don't buy exxon or mobil gas

limerickman said:
Confused - I can see why.
Whether your earnings outstrip your expenditure or not is immaterial.

You stated that because oil shares prices were increasing, you were on to a winner.
But you haven't factored in the inevitable correspondent increase in expenditure due to the oil price increase (the oil price increase that is fuelling your share value increase).

It's very simple really : any gains you make on your shares, will be negated by the higher prices paid for anything to do with oil.
At best, you're no better off.
Forgeddaboudit Lim. Looks like another who won't let the facts stand in the way of his delusions. :confused: :rolleyes:

Wurm said:
Forgeddaboudit Lim. Looks like another who won't let the facts stand in the way of his delusions. :confused: :rolleyes:
He drives a fibreglass car...says it all,really,doesn't it?
:rolleyes:

seems to be more vehicles out there than ever before. a lot of people just buy a pickup (little man big truck syndrome) or a 4 by 4 for status. around here ya need 4 wheel drive maybe 2 days a year. but seems to be a lot of them. those are the 2 days i fone in sick it is cheaper. we seem to have bigger better fasteritis. our vehicle purchases are based on filling our ego.
i have no love for the oil companys but the law of supply and demand regulate price. the oil companies are involved in free enterprise. if we will pay they will gouge it. looks like they are doing it.
me i am going to ride my bike more. that will show them!

my accounts say you're wrong.

but, don't let let facts stop you from your opinion.

c'mon over. i've got harley-davidsons enough for you to have your pick. we'll go burn off a few gallons and i'll show you around the states.

if this is "deluding" myself, i certainly am enjoying the remuneration.

CAMPYBOB said:

my accounts say you're wrong.

but, don't let let facts stop you from your opinion.

c'mon over. i've got harley-davidsons enough for you to have your pick. we'll go burn off a few gallons and i'll show you around the states.

if this is "deluding" myself, i certainly am enjoying the remuneration.

You are no better off.

Appreciation in the value of shares is offset, by the appreciable increase cost in expenditure due to the oil price rise.

And I won't be taking up your offer BTW : if I need to see anymore of the USA, I can do so myself.

thank you for believing i'm "no better off" and i hope you continue to buy bp petroleum products.

my portfolio thanks you, also.

Looks like another who won't let the facts stand in the way of his delusions.

there's only one fact that matters. net worth.

mine's appreciating. how's your's doing?

CAMPYBOB said:
thank you for believing i'm "no better off" and i hope you continue to buy bp petroleum products.

my portfolio thanks you, also.

Looks like another who won't let the facts stand in the way of his delusions.

there's only one fact that matters. net worth.

mine's appreciating. how's your's doing?

It's not that I believe that you're no better off.
I know that you're not better off.

Oil price share values have not appreciated to the same extent as the commodity price of oil.
If share prices had appreciated to the same extent of the increase in the commodity price of oil - then your claim may have so plausibility.

You and I both know that oil share prices haven't increased to the same extent.

certainly, you must be intelligent enough to compute a ratio calculation?

it's a shares held v. comsumption ratio.

i thank you for your concern, but i assure you that despite my lust for powerful engines and travel...i'm doing quite well in the market. and when the markets close i'm often smiling...or grinning.

perhaps a course in economics (or algebra, if you are so inclined) might allow you to raise your station a bit. it's not all sew-ups and perspiration laddy.

hold to your beliefs as you will. i'm making bank and having fun training in the warm sunshine.

CAMPYBOB said:
certainly, you must be intelligent enough to compute a ratio calculation?

it's a shares held v. comsumption ratio.

i thank you for your concern, but i assure you that despite my lust for powerful engines and travel...i'm doing quite well in the market. and when the markets close i'm often smiling...or grinning.

perhaps a course in economics (or algebra, if you are so inclined) might allow you to raise your station a bit. it's not all sew-ups and perspiration laddy.

hold to your beliefs as you will. i'm making bank and having fun training in the warm sunshine.

Shares held in proportion to the consumption rate, misses the salient point laddy.

You claim to be in the market.
I doubt your claim. For someone who claims to know about net worth, I think you're a chancer.

