Don't think this is going the way they intended...

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> DaveB Wrote:
>> vintage wrote:
>> >
>> > Im 30 and whats a car????? Never had one or a licence.
>> >
>> > I need zero tunnels and by links built for me at a 9 Billion dollar

>> expense
>> > :)

>> Really? Grow your own food? Make your own clothes? Are you saying you
>> don't have any requirement for any road transport to provide your
>> daily
>> needs?
>>
>> And on a different tack, how is that attitude any different to
>> non-cyclists saying they shouldn't have to fund bike paths?

> Hrrmmm, that's a curly one. Virtually every part of our dazzling modern
> lifestyle requires logistics to get all that stuff from A to B. I've
> worked in a extremely large transport company and I'd like to think
> I've got comprehensive grasp on how mass logistics/trade actually
> function.
>
> Every part of that dazzling modern lifestyle does involve compromise at
> every level. But you *can* alleviate some of that by scaling back energy
> consumption, using your house & land footprint in a more sustainable
> way. We reside on a small-ish inner suburb block and right now we've
> got more homebrew beer, broad beans, other edible green stuff, apricots
> and bikes than want we know what to do with. Car? Never held a license,
> although in 1984 I could of bought a VW from my brother for $200.
> Clothes? Well I'll admit I love Savers and the local op shops, but I
> recently lashed out mightly on a Sugino jacket...

Mmm...I am so hanging out the actually buy a house. Mortgage approval
application goes in next week. This is the current first choice
candidate...check out the proximity to the Merri Creek bike path...ain't no
houses on the other side of that road!
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&s=vic&snf=ras&tm=1159910243&c=58601738

Resound said:
Mmm...I am so hanging out the actually buy a house. Mortgage approval
application goes in next week. This is the current first choice
candidate...check out the proximity to the Merri Creek bike path...ain't no
houses on the other side of that road!
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&s=vic&snf=ras&tm=1159910243&c=58601738

Ooooo, I've lived in Brunswick & Coburg, the locale you've list above is a mighty fine address. You could be possibly living in the Peoples Republic of Moreland, never mind though, the Bicycle Rebublic of Yarra is just down the bike path/road so to speak...
http://www.yarrabug.org/wp-content/YarraBUGStickers.jpg