Don't laugh...



Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bomba

Guest
MicroThing wrote:
> ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?

Depends what you want to use it for.

Riding it round town - ok. Riding it off road - no.
 
M

Microthing

Guest
"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> MicroThing wrote:
> > ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?
>
> Depends what you want to use it for.
>
> Riding it round town - ok. Riding it off road - no.

Cheers - that's the sort of thing I wanted to know.
 
S

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
MicroThing <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > MicroThing wrote:
> > > ...are Townsend bikes ok for a noooob?
> >
> > Depends what you want to use it for.
> >
> > Riding it round town - ok. Riding it off road - no.
>
> Cheers - that's the sort of thing I wanted to know.

Saying that, they used to be better as far as I can tell (before Falcon(??) bought them out) - my
first MTB was (is) a rigid Townsend, Reynolds 501 steel, and the frame is still solid (it's gonna be
running again soon.

Shaun aRe
 
M

Microthing

Guest
"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Saying that, they used to be better as far as I can tell (before
Falcon(??)
> bought them out) - my first MTB was (is) a rigid Townsend, Reynolds 501 steel, and the frame is
> still solid (it's gonna be running again soon.

Hmmm - how old are we talking here?
 
S

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
MicroThing <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Saying that, they used to be better as far as I can tell (before
> Falcon(??)
> > bought them out) - my first MTB was (is) a rigid Townsend, Reynolds 501 steel, and the frame is
> > still solid (it's gonna be running again soon.
>
> Hmmm - how old are we talking here?

Heheheh - prolly getting on for 15 years old ',;~}~

As far as I'm aware, they were a small independent at the time, now they're just another badge
belonging to the UK's largest cycle manufacturer. I don't know a thing about their current quality.

Shaun aRe
 
Status
Not open for further replies.