Don't share pills

On 7/31/06 6:09 PM, in article [email protected],
"h squared" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Steve Freides wrote:
>
> but those are some very masculine
>> looking shoulders and upper arms, and there are many male professional
>> bike racers who do not sport nearly that much muscle in their upper
>> bodies.

> yeah, but she has other hobbies besides bike racing-
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2002/features/nicole_reinhart/MT06
>
> wussy boys..

Is that necklace thing covering up an adams apple?????

h squared wrote:
> Steve Freides wrote:
>
> but those are some very masculine
> > looking shoulders and upper arms, and there are many male professional
> > bike racers who do not sport nearly that much muscle in their upper
> > bodies.

But they're not US crit sprinters.

> yeah, but she has other hobbies besides bike racing-
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2002/features/nicole_reinhart/MT06
>
> wussy boys..

Damn, it wouldn't even take LVG, I think Conzelman
could break both my arms.

Ben
that's hot

> Laura Van Gilder is one of the classiest and most sporting athletes
> I've ever met. She has very muscular arms and legs -- always has.
> So what? It's a shame to make these sort of crude jokes about her
> just because her body is freaky. She is awesome.

I was not joking. I don't know this person, just saw the picture linked
to and commented on it. Also, classy and sporting does not necessarily
mean not drug using. Again, I am not trying to accuse anyone of
anything, but the physique in evidence in that picture would not be
unusual among steroid-taking female bodybuilders, and it is unusual
among non-drug-taking female bicycle racers, so there's nothing wrong
with raising an eyebrow in this instance, at least for those of us
unacquainted with this person.

-S-

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:47:15 -0400, "Steve Freides"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I don't know this person, just saw the picture linked
>to and commented on it. Also, classy and sporting does not necessarily
>mean not drug using. Again, I am not trying to accuse anyone of
>anything, but the physique in evidence in that picture would not be
>unusual among steroid-taking female bodybuilders, and it is unusual
>among non-drug-taking female bicycle racers, so there's nothing wrong
>with raising an eyebrow in this instance, at least for those of us
>unacquainted with this person.

If you have any evidence that she is using drugs, it's your business
to speculate. If you want to cast aspersions on someone's integrity,
which might even influence her livelihood, based on the size of her
arms in two photos, I think you've gone too far. The world is full of
freakish looking people. At the very least, see if you can find a
photo of her before she got into sport for comparison to give your
speculation some back up.

Classy and sporting means the person should not be the subject of
rumours based on the flimsiest of reasons.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

> On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:47:15 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I don't know this person, just saw the picture linked
>>to and commented on it. Also, classy and sporting does not necessarily
>>mean not drug using. Again, I am not trying to accuse anyone of
>>anything, but the physique in evidence in that picture would not be
>>unusual among steroid-taking female bodybuilders, and it is unusual
>>among non-drug-taking female bicycle racers, so there's nothing wrong
>>with raising an eyebrow in this instance, at least for those of us
>>unacquainted with this person.

> If you have any evidence that she is using drugs, it's your business
> to speculate. If you want to cast aspersions on someone's integrity,
> which might even influence her livelihood, based on the size of her
> arms in two photos, I think you've gone too far. The world is full of
> freakish looking people. At the very least, see if you can find a
> photo of her before she got into sport for comparison to give your
> speculation some back up.
>
> Classy and sporting means the person should not be the subject of
> rumours based on the flimsiest of reasons.

<sigh>. Sometimes the written word is too precise. I do not mean to
suggest anything about this person, merely to comment on the picture,
that's all.

-S-

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:47:15 -0400, "Steve Freides"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I don't know this person, just saw the picture linked
>>to and commented on it. Also, classy and sporting does not necessarily
>>mean not drug using. Again, I am not trying to accuse anyone of
>>anything, but the physique in evidence in that picture would not be
>>unusual among steroid-taking female bodybuilders, and it is unusual
>>among non-drug-taking female bicycle racers, so there's nothing wrong
>>with raising an eyebrow in this instance, at least for those of us
>>unacquainted with this person.

> If you have any evidence that she is using drugs, it's your business
> to speculate. If you want to cast aspersions on someone's integrity,
> which might even influence her livelihood, based on the size of her
> arms in two photos, I think you've gone too far. The world is full of
> freakish looking people. At the very least, see if you can find a
> photo of her before she got into sport for comparison to give your
> speculation some back up.
>
> Classy and sporting means the person should not be the subject of
> rumours based on the flimsiest of reasons.
>
> JT
>
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

Landis was classy until last week. Unfortunately, a lot of people are
going to be tarred with the same brush. And that isn't Nicole's fault,
but it isn't Andrew's fault or Steve's fault either. I doubt very much
that I would ever have arms that look like Nicole's (and there was a
time long ago that I tried).
I remember my old copy of Eddie B's "Winning Bicycle Racing" with a
photo of Cindi Olavarri and the caption that "weight training was
important for women too"--not long before she tested positive for
anabolic steroids and vanished from the scene.
Yes, if she's clean it's unfair, but I think the whole world has thrown
out "innocent until proven guilty" as far as cycling is concerned. Too
bad, but you reap what you sow.
Did Bev Francis ever admit to steroid use?

http://www.bevfrancis.com/images/bev_pool_162x286.jpg

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

> I remember my old copy of Eddie B's "Winning Bicycle Racing" with a
> photo of Cindi Olavarri and the caption that "weight training was
> important for women too"--not long before she tested positive for
> anabolic steroids and vanished from the scene.

She owns a bike shop in Berkeley now.
http://www.leftcoastcyclery.com/staff.htm

On 8/1/06 11:33 AM, in article P7Nzg.3790$eG.553@trndny08, "Mark & Steven
Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote:

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:47:15 -0400, "Steve Freides"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know this person, just saw the picture linked
>>> to and commented on it. Also, classy and sporting does not necessarily
>>> mean not drug using. Again, I am not trying to accuse anyone of
>>> anything, but the physique in evidence in that picture would not be
>>> unusual among steroid-taking female bodybuilders, and it is unusual
>>> among non-drug-taking female bicycle racers, so there's nothing wrong
>>> with raising an eyebrow in this instance, at least for those of us
>>> unacquainted with this person.

>> If you have any evidence that she is using drugs, it's your business
>> to speculate. If you want to cast aspersions on someone's integrity,
>> which might even influence her livelihood, based on the size of her
>> arms in two photos, I think you've gone too far. The world is full of
>> freakish looking people. At the very least, see if you can find a
>> photo of her before she got into sport for comparison to give your
>> speculation some back up.
>>
>> Classy and sporting means the person should not be the subject of
>> rumours based on the flimsiest of reasons.
>>
>> JT
>>
>> ****************************
>> Remove "remove" to reply
>> Visit http://www.jt10000.com
>> ****************************

> Landis was classy until last week. Unfortunately, a lot of people are
> going to be tarred with the same brush. And that isn't Nicole's fault,
> but it isn't Andrew's fault or Steve's fault either. I doubt very much
> that I would ever have arms that look like Nicole's (and there was a
> time long ago that I tried).
> I remember my old copy of Eddie B's "Winning Bicycle Racing" with a
> photo of Cindi Olavarri and the caption that "weight training was
> important for women too"--not long before she tested positive for
> anabolic steroids and vanished from the scene.
> Yes, if she's clean it's unfair, but I think the whole world has thrown
> out "innocent until proven guilty" as far as cycling is concerned. Too
> bad, but you reap what you sow.
> Did Bev Francis ever admit to steroid use?
>
> http://www.bevfrancis.com/images/bev_pool_162x286.jpg
>
> Steve

http://grg51.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/cindy_john
son_female_bodybuilder_pose.jpg

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Laura Van Gilder is one of the classiest and most sporting athletes
> I've ever met. She has very muscular arms and legs -- always has.
> So what? It's a shame to make these sort of crude jokes about her
> just because her body is freaky. She is awesome.

FWIW, I agree completely. She trains here in the winters so I've ridden with
and talked with her a fair amount too. She's a very nice level headed person
who happens to be a strong woman and dedicated athlete. She doesn't deserve
to be ridiculed based on some pictures on the internet, which btw make her
look bigger than she really is.