Does whey protein cause allergies?

Some people on the main allergies newsgroup are claiming that whey
protein is a dangerous, processed food that is unnatural and best
avoided. Yet, I have always heard that, next to whole eggs, whey
protein is an ideal, perfectly natural protein source. Who has it
right here? Is consuming all this whey actually a good idea?

In addition, the allergy people claim that consuming whey may likely
cause a people to develop a food allergy. Is this true as well?

Just some food for thought (no pun intended).

Swann

Well you dun have to eat it on every ocassion you can limit it to drink just
after workout and b4 you goto bed thus eliminating any food alergies if u
may have one..

Combine with egg whites and natural food and use it as supplement not actual
diet than its ok...

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some people on the main allergies newsgroup are claiming that whey
> protein is a dangerous, processed food that is unnatural and best
> avoided. Yet, I have always heard that, next to whole eggs, whey
> protein is an ideal, perfectly natural protein source. Who has it
> right here? Is consuming all this whey actually a good idea?
>
> In addition, the allergy people claim that consuming whey may likely
> cause a people to develop a food allergy. Is this true as well?
>
> Just some food for thought (no pun intended).
>
> Swann

"Chingy" <[email protected]> wrote
> Well you dun have to eat it on every ocassion you can limit it to drink
> just after workout and b4 you goto bed thus eliminating any food alergies
> if u may have one..

So, if you eat a food you're allergic to "just after workout and b4 you goto
bed", there's no problem.

How do they say "retarded" in your native language?

David

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >How do they say "retarded" in your native language?>

> Why misalign the retarded by grouping them in there with him?

you are maligning this entire group by misaligning the retarded.

Many adults, especially non-Europeans cant
easily digest lactose. Some of that may be in
the whey depending on how it is prepared.

<[email protected]> wrote:
>Some people on the main allergies newsgroup are claiming that whey
>protein is a dangerous, processed food that is unnatural and best
>avoided. Yet, I have always heard that, next to whole eggs, whey
>protein is an ideal, perfectly natural protein source. Who has it
>right here? Is consuming all this whey actually a good idea?
>
>In addition, the allergy people claim that consuming whey may likely
>cause a people to develop a food allergy. Is this true as well?

I doubt it causes allergies, but if you're slightly allergic
to the proteins in it, concentrating them like that will certainly
give you a reaction.

>Just some food for thought (no pun intended).

You have to remember that MOST people who think they have
a lot of allergies are the victims of weak correlations.

They eat an apple, get the runs, think they have an
allergy to apples for ten years, try an apple, have no
problem, realize what a moron they are...

I've known other people who were diagnosed with multiple
allergies and suffered a tedious decade of avoiding
very common foods (try eating nothing with wheat, eggs,
lettuce, or peanuts for just one day), only to be correctly
diagnosed with thyroid disease, which is fairly easily
managed.

--Blair
"Check your doctor for real degrees."

On 19 Jun 2005 05:43:15 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Some people on the main allergies newsgroup are claiming that whey
>protein is a dangerous, processed food that is unnatural and best
>avoided. Yet, I have always heard that, next to whole eggs, whey
>protein is an ideal, perfectly natural protein source. Who has it
>right here? Is consuming all this whey actually a good idea?
>
>In addition, the allergy people claim that consuming whey may likely
>cause a people to develop a food allergy. Is this true as well?
>
>Just some food for thought (no pun intended).

Whey occurs naturally in many dairy products. Some people will
develop allergies to a variety of foods and supplements. If you get
gas or bloating after having a specific protein powder, just try a
different one. Some nutritionists have also recommended rotating the
brand of protein powder you use occassionally to prevent any allergy
development. I personally have never had a problem with any whey
protein powder I've tried.

A lot of extreme nutritionists have a big problem with dairy in
general, claiming casein is nothing more than elmer's glue in your gut
and other ridiculous nonsense. Either you can tolerate dairy, or you
cannot. If you can, it is a great source of protein and both milk and
protein powders derived from it (either whey or casein) can be
effectively used to help meet many nutritional needs of serious
trainers. Most people find supplementing their diet with a quality
protein powder, usually a whey protein powder, helps them gain muscle
faster along with other positive health benefits. Results speak
louder than words.