Donations to MUC

harper

Guest
I have looked through Tommy Thompson's 'Memphis Unicycling Club'
(http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com/ie/main.shtml) site but have been
unable to find a place to make a cash donation directly. MUC will be
hosting NAUCC 2006 and will probably need some extra funds. Could
someone point me to the donation link or could Tommy please provide one
and post it here? Thanks, and thanks for hosting NAUCC 2006.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

I wasn’t ignoring you, Greg. I was trying to communicate with others as
to what is the best way to handle donations for the NAUCC. I am so
excited to know that others are as committed to the success of this
year's NAUCC as we are here in Memphis.

The Memphis Unicycle Club will gladly accept any donations and ear-mark
any monies donated toward the presentation of the NAUCC. However, the
Memphis Unicycle Club does not have non-profit status and donations to
the MUC can not be deducted from income taxes. However, the Unicycling
Society of America is a non-profit.

If the IRS tax deduction is not a driving force, I encourage those
interested in making a donation to donate directly to the MUC and
making the check / money order payable to: MUC – NAUCC 2006. If the
IRS deduction is important then I suggest making a donation to the USA
and indicating that the donation be directed to the presentation of the
NAUCC 2006.

Mailing addresses are:

Memphis Unicycle Club
1616 Eastmoreland
Memphis Tennessee 38104

Unicycling Society of America, Inc.
P.O. Box 790
North Bend, WA 98045
United States of America

Any financial help will be greatly appreciated and noted in programs
and brochures at the NAUCC.

Thanks for bringing this up, Greg!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar

Tommy Thompson
-NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
[email protected]
Memphis Unicycle Club
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I was thinking after my post that I
should have noted a disclaimer. I know nothing about taxes or tax
deductions. As they say at the end of all of those financial ads, seek
professional advice from a trusted advisor.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar

Tommy Thompson
-NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
[email protected]
Memphis Unicycle Club

tadaniels wrote:
> Tommy,
>
> To my knowledge, donations to the Unicycling Society of Ameria, Inc.
> aren't currently tax deductible, either. The organization did not have
> the required 501(c)(3) status from the IRS when I was President.
>

> Tom

This was discussed at length at NAUCC 2005 and Tom is correct. This is
something that is in the works though, how far or if it has been
started is unclear. 501(c)(3) status would be great to offset rising
costs of opperating USA. I would love to make donations as oppossed to
paying higher dues. I'm going to donate to something, so why not to an
organization that supports us?

--
bugman

It's tough for an atheist when he feels grateful and has noone to thank.

Any way to get an easy PayPal donation set up? It sure makes things
smoother and spontaneous. I would think this would be desirable for
you. I know how much you adhere to the American ideal of instant
gratification through financial over-extension. Just a thought. People
respond to easy.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

There is a PayPal account that has been set up to allow folks to easily
purchase the t-shirts, hats and bumper stickers that we use to support
our grassroots, youth and community development program.

To make a PayPal donation to the MUC simply send any donation to:
[email protected]

Of course, any donation can be ear-marked for a special use within our
club, presentation of the NAUCC or toward one of our many community
out-reach projects involving kids and unicycles.

Greg, thanks you for bringing this idea of supporting our club to our
uni-community's attention. To read our vision-mission statement please
visit the MUC's website at: www.memphisunicycleclub.com.

Warmly,
Tommy

--
Tmornstar

Tommy Thompson
-NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
[email protected]
Memphis Unicycle Club
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Good. The PayPal plan is convenient for most. Thanks for hosting this
big event. If I make it I want to judge over 50 year old trials so I
can kick your sissy tush even if I have to shave points from you.

Donate to these folks. They need money and they need your time as a
volunteer.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Definitely a good cause! Thanks Greg for taking an initiative and
bringing it to everyone's attention.

From my perspective, MUC has a huge start on what will be the best
NAUCC ever. Lots of MUni, lots of freestyle, lots of racing, lots of
hanging out with unicyclists that share your same interests! If you
live in North America, you just can't miss this event. I hope to see
you all there.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Hey Greg,

Bring it on in the trials department! You and Steve were my
inspiration at NAUCC 2003! Since then I’ve been watching you from
afar, noting every post and picture posted, emulating your pedal grab
(Remember your post two years ago from your trip to the playground in
East Tennessee?). Quietly, I’ve been training for this opportunity
avenge the feeling of watching you ride and play on the trials course
on that beautiful Minneapolis afternoon – while I watched, too
freaked-out to even try to ride my, then state of the art, brand new
Summit.

