Does your opinion of a rider go up or down when they come clean?

Rolfrae said:
I detest the man. Wish I could go back to the Mortirolo during last year's Giro and knock him off his bike. I was inches away from the ****. Of course, we'll all believe him now - he's trustworthy and honest now. Yes Ivan, really Ivan, well done for telling the truth Ivan. You were going to dope, but events conspired against you. What total and utter ********.
At this rate he'll be re-hired by DC again !

Well I doubt the UCI will feel charitable if that is the official line... I gave my blood but had yet to dope...

The riders have to put on a " I didn't do it defense." It's not about cycling now for the implicated riders. It's about facing the civil prosecutors.
Do I have any respect for the riders who come clean......????

I guess I never really respected any of them to care enough if they doped or not. I always felt dope was part of the sport since I started following it way back when, so I guess I enjoyed the sport if doping was part of it. Would I enjoy the sport being "dope free?" Don't know, because there never has been cycling sport at that level "dope free." For all we know, the pro riders may not be much stronger then the "Fred" that rides around town picking up pop cans. Each city has a "Fred." Maybe we could throw some lycra on these "Freds" and have a real bike race.

I would rather have a doping sport then what we have now. This is not going to clean the sport up at all.
At least this year I don't have to waste my time watching riders ride thru sunflowers for an hour a day to see 1 minute of bike racing.

Because after the "classics" , the season ends until the rainbow jersey is up for grabs......

i'd like to rescind my original post. not only did my opinion not go up when he confessed, but the way in which basso did just made him look like a complete fool.