Don't buy Hampsten bikes!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    buy

    Italy

    > > Almost as good as Daveys stuff, but you need to take some of Rondes meds

    for
    > > the desired effect!

    > I can't wait for the novelty of the word "meds" to wear off.

    What ever Ronde was taking, I sure in the hell would like to know what it
    was?

    > --
    > tanx,
    > Howard
    >
    > So far, so good, so what?
    >
    > remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  2. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    Not a great letter at all. It was conjecture with no substantiating
    evidence. That is the stuff that is giving cycling a bad name. Andy and
    Greg should put-up or Shut-UP but they are impotent and unable to produce
    anything but hot air. I have no idea if Lance, Jan and others are using
    drugs. Until I see concrete evidence I will assume they are clean. How do
    we know Greg and Andy did not use? I can understand why all the losers
    would like to think the winning competition was doing drugs. hell, they do
    need an excuse for failing so miserably.

    Ken

    > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Hampsten doesn't worship Lance! He said Lance is on drugs! Don't buy
    > > Hampstens or LeMonds whatever you do!
    > >
    > > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6660.0.html
    > >
    > > JT

    > Great letter!!! Hey, Jeff. How about asking Lance and Ferrari to comment
    > on it?

  3. Well stated!

  4. "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > > Almost as good as Daveys stuff, but you need to take some of Rondes

    meds
    > for
    > > > the desired effect!

    > > I can't wait for the novelty of the word "meds" to wear off.

    > What ever Ronde was taking, I sure in the hell would like to know what it
    > was?

    1-800-PET-MEDS

  5. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:56:16 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not a great letter at all. It was conjecture with no substantiating
    >evidence. That is the stuff that is giving cycling a bad name.

    As opposed to doped riders who rarely get caught until the police bust
    them? "But I never tested positive." Just shoot the messenger, huh?

    JT

  6. TM

    TM Guest

    > On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:56:16 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Not a great letter at all. It was conjecture with no substantiating
    > >evidence. That is the stuff that is giving cycling a bad name.

    > As opposed to doped riders who rarely get caught until the police bust
    > them? "But I never tested positive." Just shoot the messenger, huh?

    It is the ones that never wake up that bother me. They don't test positive
    either.

  7. gwhite

    gwhite Guest

    John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

    > Hampsten doesn't worship Lance! He said Lance is on drugs! Don't buy
    > Hampstens or LeMonds whatever you do!
    >
    > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6660.0.html

    "Greg, who remains unquestionably the father of the modern era of American cycling champions"

    Greg is Lance's dad? That explains everything. I stopped right there.

  8. gwhite wrote:

    > John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    >
    >>Hampsten doesn't worship Lance! He said Lance is on drugs! Don't buy
    >>Hampstens or LeMonds whatever you do!
    >>
    >>http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6660.0.html

    > "Greg, who remains unquestionably the father of the modern era of American cycling champions"
    >
    > Greg is Lance's dad? That explains everything. I stopped right there.

    "I am your father, Luke."

  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Robert Crim wrote:
    > And you are just stupid.

    No, he's developing an ALTER EGO.

  10. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Donald Munro" wrote...

    > No, he's developing an ALTER EGO.

    His evil twin.

  11. :Not a great letter at all. It was conjecture with no substantiating
    :evidence. That is the stuff that is giving cycling a bad name. Andy
    :and Greg should put-up or Shut-UP but they are impotent and unable to
    :produce anything but hot air. I have no idea if Lance, Jan and others
    :are using drugs. Until I see concrete evidence I will assume they are
    :clean.
    :How do we know Greg and Andy did not use? I can understand why all the
    :losers would like to think the winning competition was doing drugs.
    :hell, they do need an excuse for failing so miserably.

    No Cycling needs to clean up its sport! Look at Track and Field,
    they're getting rid of the trash left and right. I've been saying
    all long the Olympic doping Comittee should investigate and clean
    up up road stage cycling. I believe that Greg and Andy are examples
    of clean riders.
    Keep in mind, Lance was more than fair in giving up the Gold Medal
    for his sport, reasonable as its a sprint game in the end yet
    it should be considered suspect.
    And yes I'd look at a Hampsten bike.