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> > |
> > |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"
>
> Sorry, I'm accustomed to Drceephd usually being right and didn't check. Of course it was Dr. Otto
> Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1931 and again in 1944 for discovering the cause of cancer.
> But Rosenow did a lot
of
> the groundwork.

Wrong. Warburg only got the Nobel in 1931, for his enzyme work. He didn't recieve it in 1944
(Erlanger and Gasser got it then for their neuro work). www.nobel.se ; check it out in the future
when you feel the need to shoot your mouth off again.

> So if the cause of cancer is lack of oxygen to the cells, and Warburg got
> Nobel prize for discovering it, how come conventional treatment is chemo, slash and burn instead
> of upping the oxygen level in the cells?

Well, humm, maybe that's because 'the' cause of cancer is not lack of oxygen into cells and Warburg
didn't get it for that assertion either?

> That's the conspiracy and as usual you miss the point.
>
> The Cause of Cancer http://users.tpg.com.au/ronaldt/pressmanO3.html
" Whenever someone starts talking about "the" cause of cancer, be wary: you'll probably be hearing
loads of BS coming from that person.

--
Robert Bronsing

"Robert Bronsing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Carole" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:[email protected]...

> > Sorry, I'm accustomed to Drceephd usually being right and didn't check. Of course it was Dr.
> > Otto Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1931
and
> > again in 1944 for discovering the cause of cancer. But Rosenow did a lot
> of
> > the groundwork.
>
> Wrong. Warburg only got the Nobel in 1931, for his enzyme work. He didn't recieve it in 1944
> (Erlanger and Gasser got it then for their neuro work). www.nobel.se ; check it out in the future
> when you feel the need to shoot your mouth off again.

I am working on inventing a keyboard safety to prevent just that.

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in news:fSfYb.22905$3Y6.11955
@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com:

> In article <[email protected]>, Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>"DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040117223703.04510.00000172@mb-
>>m10.aol.com...
>
>>> Get a clue. You know nothing except what your brainwased mind allows you to believe. I do not
>>> believe that you have ever read and studied the work of Be'champ or Enderlein. And what about
>>> Rosenow who proved once again in 1914 that bacteria are pleomorphic and not monomorphic as your
>>> germ theory of disease demands? This Nobel Prize winner proved beyond scientific doubt that
>>> staph germs and strep germs were one and the same. All you had to do was change their food. You
>>> will find that data in the Journal of Infectious Diseases. Your Journal. Your data. And you are
>>> ignorant of it.
>>>
>>> DrC PhD.
>>
>>And people don't believe in conspiracies!! What do you call this?
>
> We call it "Dr" Cee spouting gibberish. Among other things, Rosenow didn't win a Nobel. If "Dr"
> Cee can't even get that right, what are the odds the rest of his tirade is accurate?

If his track record is an indicator of future performance, the odds are almost zero.

"Mark Probert-February 17, 2004" <Mark [email protected]>
schreef in bericht news:[email protected]...

> "Robert Bronsing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Carole" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:[email protected]...
>
> > > Sorry, I'm accustomed to Drceephd usually being right and didn't
check.
> > > Of course it was Dr. Otto Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1931
> and
> > > again in 1944 for discovering the cause of cancer. But Rosenow did a
lot
> > of
> > > the groundwork.
> >
> > Wrong. Warburg only got the Nobel in 1931, for his enzyme work. He
didn't
> > recieve it in 1944 (Erlanger and Gasser got it then for their neuro
work).
> > www.nobel.se ; check it out in the future when you feel the need to
shoot
> > your mouth off again.
>
> I am working on inventing a keyboard safety to prevent just that.

It'll have to involve some form of raw fuzzy logic....

--
Robert Bronsing

"Robert Bronsing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mark Probert-February 17, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> > "Robert Bronsing" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Carole" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:[email protected]...

> check.
> > and
> lot
> > > of
> > >
> > > Wrong. Warburg only got the Nobel in 1931, for his enzyme work. He
> didn't
> > > recieve it in 1944 (Erlanger and Gasser got it then for their neuro
> work).
> > > www.nobel.se ; check it out in the future when you feel the need to
> shoot
> > > your mouth off again.
> >
> > I am working on inventing a keyboard safety to prevent just that.
>
> It'll have to involve some form of raw fuzzy logic....

That is what it will be designed to prevent.