Anyone who claims that oil share prices have appreciated at a greater rate than the commodity oil price, is talking nonsense quite frankly.

The other point that you miss is the mix of oil with regard to goods/services.

The basket of product/services that is derived oil , and from the movement in the oil commodity price, is so wide that any increase in the oil commodity price feeds through to 99.9% of all goods and services (unless of course you don't consume any goods or services, the increase in the oil price commodity price will have little or no effect).

To account for that upward movement in the commodity price of oil - the selling price of the good/service is driven upward in proportion to the commodity price increase.
And who ultimately pays for that absorption ?
You and I when we buy any product/service.

So unless you can show me a share price (s) that has increased at a greater than the commodity price of oil, and until you can show me that you don't consume any products/services derived from oil, your claim beggars belief.

as i said earlier, you hold to your beliefs. there's none so blind as those that will not see.

and do continue to purchase bp petroleum products. we thank you for your continued patronage.

edit:

how rude of me...i forgot to invite you to my annual party. www.bulletfest.com.

every year (twice a year for the past four years) i throw the nation's largest machinegun shoot. you are welcome to come spend two days blazing away hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition with us. although the machineguns use plenty of oil...we still manage to have fun.

do show up and i'll see to it that you have a great time. in the mean time, the video downloads on the site are awesome and yours to enjoy. they make great vids to ride the rollers to, if i do say so myself.

CAMPYBOB said:
there's none so blind as those that will not see.
Such as Repig supporters, like yourself?

Let's hope you gun-toting, trouser-wetting morons will have a few "****-less Cheney" moments and shoot several of yourselves.

CAMPYBOB said:
as i said earlier, you hold to your beliefs. there's none so blind as those that will not see.

and do continue to purchase bp petroleum products. we thank you for your continued patronage.

edit:

every year (twice a year for the past four years) i throw the nation's largest machinegun shoot. you are welcome to come spend two days blazing away hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition with us. although the machineguns use plenty of oil...we still manage to have fun.

do show up and i'll see to it that you have a great time. in the mean time, the video downloads on the site are awesome and yours to enjoy. they make great vids to ride the rollers to, if i do say so myself.

Thanks again for the invitation - but I have no interest in firing guns.

As regards British Petroleum, we all purchase their product either directly or indirectly.
None of us can avoid paying for the oil price increase - including you.

CAMPYBOB said:

edit:

The link's a fake and so is everything else this idiot has posted.

My comment to some previous post is... the prices have not had a lot of effect on me ,except my blood pressure. It is the lower income people that suffer the most.
As far as blame, Bush has done little if anything to help ,but we have been on a 25-35 year spiral to get here and it will probably take that long to get completely out of the dilema.

Lower income people are going to bear the brunt of the increase no doubt.

The price of the oil increase has to filter through the economy.
The effect of crude prices now will only really begin to materialise within 4-6 weeks from the date of the price increase.
All products/services prices that have an input from oil (manufacturing/services) will increase proportionate to the oil price
increase.

And given that worldwide demand for oil increases coming in to the summer - oil prices are likely to stay high.

CAMPYBOB said:

edit:

Your application for the currently vacant position of Village Idiot (temporary) has been confirmed.So far you have performed well in the position but you should be aware that the position is of a casual nature and you should not expect ongoing employment.
:D

Let's hope you gun-toting, trouser-wetting morons will have a few "****-less Cheney" moments and shoot several of yourselves.

so, with nothing to add to the discussion, you resort to name-calling? if it offends you that other folks enjoy earning money and having fun i do feel sorry for you.

more childish attempts at insults? i must say i'm not surprised. the link and event are very real. the event is in its' seventh year. there are several cat II racers on the firingline, enjoying two days of shooting fun.

CAMPYBOB said:

so, with nothing to add to the discussion, you resort to name-calling? if it offends you that other folks enjoy earning money and having fun i do feel sorry for you.

more childish attempts at insults? i must say i'm not surprised. the link and event are very real. the event is in its' seventh year. there are several cat II racers on the firingline, enjoying two days of shooting fun.
"Bad Request- Invalid Host Name."
:rolleyes: