Dogs

John Gibson

Guest
So there I was at about 9 pm lights on all legal, belting through my local park which is a cycle
path when this big ugly black dog gives

snapping and barking as I pedalled like mad to escape. It was like a frigging SAM chasing an F16 I
could not shake the mother off. So I screeched to a halt full bang on the Shimano discs and let this
dog have a facefull of Reebok trainer. The dogs owner then caught us up and had a go at me about
booting the dog and cycling too fast and he might call the old bill. So I asked him "where his dog
**** was?" He looked a bit confused so I said to him that obviously he has a bag full of his dogs
**** that he has cleaned up from the pavement. He stood there shaking his head as I reminded him
that his dogs stinking festering pile of logs was probably smothered all over the pathway for all to
tread in and cycle across.

I also demanded to know why the stinky black dog was not on a lead? No answer to that either
suprise surprise.

It never ceases to amaze me peoples double standards, and you might think I give cyclists a bad
name but we will never be as anti social as people who let their flea bitten mutts **** all
over the path.

So dog owners get the massage. Eat my brake dust shitter.

Gibbo.

"John Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I also demanded to know why the stinky black dog was not on a lead? No answer to that either
> suprise surprise.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me peoples double standards, and you might think I give cyclists a bad
> name but we will never be as anti social as people who let their flea bitten mutts **** all over
> the path.

I was attacked by a big black Doberman last Saturday. I had decided to ride down "his" street and
it came at me from the pavement, baring its fangs. I decided to stop instead of trying to outrun it
and there was a bit of a stand off. It's flaming owner, instead of calling it off, decided to
pretend that it wasn't his and walked off around the corner. In the end I turned around and left
"his" street and it lost interest.

"John Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Idiot. Just stop and say hello to the dog. It'll figure that you're the boss and leave you alone.

The dog probably had the day of its life, chasing a pillock on a bike, laughing at the poor inferior
fool sweating like mad to get away. It is probably still telling its mates about you.

If a dog chases you, just stop and talk to it.

dogs = weird

> So there I was at about 9 pm lights on all legal, belting through my local park which is a cycle
> path when this big ugly black dog gives

> snapping and barking as I pedalled like mad to escape. It was like a frigging SAM chasing an F16 I
> could not shake the mother off. So I screeched to a halt full bang on the Shimano discs and let
> this dog have a facefull of Reebok trainer. The dogs owner then caught us up and had a go at me
> about booting the dog and cycling too fast and he might call the old bill. So I asked him "where
> his dog **** was?" He looked a bit confused so I said to him that obviously he has a bag full of
> his dogs **** that he has cleaned up from the pavement. He stood there shaking his head as I
> reminded him that his dogs stinking festering pile of logs was probably smothered all over the
> pathway for all to tread in and cycle across.
>
> I also demanded to know why the stinky black dog was not on a lead? No answer to that either
> suprise surprise.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me peoples double standards, and you might think I give cyclists a bad
> name but we will never be as anti social as people who let their flea bitten mutts **** all over
> the path.
>
> So dog owners get the massage. Eat my brake dust shitter.
>
> Gibbo.

I've been chased by dogs but I've found that by letting them get close enough and braking sharply
enough, they usually run into the back wheel. Sometime this requires rapid accelleration before they
come to and start to savage parts of bike or body.

Gadget

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Mj%[email protected]...

> I've been chased by dogs but I've found that by letting them get close enough and braking sharply
> enough, they usually run into the back wheel. Sometime this requires rapid accelleration before
> they come to and start
> savage parts of bike or body.
>
> Gadget

Before Saturday, I'd only been attacked by one dog, a small Scotty who ran out of a farm house as I
passed by at speed. It was amusing to see its little legs going like the clappers as I easily held
it off at about 12 mph.

So there is my mate Ian, riding his Windcheetah recumbent trike along Boundary Road, E17, this being
one of the less genteel areas of The 'stow. Outside a pub are some Oiks, one of whom has a dog,
doubtless called "Tyson" or "Rambo". Oik thinks it would be amusing to see Tyson / Rambo feasting on
Haunch of Telecom Technician, so unleashed the hound, with a cry of "Get 'im!"

The sound of claws clicking on the pavement lent Ian wings, and a mighty sprint ensued. However,
Tyson / Rambo was not to be put off, and launched a last despairing lunge at the rapidly-departing
trike. Alas for the creature, this obliged him to leave the pavement and cross the road, a region
also occupied by a fast-moving Transit van...

> *** THUMP *** <

Ian reported that he did not go back to enquire about Tyson / Rambo's wellbeing, but on recounting
this tale to Richard Ballantine, the latter shook him warmly by the hand, saying simply
"Congratulations".

