Don't laugh...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Microthing, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Microthing

    Microthing Guest

    ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    MicroThing wrote:
    > ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?

    Depends what you want to use it for.

    Riding it round town - ok. Riding it off road - no.

  3. Microthing

    Microthing Guest

    > MicroThing wrote:
    > > ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?
    >
    > Depends what you want to use it for.
    >
    > Riding it round town - ok. Riding it off road - no.

    Cheers - that's the sort of thing I wanted to know.

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MicroThing <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > MicroThing wrote:
    > > > ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?
    > >
    > > Depends what you want to use it for.
    > >
    > > Riding it round town - ok. Riding it off road - no.
    >
    > Cheers - that's the sort of thing I wanted to know.

    Saying that, they used to be better as far as I can tell (before Falcon(??) bought them out) - my
    first MTB was (is) a rigid Townsend, Reynolds 501 steel, and the frame is still solid (it's gonna be
    running again soon.

    Shaun aRe

  5. Microthing

    Microthing Guest

    > Saying that, they used to be better as far as I can tell (before
    Falcon(??)
    > bought them out) - my first MTB was (is) a rigid Townsend, Reynolds 501 steel, and the frame is
    > still solid (it's gonna be running again soon.

    Hmmm - how old are we talking here?

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MicroThing <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Saying that, they used to be better as far as I can tell (before
    > Falcon(??)
    > > bought them out) - my first MTB was (is) a rigid Townsend, Reynolds 501 steel, and the frame is
    > > still solid (it's gonna be running again soon.
    >
    > Hmmm - how old are we talking here?

    Heheheh - prolly getting on for 15 years old ',;~}~

    As far as I'm aware, they were a small independent at the time, now they're just another badge
    belonging to the UK's largest cycle manufacturer. I don't know a thing about their current quality.

    Shaun aRe