Don't let your meat loaf...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sheldon, Feb 7, 2006.

  1. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

  2. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    My meat never loafs.

    -sw

  3. Hairy

    Hairy Guest

  4. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:54:33 +1100, Old Mother Ashby
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Fine, but what does it taste like? ;-)

    Like burnt tomato sauce, I suspect.

    -sw

  5. sf

    sf Guest

  6. JohnHancock

    JohnHancock Guest

    sf wrote:
    > On 7 Feb 2006 19:01:04 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
    >
    >> Five pound meat loaf:
    >>
    >> Raw: http://i1.tinypic.com/ndssgj.jpg
    >>
    >> Cooked: http://i1.tinypic.com/ndsv4n.jpg
    >>

    > Wow... that's a tasty looking meatloaf (and sparegrass).
    > Sorry I missed your call. :)

    You'd be even more sorry if you had eaten that sorry looking - kinda
    burned it seems - excuse for a meatloaf. I thought sheldork said he
    could cook.

  7. -L.

    -L. Guest

  8. Switch

    Switch Guest

    JohnHancock wrote:

    > You'd be even more sorry if you had eaten that sorry looking - kinda
    > burned it seems - excuse for a meatloaf. I thought sheldork said he
    > could cook.

    oh you'd be the first to pull up on seconds

  9. jay

    jay Guest

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:01:04 -0800, Sheldon wrote:

    > Five pound meat loaf:

    I like to see the pictures..even modoms :) .. can't quit looking at them.
    I hope you will post some more..may get a digital and do some also. That
    is a lot of meatloaf and it looks like what my grandmother used to make
    with a smear of ketchup on top. Carmelized nicely. The asparagus look very
    green and fresh. The last ones I did turned off color as soon as i
    finished them and I even tried the acid trick.. still looked awful. Must
    be the wrong trick. The kitchen looks really clean. Is that a bread
    machine in the background? I have never had any machine bread that was
    good.. don't like the cake texture.

  10. jay

    jay Guest

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 23:13:20 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:

    > Like burnt tomato sauce, I suspect.
    >
    > -sw

    Why don't you post a picture of something you cooked or a recipe or
    anything other than snide comments that aren't smart or funny or anything?
    Yeah you hold your own ok. You ARE good at humping legs.

  11. jay

    jay Guest

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:31:12 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:

    > My meat never loafs.
    >
    > -sw

    Your meat is microscopic, right?

  12. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    JohnHancock wrote:

    > > Wow... that's a tasty looking meatloaf (and sparegrass).
    > > Sorry I missed your call. :)

    > You'd be even more sorry if you had eaten that sorry looking - kinda
    > burned it seems - excuse for a meatloaf. I thought sheldork said he
    > could cook.

    Maybe Sheldon learned to cook the same place my wife did, where you
    learn to use the smoke detector for an oven timer.

  13. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    jay wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:01:04 -0800, Sheldon wrote:
    >
    > > Five pound meat loaf:

    > I like to see the pictures..even modoms :) .. can't quit looking at them.
    > I hope you will post some more..may get a digital and do some also. That
    > is a lot of meatloaf and it looks like what my grandmother used to make
    > with a smear of ketchup on top. Carmelized nicely. The asparagus look very
    > green and fresh. The last ones I did turned off color as soon as i
    > finished them and I even tried the acid trick.. still looked awful. Must
    > be the wrong trick. The kitchen looks really clean. Is that a bread
    > machine in the background? I have never had any machine bread that was
    > good.. don't like the cake texture.

    Actually I don't use plain ketchup, that's a mixure of ketchup with Lea
    & Perrins Worstershire, fresh ground white pepper, and a little
    granulated garlic. It may look over cooked but it's very moist inside
    because with the five pounds of chuck I also ground in two huge
    potatoes, two onions, two big carrots, a celery heart, and a fistful of
    parsley, then added eight eggs... was very moist. I say "was" because
    all that's left is an end. My cats love it too. And I purposely over
    cook the asparagus because Jilly loves them and otherwise they are too
    stringy for her... she bites off all the tips, her favorite.

    To enjoy meat loaf you really need to grind your own ... I don't know
    how anyone can swallow that preground mystery meat.

    My helper:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/nec65w.jpg

    After dinner nap, with a full belly on a snowy day:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/nec6ci.jpg

    Sheldon

  14. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:07:13 GMT, jay <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:31:12 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    >> My meat never loafs.
    >>
    >> -sw

    >Your meat is microscopic, right?

    Maybe those jokes work with your average, male 10 year-old's, but
    please .. spare us. We're a little beyond such childishness. Try
    and keep up.

    -sw

  15. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:06:09 GMT, jay <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Why don't you post a picture of something you cooked or a recipe or
    >anything other than snide comments that aren't smart or funny or anything?
    >Yeah you hold your own ok. You ARE good at humping legs.

    Ahh, yes. Another satisfied customer. Send me $5 and I'll have
    my agent forward your info to my fan club manager.

    -sw