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

You sound like the sort of person who laughs when small brown kids get blown up by american
smart-missiles....

Simononon wrote:

> If a dog chases you, just stop and talk to it.
>
> dogs = weird

I usually stop and bark loudly at them. I have no idea what I'm saying but it seems to totally
confuse them ;-)

John B

I'm sorry for the dog, though not that sorry as it clearly had no intention of being friendly to
Ian. I am not at all sorry for the pikey **** who found it amusing to sic the dog on someone. Go and
read what dog-owner Richard Ballantine has to say on the subject of dogs chasing cyclists.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Ric <[email protected]> wrote:

> You sound like the sort of person who laughs when small brown kids get blown up by american
> smart-missiles....

Would you have prefered the rider to have been bitten? Any turd dispenser off the lead is fair game
for anything to happen to
it. And anyone that tries to compare the fate of children in a war with the fate of said turd
dispensers has no real arguent and is relying on emotion.

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

"Ric" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

> "John Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> Idiot. Just stop and say hello to the dog. It'll figure that you're the boss and leave you alone.

And you know this for a fact do you? What if someone has a genuine fear of dogs? Why should I
tolerate dogs trying to bite my back wheel? Why do you think owners should leave them off the lead
in public places? Why should I have my journey interupted by other peoples ignorance. How many times
have you heard an owner say " Oh he"s ok he wont bite"

> The dog probably had the day of its life, chasing a pillock on a bike, laughing at the poor
> inferior fool sweating like mad to get away. It is probably still telling its mates about you.

Interesting.... Ric thinks dogs talk, and swap stories. What else Ric? Do they race cars, or fly
jumbo jets at the weekend? What planet are you on troll?

I thought some goody goody would be along to stick up for errant dog owners. Ladies and gents meet
Ric the ****.

More enlightenment from Ric will no doubt be along shortly.

Gibbo

"Ric" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

> You sound like the sort of person who laughs when small brown kids get blown up by american
> smart-missiles....

I fail to see the comparison.

How can you link kids being killed by bombs to dogs chasing cyclists? You are confused and
delusional.

Gibbo

>How many times have you heard an owner say " Oh he"s ok he wont bite"

Many times. Why?

Ric wrote:
> You sound like the sort of person who laughs when small brown kids get blown up by american
> smart-missiles....

And you sound like you're the sort of person who confuses two totally different, and separate,
issues ...

--

Completed 1708 Seti work units in 12974 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Ive never been attacked by a dog when I've been on a bike, although cycling along shared use towpath
can be dodgy for the seemingly demented dogs that are incapable of walking in a straight line.

Anyway I was going along this towpath the other week and saw a person ahead carrying a dogless lead.
Uh-oh, I thought - wheres the dog. As that thought flashed through my brain the dog flashed out of
the undergrowth, careered across the path and under my front wheel. Well not under but more of a
glancing blow to it. A split second later my bike was in a perpendicular plane to the path.

eeuuhh

--
----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

"John Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in messag

What a whiney spineless little man you must be. Scared of a dog! LOL!!! Then you go around boasting
about kicking it.

Is it really so traumatic for you to have a dog bark at you? Perhaps you should see a psychiatrist
for treatment over irrational fear syndrome.

news:[email protected]...
> Ric wrote:
> > You sound like the sort of person who laughs when small brown kids get blown up by american
> > smart-missiles....
>
> And you sound like you're the sort of person who confuses two totally different, and separate,
> issues ...

No, the OP was taking pleasure in seeing an animal suffer.

"marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1fvo5j1.1jl9fji1qos1tmN%[email protected]...
> Ric <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > You sound like the sort of person who laughs when small brown kids get
blown
> > up by american smart-missiles....
>
> Would you have prefered the rider to have been bitten?

No, not at all. But taking pleasure from seeing an animal hurt or killed through no fault of its
own is pathetic. And to boast about it on an ng, trying to pretend that it is funny, is even
more pathetic.

> Any turd dispenser off the lead is fair game for anything to happen to
> it.

Yawn. You are as bad as car drivers on who regard all cyclists as fair game. Just learn to respect
that other people have different pleasures to your own. You'll be a nicer person for it.

Ric wrote:

> But taking pleasure from seeing an animal hurt or killed through no fault of its own is pathetic.
> And to boast about it on an ng, trying to pretend that it is funny, is even more pathetic.

And how, pray, do you arrive at *that* outlandish conclusion? Nowhere in the original post does it
say that I took pleasure in seeing the demise of the unfortunate creature. In fact, if you look
closely, you'll see that nowhere in the original post does it say that *I* saw it it at all. Nor am
I "pretending" that it is funny. May I cordially suggest that you get yourself some new glasses?

Oh, and Plonk!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/