Doesn't surprise me ...

Richard Bates

Guest
It doesn't surprise me that nobody here has commented on the article in the Mirror this morning [1].

"20 things that make Britain grate" - Sue Somebody

In at 18 or 19 was cyclists, since they all cycle on the pavement and don't pay a penny in road tax.

Oh of course speed cameras were probably there too: The law being too harsh on motorists and too
lenient on real criminals certainly got a mention.

Immigrants probably got a mention too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/suecarroll/

Love and embarrassment from Rich x

[1] It was on the table in the retaurant at work and I saw the feature listed in the front page so I
turned to page 23 and ONLY READ PAGE 23
- do I make myself clear - I only read it because I saw the feature listed on the front page. I did
NOT read any other sections .. blah blah blah. Oh well actually I did read the "Doctor Dingo
Answers Your Embarrassing Medical Problems" page - something about a bloke who could no longer
find his ***** because he was too obese through lack of cardiovascular exercise in his lifestyle.

--
DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Oh of course speed cameras were probably there too: The law being too harsh on motorists and too
> lenient on real criminals certainly got a mention.

Well, to my joy today, the Grauniad expressed a refreshingly alternate opinion:-
url:http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,3604,1155243,00.html

Eddie .

>Well, to my joy today, the Grauniad expressed a refreshingly alternate
>opinion:-
>url:http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,3604,1155243,00.html

I read that one. That, combined with the Radio 4 prog today, challenging the speedophiles, has made
a welcome change from the usual stuff put out about hard-done-by motorists.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> It doesn't surprise me that nobody here has commented on the article in the Mirror this
> morning [1].
>
> "20 things that make Britain grate" - Sue Somebody

Agree with all of them apart from 18 ! How do you get number plates on a Colnago ?

Graham

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> It doesn't surprise me that nobody here has commented on the article in the Mirror this
> morning [1].
>
> "20 things that make Britain grate" - Sue Somebody
>
> In at 18 or 19 was cyclists, since they all cycle on the pavement and don't pay a penny in
> road tax.
>
> Oh of course speed cameras were probably there too: The law being too harsh on motorists and too
> lenient on real criminals certainly got a mention.
>
> Immigrants probably got a mention too.

Populist gibberish from a hungover columnist with no material and a fast approaching deadline.

--
Dave...