Domestic violence

Regalia

Jan 8, 2016
U.S.A
Why the hell do people feel the need to connect their fists to another person? Can't we just get along? Is it an animal thing because I think we were meant to be better than them. I hate when people argue over pointless possessions. Girls who cheat aren't worth fighting over! Girls, don't pull hair; talk it out. You'll find it more satisfying that way. Anyone disagree?

Violence sadly is a part of who we are, we are aggressive people, but we should try to control ourselves and stop it. Like you say, we should talk and get along, enough aggression.

We naturally don't like being defeated, that is why we usually resolve to fighting. Others also don't want to engage their friends or family members to solve problems together. Instead of fighting we should sit down and talk. That is the only way we can know what was the cause.

Some people just have a very difficult time dealing with their emotions.
They let them control them.
You have to have control over you emotions.
Some people talk to me like they are The Hulk or something.
Oh if this person does that then I am going to get so mad and bad things will happen so don't make me mad. Or you have not seen me when I am upset or whatever you don't want to see that but you eventually will because people **** me off ect ect.
No, your not The Hulk. How about you get a hold of yourself and learn to deal with your emotions instead of acting like you are a powder keg and it's other people fault you blew up?
I remember one pothead hippy guy I used to work with would always push peoples buttons on purpose and try to get them all hot. He would always say he was doing the workplace a service getting them to blow up now on him instead of later on someone else.was HILARIOUS to work with oh man. Once he knew I was level headed he started bringing me "samples" of his private collection :)

We naturally don't like being defeated, that is why we usually resolve to fighting. Others also don't want to engage their friends or family members to solve problems together. Instead of fighting we should sit down and talk. That is the only way we can know what was the cause.

The issue is that fighting doesn't solve anything. If we are in a point where our relation is resorting to violence we should simply leave and look for a better life.

I agree fighting doesn't solve anything. I think some people just don't know how to handle their emotions but I'm strongly against violence. I wish it was something that would get better but in our society I just see this progressing even worse which is really sad.

The fact is that society has to help too. When facing domestic violence the police has to act or else the person making the complaint will be in serious trouble when coming back home.

Domestic violence starts in childhood. It is a generational curse. Witnessing violence and feeling unloved as a child leads to problems in adulthood. We need to be good examples to our children and love them for who they are. Then they will be secure enough in their worth as adults to identify possible abusers and have the boundaries to protect themselves.

I live in a state that has so much over reaching victim protection that all it takes is a false accusation and a person can be jailed. Most misdemeanor cases never go to trial, people end up pleading out even if they are not guilty. They can't rent housing in most places or even get a job at many companies for several years just for being charged. They don't have to be convicted.

If someone makes a domestic violence accusation against you in my state, they come and take your guns without a warrant. GL trying to get them back even if innocent.

The issue with domestic violence is that it's something extremely hard to prove. So, taking the guns can be a preventive measure, if it's fair I don't know.

Domestic violence is such a horrible thing all around. So many have abused the system by falsely accusing others. Lives are permanently damaged by this! In some cases the authorities are slow to believe that domestic abuse is actually occurring when it really is since so many lie about it. It is rarely witnessed by those outside the situation, so it is hard to prove. I still think we each have a responsibility to teach children that it is wrong to abuse others and also how important honesty is.

Reactions: Jcycle
It's common sense that it's wrong to abuse others, just people who are out of their minds do it. Sadly we have more and more of those these days.

Domestic violence is a cause of concern in my country. Women are often subjected to domestic violence and most of the cases go unreported. Very few women gather the courage to walk out of an abusive relationship or marriage as divorce is still considered a stigma in my country.

You learn how to treat your partner by watching how your parents treated each other while you were growing up. If they were abusive toward each other, children learn that and carry it over into their own relationships as adults. It's as simple as that. We have a responsibility to show our youth how to be grown up and mature, and that includes how we deal with our anger issues. Hitting and foul language, verbal and emotional abuse don't help anyone, not even the abuser. Those things can only hurt and escalate into more bad situations. Dealing with our anger calmly and peacefully is the harder thing to do but in the long run, it's worth it as it breaks the cycle of hate and abuse.

But fists are very eloquent talkers! Come on, is difficult to get along with everybody, some people only understand after eating a good sandwich of fists.

No seriously, I don't endorse violence nor I fist fight with the people I dislike. But sometimes I quite feel like some blokes just deserve it.

So, sharkantrope, you don't think that one day they will get their just desserts? What goes comes around without human intervention. I think everyone should believe in it. If we all did, maybe there would be less crime and disturbances.

No one should have to live with domestic violence, not in this day and age. What goes around comes around, karma.

Well I think that's how their parents raise them. Their parents I think is not responsible enough and don't have the capabilities to have a kids. They're violent from the very start and they kids was witness from that violence.

People should never resort to violence, sadly, there are some who fail to realize this due to their upbringing, environmental situation, influences, and various factors which lead to them being more susceptible to being violent.