DON'T use the services of "Rode" (bike shop in Pt Chevalier)

tonyzackery

Dec 23, 2006
First post - nice.
Welcome to the forum and look forward to your future contributions.

You almost certainly are not a New Zealand citizen.

You also appear to have an extremely limited understanding of cycling and bicycles in general.
This leads me to believe, upon balance of probability, that you likely failed to communicate effectively with the bike mechanic at Rode.

There are a whole raft of irrational assertions (I'm in a non-delineative mood today) throughout your post which further lead me to believe your account is not entirely factually accurate.

My impartiality is unquestionable and undeniable. I'm Australian and could not give two ***** about a bike shop in New Zealand. I also am acutely aware of how problematic engaging with bike shop mechanics can be.
Yet in this instance the only conclusion to be made from the evidence provided is that you Rachael are in fact problem.

Edit: I do hope you find a nice bike for your 4 year old to enjoy.

[SIZE= x-small]I assure you that I'm both a NZ citizen and that I have neither exaggerated nor made any untrue statements. NZ small business owners are usually pretty accommodating and I've never experienced "service" like this in my life. Again, the "bike conversion" was the shop owner's idea. He saw both my child and the bike. He made the bike unusable and insisted on charging. I think that it is important that people are made aware of [/SIZE][SIZE= x-small]proprietors who run businesses like this. I'm also a little unsure why you would respond with such vitriol when I simply mean to make others aware.[/SIZE][SIZE= x-small] [/SIZE]

OK, I promise never to buy a bike from Rode,ever.
They're too far away and I wasn't going to anyway.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Rachel Morrison .

[SIZE= x-small]I assure you that I'm both a NZ citizen and that I have neither exaggerated nor made any untrue statements. NZ small business owners are usually pretty accommodating and I've never experienced "service" like this in my life. Again, the "bike conversion" was the shop owner's idea. He saw both my child and the bike. He made the bike unusable and insisted on charging. I think that it is important that people are made aware of [/SIZE][SIZE= x-small]proprietors who run businesses like this. I'm also a little unsure why you would respond with such vitriol when I simply mean to make others aware.[/SIZE][SIZE= x-small] [/SIZE]
That's a pretty hot lookin' avatar pic there. Hot chicks are always welcome here.
Tell us a little about yourself by way of introduction. I really truly promise that no nude pics will appear on facebook.

Originally Posted by stevebaby .

OK, I promise never to buy a bike from Rode,ever.
They're too far away and I wasn't going to anyway.
Hope this helps.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Rachel,
Sorry you've had a bad experience but I wanted to set the record right with RODE. They are a great shop. The service I have had there and the mechanical repairs they have done are consistently excellent and it is really important that we support independent bike shops that don't just cater to the "sports orientated" rider. It's also great to see the team there doing something different from the standard chains with their neverending sales flogging off the same old rubbish... I don't care if you don't go back because they didn't tell you what you wanted to hear but it's important to put the record straight for anyone else who is reading this forum. They do a fantastic job, give considered advice and respect you even if you don't happen to ride the latest $5000 carbon road bike. They are also extremely good value both in terms of sales and repairs. When you buy a bike from one of the chains and work out what they say it should have cost full price you will see what I mean.

FYI: I've also got a nearly four year old. He still rides his running bike which he has been on since 18 months but is fast growing too big for it - I think you'd have been wasting your money buying a new one for a kid that age. He's also getting a bit fearless and running bikes at high speed down hill always end in tears!!! He has now mastered a wee pedal bike with 12" wheels without training wheels and can just ride his next bike with 16' wheels again with no training wheels. Sadly his legs are not long enough to touch the ground which is a bit dangerous and so we have put this away for a few weeks. Hope this helps although it's probably not what you want to hear.

Cheers,

Nick

Hey I am an Aussie, I ain't NEVER heard of a "running bike" ? My 2 boys each got a little BMX-type bike and didn't have a problem riding them,not sure
why you Kiwis run instead of riding ?