Dog rescue.

• Thread starter Mr R@T \ -Lsqco
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr R@T \ -Lsqco

This weekend I went to visit a friend, who lives in a multi-floor block of flat in a "less savoury"
part of Reading. For this reason I lugged my bike, panniers and all, up *3* flights of steps - and
when I opened the top corridor a pair of eyes were looking at me from the other side.

A small pup (possibly a whippet/jack russell cross). I deduced it was quite young and unused to
dealing with urban areas on its own, so I blocked the corridor with my bike (and myself) so it could
not run past me; and commanded it to go back towards the flats (which it did- eventually) - I was
concerned that it would run out of the block into the busy main roads of South Reading.

Enquiries at my friends house ascertained the it belonged to a hippy who was also visiting there,
and hadn't realised the dog had got out - he was most grateful for its safe return.

Alex

"Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room new build]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This weekend I went to visit a friend, who lives in a multi-floor block of flat in a "less
> savoury" part of Reading. For this reason I lugged my
bike,
> panniers and all, up *3* flights of steps - and when I opened the top corridor a pair of eyes were
> looking at me from the other side.
>
> A small pup (possibly a whippet/jack russell cross). I deduced it was
quite
> young and unused to dealing with urban areas on its own, so I blocked the corridor with my bike
> (and myself) so it could not run past me; and commanded it to go back towards the flats (which it
> did- eventually) - I
was
> concerned that it would run out of the block into the busy main roads of South Reading.
>
> Enquiries at my friends house ascertained the it belonged to a hippy who
was
> also visiting there, and hadn't realised the dog had got out - he was most grateful for its
> safe return.
>
> Alex
>
> And your point is ?

Graham

In news:[email protected], Graham <[email protected]> typed:

>>
>> And your point is ?
>
if you *really* want a few....

1. not *all* dogs are annoying mutts which chase your bike
2. some cyclists tend to be more caring types who look after animals (others may have just let the
dog run into the road) - I'm not really a dog person and don't even have a beard but this looked
like a lost animal who wished to be re-united with its pack
3. the trick of using a bike to prevent an animal getting past works (OK, I admit I wouldn't try it
with a puma ;)

But does there *really* need to be a point or position with every post on here? It seems that
you can't win - I was trying to post at least *one* "positive" story in amongst all the
accidents, warnings of rip-off on-line merchants, duff legislation and someone finds *something*
to complain about....

Alex

"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >But does there *really* need to be a point or position with every post on here? It seems that you
> >can't win - I was trying to post at least *one* "positive" story in amongst all the accidents,
> >warnings of rip-off
on-line
> >merchants, duff legislation and someone finds *something* to complain about....
> >
> >Alex
> >
>
> Moan, moan, moan ;-) I liked the tale of the dog. 101 uses of a bike :)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
yeah, me too. I just take exception to the malicious use of my surname....mind you, I have been
taking exception for the best part of 40 years to no avail :-( ...... Dave (Merchant)

Dogs are very useful just cycle through Laos and you'll see lots of dogs, on a stick mainly with a
rather nice chilli sauce and sticky rice buts dogs all the same. Problem is not the dog chasing you
but the vendor of said dog trying to sell you a tasty snack. The sight of a rickshaw food vendor
peddling furiously to catch me up charcoal brazier glowing red in the wind still makes me smile.

Remember a dog is for life not just Christmas or dinner even!

Status
Not open for further replies.