D'oh! Some hitches in construction...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    Ok, one major problem: Front disc brake caliper won't mount. Why? Well, the fork doesn't have enough
    room for the bolt and integral washer. The bolt and bolt head seem to fit fine, but the washer is
    bigger, and gets jammed against the fork lower. I figure I'll just grind off the washer on one side
    - that should work, right?

    And then I just need about 2.5 feet of housing and some cable stops, my wheels to be built up (I got
    some pretty snazzy rims too - pics will come as soon as the bike is all built!), cassette mounted,
    chain put on, derailleurs adjusted... and the disc brakes need to be mounted, aligned, hoses cut,
    and filled with mineral oil. Then some suspension adjustments... and I'm ready to roll! So close....

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, one major problem: Front disc brake caliper won't mount. Why?
    Well,
    > the fork doesn't have enough room for the bolt and integral washer. The bolt and bolt head seem to
    > fit fine, but the washer is bigger, and gets jammed against the fork lower. I figure I'll just
    > grind off the washer on one side - that should work, right?

    Sometimes a little customization is necessary. I've had to 'mod' a couple Hayes rear adapters to fit
    over welds and parts of the frame on my M1 and Bullit. Gotta love a Dremel tool. ;^)

    > And then I just need about 2.5 feet of housing and some cable stops, my wheels to be built up (I
    > got some pretty snazzy rims too - pics will come
    as
    > soon as the bike is all built!), cassette mounted, chain put on,
    derailleurs
    > adjusted... and the disc brakes need to be mounted, aligned, hoses cut,
    and
    > filled with mineral oil. Then some suspension adjustments... and I'm
    ready
    > to roll! So close....

    Sweet. Pics and RR soon I hope!!!

    Mike