D'oh!

mjw_byrne

Jan 22, 2004
Just had one of those "bad bike days"....I left my bike locked in town for too long, and when I came to get it I found someone had given it a serious beating - bent rims and spokes, broken cables, you name it. Also, disturbingly, there seems to be a new breed of bike thief; they have evolved the intelligence to use hex wrenches. So they nicked my bar ends (what on Earth is the point of nicking bar ends!?)

Anyway I fixed the bike up and it works reasonably well now (trued the wheels as best I could but they're still a bit wonky). On my first ride on it for ages I hit a gigantic but somehow invisible pothole and got thrown off, skinning much of my right arm and ripping my gorgeous Fizik Arione saddle to shreds! Just one of those days I guess...

That really sucks! I have never understood the mentality behind vandalism. At least it wasn't stolen or beyond repair.

OUCH, the Arione in shreds, can't imagine. :eek:
I think it can be sent back to Fizik to get a new cover, yes?

Sorry to hear that my friend, you must feel so outraged ... really sorry

Taking the bar ends & not the seat shows how stupid they really were.

Heal up fast at least as long as it takes to get the seat replaced.

wyllisx2 said:
Taking the bar ends & not the seat shows how stupid they really were.

Heal up fast at least as long as it takes to get the seat replaced.
Ummm....I must have forgot to mention that....they took the seat too. But luckily it was a crappy old thing on a suspension seatpost which I had been meaning to get rid of. Oh yes, and they took the front quick release skewer (not the back), which supports your statement that they are stupid.

As for the saddle, I will probably not get it fixed because although it is a complete mess, it still works and the cover isn't actually falling off or anything....although if I take legal action against my millionaire landlords who own the road I was on but are too cheap to fill the potholes in, maybe I will be in a position to get another one.

Oh yeah, the best bit....while I was lying in a crunched-up heap with my bike on top of me, several people drove straight past without even slowing down. Obviously not cyclists!

Militant ex-girlfriend-of-biker see's bike and in a fit of rage takes out years of agression. whahahahahah.

Juzzy said:
Militant ex-girlfriend-of-biker see's bike and in a fit of rage takes out years of agression. whahahahahah.
Well then I will be very nice to my girlfriend, so that I am not responsible for creating another militant ex-girlfriend-of-biker monster :)