Doesn't surprise me ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Feb 25, 2004.

1. It doesn't surprise me that nobody here has commented on the article in the Mirror this morning [1].

"20 things that make Britain grate" - Sue Somebody

In at 18 or 19 was cyclists, since they all cycle on the pavement and don't pay a penny in road tax.

Oh of course speed cameras were probably there too: The law being too harsh on motorists and too
    lenient on real criminals certainly got a mention.

Immigrants probably got a mention too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/suecarroll/

Love and embarrassment from Rich x

[1] It was on the table in the retaurant at work and I saw the feature listed in the front page so I
    turned to page 23 and ONLY READ PAGE 23
    - do I make myself clear - I only read it because I saw the feature listed on the front page. I did
    NOT read any other sections .. blah blah blah. Oh well actually I did read the "Doctor Dingo
    Answers Your Embarrassing Medical Problems" page - something about a bloke who could no longer
    find his willy because he was too obese through lack of cardiovascular exercise in his lifestyle.

--
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
    like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal
    and binding contract.

Tags:

2. Frobnitz

Frobnitz Guest

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > Oh of course speed cameras were probably there too: The law being too harsh on motorists and too
    > lenient on real criminals certainly got a mention.

Well, to my joy today, the Grauniad expressed a refreshingly alternate opinion:-
    url:http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,3604,1155243,00.html

Eddie .

3. >Well, to my joy today, the Grauniad expressed a refreshingly alternate
    >opinion:-
    >url:http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,3604,1155243,00.html

I read that one. That, combined with the Radio 4 prog today, challenging the speedophiles, has made
    a welcome change from the usual stuff put out about hard-done-by motorists.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

4. Graham

Graham Guest

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > It doesn't surprise me that nobody here has commented on the article in the Mirror this
    > morning [1].
    >
    > "20 things that make Britain grate" - Sue Somebody

Agree with all of them apart from 18 ! How do you get number plates on a Colnago ?

Graham
    >
    > In at 18 or 19 was cyclists, since they all cycle on the pavement and don't pay a penny in
    > road tax.
    >
    > Oh of course speed cameras were probably there too: The law being too harsh on motorists and too
    >
    > Immigrants probably got a mention too.
    >
    > http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/suecarroll/
    >
    > Love and embarrassment from Rich x
    >
    > [1] It was on the table in the retaurant at work and I saw the feature listed in the front page so
    > I turned to page 23 and ONLY READ PAGE 23
    > - do I make myself clear - I only read it because I saw the feature listed on the front page. I
    > did NOT read any other sections .. blah blah blah. Oh well actually I did read the "Doctor Dingo
    > Answers Your Embarrassing Medical Problems" page - something about a bloke who could no longer
    > find his willy because he was too obese through lack of cardiovascular exercise in his
    > lifestyle.
    >
    > --
    > DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
    > like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a
    > legal and binding contract.

5. Dave Kahn

Dave Kahn Guest

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It doesn't surprise me that nobody here has commented on the article in the Mirror this
    > morning [1].
    >
    > "20 things that make Britain grate" - Sue Somebody
    >
    > In at 18 or 19 was cyclists, since they all cycle on the pavement and don't pay a penny in
    > road tax.
    >
    >
    > Immigrants probably got a mention too.

Populist gibberish from a hungover columnist with no material and a fast approaching deadline.

--
    Dave...