Donovan's Cold Weather Tips Debunked

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Lanceandrew, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Lanceandrew

    Lanceandrew Guest

    Tags:

  2. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    [email protected] (Lanceandrew) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Came across a higher authority on proper cold weather clothing....seems to debunk
    > Donovan's wisdom.

    I don't think so. Here's a quote from the article:

    "The average person can't jog dressed the way Chi Ping does. Wai, who is a doctor, explains that by
    exercising over many years her dad has built up a thin layer of brown fat which acts as insulation.
    (Brown fat is what newborn babies, who do not have much white fat, break down to make body heat."

    -Phil

  3. Lanceandrew

    Lanceandrew Guest

    I don't think so. -Phil
    ----

    good grief phil my good man. it's a joke...humor...injecting some on topic humor into the
    ng....donovan knows that as do most others. must i put the damn smiley face at the end for you
    to get it?

  4. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    [email protected] (Lanceandrew) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I don't think so. -Phil
    > ----
    >
    > good grief phil my good man. it's a joke...humor...injecting some on topic humor into the
    > ng....donovan knows that as do most others. must i put the damn smiley face at the end for you
    > to get it?

    What happened to your humour? Sorry to have spoiled your joke. :-(

    -Phil

  5. Debunking a jogger's wisdom doesn't seem to be that tough of a job. I've been doing it for a few
    years now.

  6. [email protected] (Miss Anne Thrope) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Debunking a jogger's wisdom doesn't seem to be that tough of a job. I've been doing it for a few
    > years now.

    Really? Where? I'll have to go subscribe to that newsgroup instead of this one.