Are we going to resurrect our Team Geezer for basketball? My
basketball skills have not improved – at all. I’m afraid that I’m
still going to be the weak link on team.

How about a Team Geezer hockey team? I’m going to be building a hockey
arena just for the NAUCC. I’m even worse at hockey.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar

Tommy Thompson
-NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
[email protected]
Memphis Unicycle Club
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
1902, I can't remember the last time we even lost a game...or
practiced. Who else is on that team? I can't remember.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Donating time or cash to MUC for NAUCC 2006 will be helpful to the club
and to Tommy. Tommy has put alot of energy into forming this club and
keeping it funded. Let's help him put on a great nationals this year.
And you can visit Graceland, a special shrine in so many ways. I wonder
if you can sit on the throne.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Not just Graceland. You can visit Sun Studios, or for the in-depth
music afficianado, there's the STAX museum. Very nice.

Rules for unicyclists visiting Memphis:

No rail grinds on the fence around Elvis's grave. (The man is buried
in his back yard like a pet hamster, y'all.) It makes the Reverent
Souls gathered there become violent.

Only the ducks are allowed to play in the big fountain in the Peabody
Hotel Lobby. No Trials inside the Peabody.

The huge and bewildering 'mountain' sculpture in Mid-America mall? You
can ride on that, but only if you don't get seen by authority figures.
Even then, it's okay sometimes. Ask the skateboarders where it is,
they'll show you.

Mid-America Mall has no motor traffic. Perfect for unicycling and
stuff. The Trolleys, however, can sneak up on you. Don't turn your
back on them. The drivers must get awfully bored going in circles, and
unicycles must be very tempting.

Mud Island (As seen in the Tom Cruise film 'The Firm') is not a made-up
place. It's real, and it's neat to uni on the scale model of the
Mississippi river ("Look, I can jump from Mississippi to Louisiana!
Bam!") Don't make fun of the name. We already know it's a goofy
name.

The 'Dancing Water' fountain on Main Street. Wonderful way to clear the
sinuses. Ride on in. Take your cell phone out of your pocket first.

Everyone from the Smokeys or the Rockies... Don't pooh-pooh our
mountain bike trails. We're in a mighty river delta here, and that's
the best we got. They're fun, you just gotta work what's there.

And finally, three big cheers to Tommy Thompson. He's working his #@$
off for all of us to enjoy this NAUCC. Good man. You'll see what he's
done when you get here, but some of us see what he's going through to
get it ready for you.

--
dogzilla

Dogzilla, Ex-Kayote.

Pretty unicycle drawrings on shirts and things:
http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
dogzilla's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11191

This is going to be fun for everybody - but especially for me!

I can't wait to see all my uni-buddies here and reunite team Geezer. I
look forward to the rematch with the Puerto Ricans in basketball. If I
remember correctly, the Puerto Rican basketball team played with us
like the Harlem Globetrotters abused "team X." We Geezers shall be
redeemed!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar

Tommy Thompson
-NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
[email protected]
Memphis Unicycle Club

Tmornstar wrote:
> This is going to be fun for everybody - but especially for me!
>
> I can't wait to see all my uni-buddies here and reunite team Geezer. I
> look forward to the rematch with the Puerto Ricans in basketball. If I
> remember correctly, the Puerto Rican basketball team played with us
> like the Harlem Globetrotters abused "team X." We Geezers shall be
> redeemed!
>
> Tommy

Who is Team Geezer? What does this mean? It's all very confusing.

All those interested can now make donations to MUC easily through
PayPal. They will also be interested in your time that you are willing
to donate during the meet. If there is something you would like to do
to help organize, let them know as soon as possible. Your time is
perhaps worth more than money for an event such as this.

Unicyclers are the best at pulling stuff like this off. Shine, unicycle
community.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

The planning committees are busily putting the pieces of this
world-class event together. We had a meeting recently that gave us
many new ideas. This thing is going to be huge and hugely fun! I lie
awake dreaming of the hockey rink that I’m going to be building just
for this event.

See you in Memphis!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar

Tommy Thompson
-NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
[email protected]
Memphis Unicycle Club

Tmornstar wrote:
> I can't wait to see all my uni-buddies here and reunite team Geezer.

We need some Teem Geezer T-Shirts! I'm several more years geezered than
last time.

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404