Don't alienate Motorists

Nev

Dec 11, 2002
Hi All
We must be very careful not to alienate motorists further by disrupting traffic. Not all motorists are inconsiderate while at the same time some cyclists DO give cause for concern with their irresponsible riding.
This protest action must aim at drunken driving and awareness of cycling. Please don't shoot our cycling cause in the foot by annoying motorists who have previously been courteous and careful. I suggest the ride be done strictly in single file.
Cheers - Neville Young
083 303 2840 [email protected]

Originally posted by Nev
Please don't shoot our cycling cause in the foot by annoying motorists who have previously been courteous and careful.

That happens over here with every critical mass ride, IMO they do more harm than good!

cheers

I agree with you Neville, posted on another thread earlier this year about how a certain training group p#&*es me off. The problem though is that not enough is being done to help and ensure the safety of the cyclists. We just want to get from point A to B (for whatever reason) and too many ends up in hospital or in the morgue. Something needs to be done!
I also hope that the guys are not going to cause kak on Saturday, that is not the reason I'm going to join them but I also want to do something to try and get attention to the problem that exists.

Spot on, Nev. The problem isn't one of just moron motorists. There's enough moron cyclists who ride two or more abreast on narrow roads, showing no consideration for motorists.

Respect on the road works two ways, and despite it being so easy to point fingers and blame all f#$k-w!t motorists, its time some cyclists took a look at themselves.

nick.

The non-cycling community will judge cyclists by the way they conduct themselves during critical mass on Saturday. If it gets out of hand or turns nasty, expect no sympathy from the motorists next time around.
Let's keep courteous and careful motorists on our side, and turn those that are not.