In article <[email protected]>,
Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

> >> I call it paranoid conspiracy-theory drivel, actually. And I call DRCEPHD ignorant and unable
> >> to back up his own claims, given that there is no Nobel Prize winner named Rosenow in medicine,
> >> biology, or any other discipline for which Nobel Prizes are given. Don't believe me? Check out
> >> http://www.nobel.se/ and search for Rosenow's name in the list of Nobel Prize winners. And I
> >> call you gullible, given that you didn't bother to check his claim for accuracy before coming
> >> to his defense. This is particularly sad, given that the post to which you responded is pretty
> >> old, and it was pointed out by me and others in responses to the post that Rosenow never won a
> >> Nobel Prize for the work described or for any other work.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> >> |
> >> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"
> >
> >Sorry, I'm accustomed to Drceephd usually being right and didn't check. Of course it was Dr. Otto
> >Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1931 and again in 1944 for discovering the cause of
> >cancer. But Rosenow did a lot of the groundwork.
>
> "for his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme"
>
> >So if the cause of cancer is lack of oxygen to the cells, and Warburg got a Nobel prize for
> >discovering it, how come conventional treatment is chemo, slash and burn instead of upping the
> >oxygen level in the cells?
>
> "for his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme"
>
> >That's the conspiracy and as usual you miss the point.
>
> "for his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme"
>
> The respiratory enzyme is not cancer. As usual, you miss the point.

What's really sad is that it's SO easy to check these things. The Nobel Committee has a website that
lists all the Nobel Laureates all the way back to 1900 and tells what each one won the Nobel Prize
for. The information is just a click away, and yet people like Carole and Dr. C keep spouting the
same incorrect assertions again and again.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

Orac <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> Still citing 134 year old articles? My goodness, don't you realize how much science has progressed
> since 1870? There were a lot of things published in the 1800's that were later shown not to be
> correct. Heck, there were a lot of things published in the 1980's that were later shown not to be
> correct. Please, let us help you into the present day. You seem stuck in the science of the 19th
> century. We're in the 21st century now.

Does it ever strike you that some (but not all) of "alternative medicine" seems to put the Golden
Age in the late Victorian period? It seems part of a larger form of alienation with modernity in
American culture that involves a nostalgia for the 1870s-1890s (some fundamentalists, for example,
will flat-out state that nobody can seriously argue that America is a better place in 2004 than it
was in 1870; that may have something to do with the fact that American Christian fundamentalism
really developed during the late Victorian period).

I'm guessing that the root of this nostalgia is a desire to return to "simpler" times in response to
a feeling of "overchoice." Of course, the reason those times were "simpler" was that most people's
existence revolved around basic (and not always met) survival needs. This seems to transcend the
political spectrum, though on the Left it seems mostly to take the form of an infatuation with
everything Third World and a concern that indigenous people's ways of life not be changed (not
really taking into account that many of them *aren't* satisfied with their existing ways of life
[1]) and a sort of romanticization of poverty (as long as it's not in one's own back yard). On the
Right it seems more a yearning for the days when the man of the house ruled it absolutely.

[1] A while back I was reading part of the debate about genetically- modified crops. Someone who
had, I believed, actually worked with poor farmers in Africa pointed out that a lot of them
wanted to start [gasp!] spraying *chemical* [oh, the humanity!] herbicides on their crops. And
the reason was *not* that they had been seduced by the propaganda of EEVIL Western chemical
companies. It was that they wanted to have fewer kids and send them to school rather than having
lots of kids who spent all day stooping in the fields picking weeds (this also contradicts the
dogma that high third-world birth rates are merely the result of Roman Catholic opposition to
birth control. In a society based on manual, subsistence- level agriculture, parents have lots
of kids because they need their labor to survive. The dark side of a lot of "green" visions of
the future is that, while it's never explicitly stated, they require women to be baby
factories).

In article <[email protected]>,
Eric Bohlman <[email protected]> wrote:
>Orac <[email protected]> wrote in news:eek:[email protected]:
>
>> Still citing 134 year old articles? My goodness, don't you realize how much science has
>> progressed since 1870? There were a lot of things published in the 1800's that were later shown
>> not to be correct. Heck, there were a lot of things published in the 1980's that were later shown
>> not to be correct. Please, let us help you into the present day. You seem stuck in the science of
>> the 19th century. We're in the 21st century now.
>
>Does it ever strike you that some (but not all) of "alternative medicine" seems to put the Golden
>Age in the late Victorian period? It seems part of a larger form of alienation with modernity in
>American culture that involves a nostalgia for the 1870s-1890s (some fundamentalists, for example,
>will flat-out state that nobody can seriously argue that America is a better place in 2004 than it
>was in 1870; that may have something to do with the fact that American Christian fundamentalism
>really developed during the late Victorian period).
>
>I'm guessing that the root of this nostalgia is a desire to return to "simpler" times in response
>to a feeling of "overchoice." Of course, the reason those times were "simpler" was that most
>people's existence revolved around basic (and not always met) survival needs.

It's an age-old human behavior to harken back to the "good old days." You'll find it in Tao Te
Ching, for example. The whole Garden of Eden idea is another example.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)