Doggy Trailer

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Danny Colyer, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a magazine for a modular trailer
    (single base, multiple possible tops). One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can
    anyone tell me off the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether it has
    a website?

    Otherwise, what trailers are good for dogs?

    The reason I ask is that the woman camped next to me at the CTC Birthday Rides wanted a trailer for
    her dog, so I mentioned the modular trailer that I'd seen and said I'd look it up.

    (She's also thinking of getting a bent, due to back problems. So I recommended making sure she gets
    a bent and trailer that are compatible. She had a ride on my Street Machine, but I think she'll be
    better of with a trike).

    Thomas Paine

    Tags:

  2. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Danny Colyer <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a magazine for a modular trailer
    > (single base, multiple possible tops). One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can anyone
    > tell me off the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether it has a
    > website?

    Not sure of the name or URL, but it was sold in the Bike-Gear catalogue that came with Cycling+ a
    few issues ago, if that helps.

  3. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Try "Orbit" in Sheffield, UK

    SW

    "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a magazine for a modular trailer
    > (single base, multiple possible tops). One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can anyone
    > tell me off the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether it has a
    > website?
    >
    > Otherwise, what trailers are good for dogs?
    >
    > The reason I ask is that the woman camped next to me at the CTC Birthday Rides wanted a trailer
    > for her dog, so I mentioned the modular trailer that I'd seen and said I'd look it up.
    >
    > (She's also thinking of getting a bent, due to back problems. So I recommended making sure she
    > gets a bent and trailer that are compatible. She had a ride on my Street Machine, but I think
    > she'll be better of with a trike).
    >
    > --
    > Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
    > http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
    > Thomas Paine

  4. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Danny Colyer <[email protected]> writes
    >I remember sometime in the last few months seeing an advert in a magazine for a modular trailer
    >(single base, multiple possible tops). One of the modules was designed for towing dogs. Can
    >anyone tell me off the top of their head what make the trailer might have been, or whether it has
    >a website?

    Orbit sell the 'Bluebird' range - this sounds like it.

    <http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/Gearshift_Bluebird_162.html>

    The Orbit site itself kept crashing Opera

    <http://www.orbit-cycles.co.uk/>
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Marc wrote:
    > Not sure of the name or URL, but it was sold in the Bike-Gear catalogue that came with Cycling+ a
    > few issues ago, if that helps.

    It certainly does, thanks. I found the Catalogue and found the Blue Bird trailer system (which turns
    out to be made by Orbit, thanks Steve and Chris too).

    The manufacturer's site for the trailer is http://www.orbit-cycles.co.uk/trailers.shtml#ORBIT so
    I'll forward that and the Gearshift link.

    Thomas Paine