doing good

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anglea Woollcom, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night i had a turkey sandwich and
    a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts. its been almost a week now

    angie

    Tags:

  2. great work, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night i had a turkey sandwich
    > and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    its
    > been almost a week now
    >
    > angie

  3. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night i had a turkey sandwich
    > and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts. its been almost a week now

    Well done! It mustn't be any fun working with temptation all the time. I'm glad I don't work in a
    snickers factory:)

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  4. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    > I'm glad I don't work in a snickers factory:)
    >
    > Ray

    I used to live and go to school within a few miles of the Mars factory in Slough. If the wind was
    blowing in the right dorection we could smell the factory at school. Sitting in double geography
    with the smell of marathons (as snickers were called at the time) was unbearable. I'm just glad I
    don't live there anymore!

    Jane

  5. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Anglea Woollcombe wrote:

    > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night i had a turkey sandwich
    > and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts. its been almost a week now
    >
    > angie

    Does this mean you have beaten the addiction? Well done!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  6. You're doing well resisting temptation.

    Prairie Roots On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night i had a turkey sandwich
    > and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts. its been almost a week now
    >
    >angie

  7. it's not easy trust me. last night i brought some fruit with me. and i picled up some sugar free
    chaocalate bars that are low carb and 3 points a bar for when i craved donuts. and it worked. i even
    made a slad last night instead of having a snadwich. which was about 4 points maybe 5. i drank two
    bottles of water a can of diet coke an apple juice and also had two raisin bran muffins. Still no
    donuts. wil try and not eat anything other then what i bring tonight and maybe a salad. i bout a
    digital scale on fri and will weigh in on thurs morning to see how i have done. i missed weigh in
    this week because i didn't have my new one on time. thanks for the support guys you don't know how
    much that it means to me you guys are the best. reading all ur posts are inspiring. and very helpful
    lots of good info and advice. keep up the amazing and awesome work you all are doing .

    angie "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night
    > >had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    its
    > >been almost a week now
    >
    > Well done! It mustn't be any fun working with temptation all the time. I'm glad I don't work in a
    > snickers factory:)
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  8. i am hoping that it does mean that. i'm not about to ruin it. I don't want to mess things up.
    tonight when i go to work i will try and not have any muffins. if i can cut out donuts i can cut out
    the muffins to. angie

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > Anglea Woollcombe wrote:
    > >
    > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last
    night i
    > > had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    its
    > > been almost a week now
    > >
    > > angie
    >
    > Does this mean you have beaten the addiction? Well done!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  9. if you worked with it all the time it would not affect you, especially if
    you know what they do to make it, just trust me on this, I never buy "fund
    raising" candy that isn't a recognizable thing like mms or the like, Lee,
    who has been around candy for the past 15 years and can only attribute a
    very small bit of weight to that kind of food
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night
    > >had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    its
    > >been almost a week now
    >
    > Well done! It mustn't be any fun working with temptation all the time. I'm glad I don't work in a
    > snickers factory:)
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  10. excellent, even more progress, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > it's not easy trust me. last night i brought some fruit with me. and i picled up some sugar free
    > chaocalate bars that are low carb and 3 points a bar for when i craved donuts. and it worked. i
    > even made a slad last
    night
    > instead of having a snadwich. which was about 4 points maybe 5. i drank two bottles of water a can
    > of diet coke an apple juice and also had two raisin bran muffins. Still no donuts. wil try and not
    > eat anything other then what i bring tonight and maybe a salad. i bout a digital scale
    on
    > fri and will weigh in on thurs morning to see how i have done. i missed weigh in this week because
    > i didn't have my new one on time. thanks for the support guys you don't know how much that it
    > means to me you guys are the best. reading all ur posts are inspiring. and very helpful lots of
    > good info and advice. keep up the amazing and awesome work you all are doing .
    >
    > angie "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last
    night
    > > >had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    > its
    > > >been almost a week now
    > >
    > > Well done! It mustn't be any fun working with temptation all the time. I'm glad I don't work in
    > > a snickers factory:)
    > >
    > > Ray
    > > --
    > > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  11. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Anglea Woollcombe wrote:

    > i am hoping that it does mean that. i'm not about to ruin it. I don't want to mess things up.
    > tonight when i go to work i will try and not have any muffins. if i can cut out donuts i can cut
    > out the muffins to. angie

    Listen, love, if *I* can cut out chocolate cookies, you can eschew the muffins! Way to go! :D

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  12. Laura

    Laura Guest

    You sound like are on the right track. Good job on bringing fruit with you to work. Don't forget
    some zero point veggies to snack on like carrot and celery sticks.

    Just be careful that you don't substitute a muffin addiction for the donut one. They can be just as
    high in points. And watch the apple juice and other sweets. They can be just as addictive.

