Does your bicycle have a name?

PantsDaddy

Jun 13, 2007
During a ride with a group of people earlyer, I speaked with someperson who gave the bicycle they are riding the name esperance (or something) . I don't know the reasons for this interesting name but I think it's cool to give it a name, perhaps I will begin to call mine somename.

Has anyone else given a name to your bicycle? what's the name if you had?

Reactions: haleylx4
I thought it was normal to name bikes...
confused.gif
Mind you, I even name my car
tongue.gif

My training bike is called 'Flash' .. .its purple, old and very funky(at least I think so)....

My track bike is called 'Hippo' .. its what I feel like when im on it!!! haha - well that and its a Hillbrick, so seemed to fit well

As for my race bike...I have been stuck for almost a year on what to call it. Might just have to get a new one to solve that problem...
biggrin.gif

Unruly *****!
Mostly when I drop the chain while shifting on a climb.

PantsDaddy said:
During a ride with a group of people earlyer, I speaked with someperson who gave the bicycle they are riding the name esperance (or something) . I don't know the reasons for this interesting name but I think it's cool to give it a name, perhaps I will begin to call mine somename.

My bikey has a first name, it's B-I-K-E-Y;
MY bikey has a second name , it's:
RidleyshimanoFSAritcheyWTBultegraSRAMtruvativeForcey105hurtsmyrear :p

You kidding me ? There's so much stuff with names on my bike there isn't any room for a personality :eek: :rolleyes: It's skitzophrenic - I'd like to strip it all down and paint it black. With one reflector hanging from the seat so I don't get hit.

Then I could call it......

The Midnight Rider.....:cool: and I could sing Allman Brother's Songs while riding. And wear a mask. :D

Geo

Mine doesn't have a name. But I'd like to play along. Let's see.

How about Bullet? I'm not trying to say that I'm fast. I just like that name.

PantsDaddy said:
... who gave the bicycle the name esperance ... Has anyone else given a name to your bicycle? what's the name if you had?
Could it be the spanish word ESPERANZA, what you understood to be the name of the guy's bike? That would be HOPE then - hope to ever get to his destination for instance?!? (Joke).
To answer your second question: Yes, I christened my new heavy metal baby (lugged steel that is) SPURTSTER with good hope to please me well in that respect!

Vincent Kluwe said:
Could it be the spanish word ESPERANZA, what you understood to be the name of the guy's bike? That would be HOPE then - hope to ever get to his destination for instance?!? (Joke).
To answer your second question: Yes, I christened my new heavy metal baby (lugged steel that is) SPURTSTER with good hope to please me well in that respect!
is possible.

i looked into what you have said and you are correct. with no change of letters it is also hope in french/

Old Traveler, Racer, Varsity, new Traveler, mountain bike, Trek roadie, Sprint, Columbia, Breeze, Sport-a-bout, World Tourist, Schwinn roadie, folder (sometimes called Pound Puppy).

PantsDaddy said:

Call mine 'THE PLUM' ever since I landed on the crossbar.....................:eek: