dog repellent

Perky

Guest
Has anyone tried one of those "sonic" repellent devices to keep dogs away when you run? I like to
run in my neighborhood but since being bitten my a dog I'm pretty edgy, and nearly every time I head
out there are loose dogs bounding around or approaching.

>Has anyone tried one of those "sonic" repellent devices to keep dogs away when you run?

Does anyone have a repellent to keep these pathetic dog-paranoia sufferers from spewing their weekly
anti-dog threads?

wow, that hit a nerve bigger than the one the dog hit! by the way, I run with my dog ;-)! and yeah,
there's a repellent; use killfile for subject line including "dogs." but good choice of words,
paranoia. I agree. didn't know there were regular threads...I'll check 'em out!

Arbor77 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >Has anyone tried one of those "sonic" repellent devices to keep dogs away when you run?
>
> Does anyone have a repellent to keep these pathetic dog-paranoia sufferers
from
> spewing their weekly anti-dog threads?

try water gun and ammonia ,,, it works for me plodizlla

perky wrote:

> Has anyone tried one of those "sonic" repellent devices to keep dogs away when you run? I like to
> run in my neighborhood but since being bitten my a dog I'm pretty edgy, and nearly every time I
> head out there are loose dogs bounding around or approaching.

A cheaper version of sonic repellant is any Celine Dion cd. It will send all dogs, and most people
scurrying for cover.

Miss Anne Thrope wrote:

> A cheaper version of sonic repellant is any Celine Dion cd. It will send all dogs, and most people
> scurrying for cover.

Or Josh Groban and put them to sleep.

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:41:11 GMT, "perky" <[email protected]> wrote:

>wow, that hit a nerve bigger than the one the dog hit! by the way, I run with my dog ;-)! and yeah,
>there's a repellent; use killfile for subject line including "dogs." but good choice of words,
>paranoia. I agree. didn't know there were regular threads...I'll check 'em out!

Umm, if you run with your dog, won't the sonic device repell him/her as well? What about
pepper spray?

Malcontent

>Arbor77 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> >Has anyone tried one of those "sonic" repellent devices to keep dogs away when you run?
>>
>> Does anyone have a repellent to keep these pathetic dog-paranoia sufferers
>from
>> spewing their weekly anti-dog threads?

pepper spray wouldn't have helped the time I did get bitten. and it has to be carefully
controlled....I definitely don't want the stuff in MY face (nor in my dog's face). I'm thinking I'll
just buy a shark suit; that way the teeth won't penetrate, and I'll get an extra workout from the
additional weight...

http://homesecuritystore.com/pepper_spray_mace_landing.html?engine=adwords&k eyword=pepper+spray

perky wrote:

> Has anyone tried one of those "sonic" repellent devices to keep dogs away when you run? I like to
> run in my neighborhood but since being bitten my a dog I'm pretty edgy, and nearly every time I
> head out there are loose dogs bounding around or approaching.

We used to use them while reading electric meters. They worked wonders with some breeds like
shepards, and spitzes - seemed like the more a dog's ears were "straight up" the better it worked.
Unfortunately it seemed to be completely useless on breeds with floppy ears like St. Bernards,
beagles, etc. The ones we had were kinda big and heavy - not what I'd want to carry on a 10-miler.

We quit using them in favor of pepper spray. As I've mentioned before, the problem with spray is
when you get it on your own skin. It will give you second-degree burns unless you wash it off in a
few minutes.

--
Wake