Don't get ripped off by Derri-Air

Bubba

Guest
DERRI-AIR IS A SILLY AND EXPENSIVE IDEA.

Short version: Their bike seats are clumsy and uncomfortable, AND the manufacturer does not honor
its posted merchandise return policy.

Longer version: We were looking for a possible answer to the "sore-butt" problem enjoyed by those of
us to don't ride frequently enough to develop strategic calluses. An outfit calling itself
"Derri-Air, LLC. Of White4fish, MT" looked like a possible solution. We ordered something called
"The Limo". The thing was HUGE! It didn't just dominate the bike - - it almost overwhelmed the
garage. Just getting a leg over the monster required a step ladder. We sent it back and after a few
phone calls got Derri-Air to send their next size down. It was significantly smaller but equally
awkward. Regardless of how much or how little we inflated it, it felt like sitting on a large, dead
armadillo.

In December last year we sent it back to Derri-Air with a letter of explanation and waited for a
refund. (And waited, and waited, and waited .
. . . ) Then we tried phone calls - - about once a month. Each phone conversation would get an
assurance that "the check would go out in the morning", however, it's pretty clear that REFUNDS
are not part of Derri-Air' s business plan. This company is something to be avoided.

R. H. Lippert

Houston, TX

I don't know of any saddle manufacturer that would refund $ for a used saddle. Seems that you are
doing good to get an exchange. Always be sure of saddles before you buy one, you're usually stuck
with it. Although you could probably sell it on E-Bay! "Bubba" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...

.
> . . . ) Then we tried phone calls - - about once a month. Each phone conversation would get an
> assurance that "the check would go out in the morning", however, it's pretty clear that REFUNDS
> are not part of
Derri-Air'
> s business plan. This company is something to be avoided.
>

> R. H. Lippert
>
> Houston, TX

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bubba" <[email protected]> writes:
> DERRI-AIR IS A SILLY AND EXPENSIVE IDEA.

Promotionally, "Derri-air" is an horrid idea of a monicker for a saddle, too. I'm not even into
marketing, but even I could come up with something better than that.

I just cleaned-up a second-hand, grubby, normal saddle, with a bunch of dish detergent. I hope it
doesn't emit soap bubbles from underneath me when I ride in the rain. Actually, maybe I do.

But even if it did, I'd still have a comfortable, usable saddle, for cheap. Eventually, the soap
will wash out.

OTOH, you're stuck with having wasted money on something stupid that you'll never use.

Now you're wasting time on top of money.

Move on, and get a normal saddle. In the meantime, you'll just have to put salt & pepper on your
loss. Chalk it up to a learning experience.