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > it's not easy trust me. last night i brought some fruit with me. and i picled up some sugar free
    > chaocalate bars that are low carb and 3 points a bar for when i craved donuts. and it worked. i
    > even made a slad last
    night
    > instead of having a snadwich. which was about 4 points maybe 5. i drank two bottles of water a can
    > of diet coke an apple juice and also had two raisin bran muffins. Still no donuts. wil try and not
    > eat anything other then what i bring tonight and maybe a salad. i bout a digital scale
    on
    > fri and will weigh in on thurs morning to see how i have done. i missed weigh in this week because
    > i didn't have my new one on time. thanks for the support guys you don't know how much that it
    > means to me you guys are the best. reading all ur posts are inspiring. and very helpful lots of
    > good info and advice. keep up the amazing and awesome work you all are doing .
    >
    > angie "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last
    night
    > > >had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    > its
    > > >been almost a week now
    > >
    > > Well done! It mustn't be any fun working with temptation all the time. I'm glad I don't work in
    > > a snickers factory:)
    > >
    > > Ray
    > > --
    > > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  13. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Anglea Woollcombe wrote:
    > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last night i had a turkey sandwich
    > and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts. its been almost a week now
    >
    > angie

    WTG Angie!! A week without donuts!! Wow, that's something for someone who works at Timmies!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205/155 RAFL 210.5/205/198.5

  14. Krys

    Krys Guest

    oooh - hubby had a snickers the other day, in the airport on the way to
    Amsterdam. I allowed myself a little bit...........bl**dy hell, it was
    luverly! *grin* I've not tasted one of them since b4 all this - nigh on 3
    years :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    winn.server.ntli.net...

    > > I'm glad I don't work in a snickers factory:)
    > >
    > > Ray
    >
    > I used to live and go to school within a few miles of the Mars factory in Slough. If the wind was
    > blowing in the right dorection we could smell the factory at school. Sitting in double geography
    > with the smell of marathons (as snickers were called at the time) was unbearable. I'm just glad I
    don't
    > live there anymore!
    >
    > Jane

  15. okay so tonight when i go to work i am going to try and not have any muffins
    tonight. wish me luck. i thought that eating the whole wheat carrot ones or
    the rasinin bran but they are way to high in points. so i will not have any
    of them. 'm bringing fruit again. and another one of my sugar free chocalate
    bars with me for when i get tempted . well gotta go wish me luck
    angie
    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i am hoping that it does mean that. i'm not about to ruin it. I don't want to mess things up.
    > tonight when i go to work i will try and not have any muffins. if i can cut out donuts i can cut
    > out the muffins to. angie
    >
    > "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > online.co.uk...
    > > Anglea Woollcombe wrote:
    > > >
    > > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last
    > night i
    > > > had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no
    donuts.
    > its
    > > > been almost a week now
    > > >
    > > > angie
    > >
    > > Does this mean you have beaten the addiction? Well done!
    > > --

    > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
    > > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  16. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:43:26 -0000, "Just Me"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I'm glad I don't work in a snickers factory:)
    >>
    >> Ray
    >
    >I used to live and go to school within a few miles of the Mars factory in Slough.

    My last high school was right up the hill from a brewery. It was enough to put me off beer
    for ever ;-)
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  17. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Aren't muffins about as fattening as doughnuts.
    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > it's not easy trust me. last night i brought some fruit with me. and i picled up some sugar free
    > chaocalate bars that are low carb and 3 points a bar for when i craved donuts. and it worked. i
    > even made a slad last
    night
    > instead of having a snadwich. which was about 4 points maybe 5. i drank two bottles of water a can
    > of diet coke an apple juice and also had two raisin bran muffins. Still no donuts. wil try and not
    > eat anything other then what i bring tonight and maybe a salad. i bout a digital scale
    on
    > fri and will weigh in on thurs morning to see how i have done. i missed weigh in this week because
    > i didn't have my new one on time. thanks for the support guys you don't know how much that it
    > means to me you guys are the best. reading all ur posts are inspiring. and very helpful lots of
    > good info and advice. keep up the amazing and awesome work you all are doing .
    >
    > angie "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:45:58 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > have been doing good with cutting back on the eating at work. last
    night
    > > >had a turkey sandwich and a whole wheat carrot muffin. still no donuts.
    > its
    > > >been almost a week now
    > >
    > > Well done! It mustn't be any fun working with temptation all the time. I'm glad I don't work in
    > > a snickers factory:)
    > >
    > > Ray
    > > --
    > > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  18. I have faith you can do it, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > okay so tonight when i go to work i am going to try and not have any
    muffins
    > tonight. wish me luck. i thought that eating the whole wheat carrot ones
    or
    > the rasinin bran but they are way to high in points. so i will not have
    any
    > of them. 'm bringing fruit again. and another one of my sugar free
    chocalate
    > bars with me for when i get tempted . well gotta go wish me luck angie "Anglea Woollcombe"
    > > i am hoping that it does mean that. i'm not about to ruin it. I don't
    want
    > > to mess things up. tonight when i go to work i will try and not have any muffins. if i can cut
    > > out donuts i can cut out the muffins to. angie
    > >
    > > "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > online.co.uk...

    > > night i
    > donuts.
    > > its

    > > > Does this mean you have beaten the addiction? Well done!
    > > > --

    > > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
    > > > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  19. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I had a couple of little ones at Halloween. I froze the rest for ski/hiking trips but I guess I
    forget about them.

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:40:26 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >oooh - hubby had a snickers the other day, in the airport on the way to Amsterdam. I allowed myself
    >a little bit...........bl**dy hell, it was luverly! *grin* I've not tasted one of them since b4 all
    >this - nigh on 3 years :)

  20. Zaz

    Zaz Guest

    Food chain store muffins, I would tend to say yes. That's why I now make my own. They not only taste
    better, but I can get a really filling one (banana, nuts and chocolate chips, oh yeah) for only 4
    points, instead of 12-13 points at Dunkin Donuts.