Dolan and the Mora Public Library

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jack Maars, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Jack Maars

    Jack Maars Guest

    Seems like our Mr. Dolan was walked out of the library at 200 Maple Ave. W.
    Mora, MN last month for downloading " inappropriate material ".

    I will not go into any details about what it was, but he has lost all
    library privileges.

    Tags:

  2. NYC XYZ

    NYC XYZ Guest

    Jack Maars wrote:
    > Seems like our Mr. Dolan was walked out of the library at 200 Maple Ave. W.
    > Mora, MN last month for downloading " inappropriate material ".
    >
    > I will not go into any details about what it was, but he has lost all
    > library privileges.

    I hope he was checking out the hot bitches on eightstreetlatinas.com.
    Not worth losing library privileges otherwise. But doesn't he have a
    neighbor with a WiFi connection for that?

    Anyone still go to the library? It used to be one of my favorite
    hobbies, visiting all the different neighborhood libraries in NYC (we
    have like, what fifty City-wide), where many have somewhat
    "specialized" collections to reflect their surrounding communities (you
    know -- black stuff for blacks, spanish stuff for hispanics, etc.), but
    I find that they tend to be too full of crap, and are much less
    interesting than a goddamned bookstore! Especially in this age of the
    internet...often more interesting browsing amazon.com! Too bad. The
    library used to be one of my most favorite places of all. But the only
    things they seem to keep current with anymore is gay shit, black and
    hispanic crap, and the usual pulp fiction garbage.

  3. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Jack Maars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:wug%[email protected]
    > Seems like our Mr. Dolan was walked out of the library at 200 Maple Ave.
    > W.
    > Mora, MN last month for downloading " inappropriate material ".
    >
    > I will not go into any details about what it was, but he has lost all
    > library privileges.

    The Great Ed Dolan, aka Saint Edward the Great, now only graces the Nobles
    County Library with his noble presence. There are damn few Dolans here in
    Western Minnesota. The Germans are thick as flies, but we Irish are few and
    far between.

    However, as a former college librarian myself, I would be interested to know
    how anyone in this day and age could possibly be charged with downloading
    inappropriate materials. From my brief experience of the Internet, it seems
    like anything goes.

    I am of course one of the greatest Saints ever to trod this earth. My
    Holiness is legendary and as all the world knows there are no Greater Saints
    than us Irish Saints. We are part and parcel of the Godhead and it would
    behoove you not to cross us as we are in position to damn you to everlasting
    hellfire. Yea, to cross Saint Edward the Great is to jeopardize your eternal
    soul.

    Others have advised me that they now see a halo about my sacred head. This
    does not surprise me as I have known from my earliest youth that I was
    destined to be a Great Saint, if not a God. To tell you the truth, when I
    look around me and see how sinful the world has become, I realize that I
    have now transcended to another world altogether. I am now at one with the
    eternal Gods on Mt. Olympus and I look down at humanity with disdain and
    contempt.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  4. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > Anyone still go to the library? It used to be one of my favorite
    > hobbies, visiting all the different neighborhood libraries in NYC (we
    > have like, what fifty City-wide), where many have somewhat
    > "specialized" collections to reflect their surrounding communities (you
    > know -- black stuff for blacks, spanish stuff for hispanics, etc.), but
    > I find that they tend to be too full of crap, and are much less
    > interesting than a goddamned bookstore! Especially in this age of the
    > internet...often more interesting browsing amazon.com! Too bad. The
    > library used to be one of my most favorite places of all. But the only
    > things they seem to keep current with anymore is gay shit, black and
    > hispanic crap, and the usual pulp fiction garbage.

    I believe the public library has indeed fallen on hard times because of the
    Internet. I simply can't imagine anyone going to the public library for any
    kind of research anymore if you have a computer with Internet access handy.

    However, I have always used the public library for recreational reading
    purposes. I think it is still good for that. But no one hardly reads
    anything anymore. Yes, we browse the Internet but that is not the same thing
    as reading a book or a long magazine article.

    The public library has played a great role in the history of the US. It was
    the poor man's way to acquire an education. Even small town libraries had an
    amazing assortment of books by which you could educate yourself. The public
    library was one of the glories of American democracy.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I bicycle toured to Johnson City Tn and stopped in their library to get my
    email. They had police walking up and down the aisles every five minutes
    looking at every single computer screen to make sure people didn't do
    something illegal? Just truly bone chilling , what we have become

    news:[email protected]