Dolan and the Mora Public Library

Jack Maars

Guest
Seems like our Mr. Dolan was walked out of the library at 200 Maple Ave. W.
Mora, MN last month for downloading " inappropriate material ".

I will not go into any details about what it was, but he has lost all
library privileges.

Jack Maars wrote:
> Seems like our Mr. Dolan was walked out of the library at 200 Maple Ave. W.
> Mora, MN last month for downloading " inappropriate material ".
>
> I will not go into any details about what it was, but he has lost all
> library privileges.

I hope he was checking out the hot *****es on eightstreetlatinas.com.
Not worth losing library privileges otherwise. But doesn't he have a
neighbor with a WiFi connection for that?

Anyone still go to the library? It used to be one of my favorite
hobbies, visiting all the different neighborhood libraries in NYC (we
have like, what fifty City-wide), where many have somewhat
"specialized" collections to reflect their surrounding communities (you
know -- black stuff for blacks, spanish stuff for hispanics, etc.), but
I find that they tend to be too full of ****, and are much less
interesting than a goddamned bookstore! Especially in this age of the
internet...often more interesting browsing amazon.com! Too bad. The
library used to be one of my most favorite places of all. But the only
things they seem to keep current with anymore is gay ****, black and
hispanic ****, and the usual pulp fiction garbage.

"Jack Maars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Seems like our Mr. Dolan was walked out of the library at 200 Maple Ave.
> W.
> Mora, MN last month for downloading " inappropriate material ".
>
> I will not go into any details about what it was, but he has lost all
> library privileges.

The Great Ed Dolan, aka Saint Edward the Great, now only graces the Nobles
County Library with his noble presence. There are damn few Dolans here in
Western Minnesota. The Germans are thick as flies, but we Irish are few and
far between.

However, as a former college librarian myself, I would be interested to know
how anyone in this day and age could possibly be charged with downloading
inappropriate materials. From my brief experience of the Internet, it seems
like anything goes.

I am of course one of the greatest Saints ever to trod this earth. My
Holiness is legendary and as all the world knows there are no Greater Saints
than us Irish Saints. We are part and parcel of the Godhead and it would
behoove you not to cross us as we are in position to damn you to everlasting
hellfire. Yea, to cross Saint Edward the Great is to jeopardize your eternal
soul.

Others have advised me that they now see a halo about my sacred head. This
does not surprise me as I have known from my earliest youth that I was
destined to be a Great Saint, if not a God. To tell you the truth, when I
look around me and see how sinful the world has become, I realize that I
have now transcended to another world altogether. I am now at one with the
eternal Gods on Mt. Olympus and I look down at humanity with disdain and
contempt.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> Anyone still go to the library? It used to be one of my favorite
> hobbies, visiting all the different neighborhood libraries in NYC (we
> have like, what fifty City-wide), where many have somewhat
> "specialized" collections to reflect their surrounding communities (you
> know -- black stuff for blacks, spanish stuff for hispanics, etc.), but
> I find that they tend to be too full of ****, and are much less
> interesting than a goddamned bookstore! Especially in this age of the
> internet...often more interesting browsing amazon.com! Too bad. The
> library used to be one of my most favorite places of all. But the only
> things they seem to keep current with anymore is gay ****, black and
> hispanic ****, and the usual pulp fiction garbage.

I believe the public library has indeed fallen on hard times because of the
Internet. I simply can't imagine anyone going to the public library for any
kind of research anymore if you have a computer with Internet access handy.

However, I have always used the public library for recreational reading
purposes. I think it is still good for that. But no one hardly reads
anything anymore. Yes, we browse the Internet but that is not the same thing
as reading a book or a long magazine article.

The public library has played a great role in the history of the US. It was
the poor man's way to acquire an education. Even small town libraries had an
amazing assortment of books by which you could educate yourself. The public
library was one of the glories of American democracy.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I bicycle toured to Johnson City Tn and stopped in their library to get my
email. They had police walking up and down the aisles every five minutes
looking at every single computer screen to make sure people didn't do
something illegal? Just truly bone chilling , what we have become

news:[email protected]...