Does your fork have lockout?

Mine too! (or at least it will if I ever get the bike back from the shop that's installing my new fork). Manitou Black Super Air.

dude now days you dont need a lock out...i mean who wants to take the time for that its called built in dampening like SPV for manitou and Fox has sumn too...but i forget the name

~Scott

Take the time??? I have a manitou axel comp (100mm) w/ lockout. Locks out on the fly, takes maybe one second!:eek:
Muddy Beast said:
dude now days you dont need a lock out...i mean who wants to take the time for that its called built in dampening like SPV for manitou and Fox has sumn too...but i forget the name

~Scott

I've got the lockout with my Trek Fuel 100... Rock Shox Psylo Fork, but I don't find that I use it much. It's done on the fly by flicking a switch on the handle bars.

Yes (Lefty ELO) but to be honest, I don't really use it all that much.. even though it lights up pretty shiny LEDs when its locked out ;)

For most off-road type riding I think an SPV/Terralogic type valving system would be more appropriate.

it's the future my friend. i got a Lefty DLR2 and a fox float RP3. like a hardtail

Whats the cheapest I can get a lockout fork for?

Can anybody post up any links to sites?

Thanks

Hello people,

my fork is a Manitou Six 2003 without lock out (first bike with suspension fork)

¿ When you use the lock out ? What is the lock out for ?

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

first of all i just want to say you live in a beautiful country. although my travels are limited to B.A. i can imagine santa fe is amazing. try climbing some mad hill without lockout then try it again with it locked and you'll see for yourself, friend.

mpm said:
Hello people,

my fork is a Manitou Six 2003 without lock out (first bike with suspension fork)

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

christd said:
first of all i just want to say you live in a beautiful country. although my travels are limited to B.A. i can imagine santa fe is amazing. try climbing some mad hill without lockout then try it again with it locked and you'll see for yourself, friend.

Hi christd, many thanks by your works about my country. ¿ Where are you from ?

Santa Fe is a very flat area, that´s why I don´t know about climbing techinques.

I founded some troubles with my forks (without lock out) when I'm training on the rollers, I thinks that if I can lock the fork I will feel the bike more "stable" on the rollers.

I think that when I must change the fork I will go for one with lockout.

Best regards.

Marcelo

I've got the Marzocchi Marathon which has ETA. It's a lockout that holds the fork in a compressed position and limits movement to 20-ish mm. The thing I like about this is that it drops down the front end and gets you in a great position for serious climbing while limiting bob, but for big hits, there is still a little give. I got an '04 model on ebay for $120 last year, tuned it up with new seals and oil myself (its really easy). Cant say enough good things about it.

i have lockout on my forks.
i lock it for commuting on the road or on flat paths, and unlock it for offroad riding.

rudymexico said:
No but I wish
hi there...
Question'ssss
how important is Lockout?
i am trying to decide between a couple of bikes.
1- one has lock out but no disc brakes! good price, ok components speciliazed[Rockhopper(basic)]$450.

2- the other has disc brakes but no lockout,much better components.[iron horse warrior comp] $519. kinda the hi end of $'s for me right now.

3- last is one w/lockout and disc brakes, but components are jus a tad less than on the iron horse.[gary fisher pirahana] $569 extreme hi end $'s for me.

should i settle for no lockout or jus get the iron horse w/ disc brakes ?
or try and wait and or stretch myself and go for the Gary fisher?
would disc brakes be better to have than lockout?

i guess should i sacrifice one component for the other?
anyone suggest a bike in that $400-500 dollar range?

if it helps any... i'm 5'3-150lbs and no inseam,ok ..30"inseam!
any help on this would be great!!!

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

Well if you have it and dont use it ,maybe you don't need it.
However ,most lockouts have a Quick flic lever on the top of the right hand leg and by turning this you can turn it so it eventually locks the fork to a rigid fork.Some have a handle bar mounted lever
THE LOCKOUT FEATURE IS GREAT FOR WHEN YOU STAND AND CLIMB ,THE FRONT END DOESN'T BOB WITH YOUR PEDAL STROKE.
Know the position of the lockout lever,sometimes little fingers fiddle with levers ,and on that bumpy ride downhill,you'll learn the difference of a locked out shock and one with travle.

Some guys are switching their disk brakes back to v brackes,some guys love their lockout and others never need it,So its very much a personal experience,
Did i look wrong but both the piharana and iron horse sites show bikes with disks,the warrior comp,has the manitou shocks and avid disks?