Don't you just hate it!!!!

G

I did a race on Wednesday, 1 May (97.5km). I really felt strong and at the half way turnaround, an official told me that I was the third lady. That gave me extra strengh to go even harder. With approximately 15km to go, I flew passed the second lady and when I passed her, she came in behind me and there she sat!!! For the next 15km, she sucked wheel and when we approached the finishing mats with only a few meters left, she came passed me and went over the line before me. :mad: :mad: When the official finishing times were posted, she was just one second ahead of me. I never won a race before, or even came in second, but that day I was so close!!! I really thought that, because she had done none of the work for 15km, she would not go over the finishing line before me. I can expect such behaviour from licenced riders, or even if there's prize money involved, but this was only a fun ride. I really believe that this person did not display any good sportsmanship on that day, and in future, I will definitely not step in the same trap!!

Ai-jai-jai, you should of sat back and let her take the lead if you were unable to drop her. This way, you could of sucked her wheel instead.
Anyway, 3rd placed lady is a great result! Congrats! Which race was this?

Thanks, VO2. In future, I'll definitely do that, believe me!! It was the Solo Challenge at Klipdrif Primary School.

Congrats Roadster.

I've been in a similar position and here's what I do (or try and do at any rate).

At the bottom of a hilll slow down until your momentum is lost them JUMP! If you caught here chances are she is weaker than you and the most obvious place to expose her weakness is a climb where the speed is slow so slipstreaming doesn't count.

Kick her butt next time!

If she does it again, tell her what you think about her.

That normally works :D.

Keep those wheels turning.

Such a situation does, of course, provide a convenient opportunity to unclog one's nose, if you get my drift.

;D

In Triathlons over here in Western Australia, it is illegal to 'draft' (slipstream) during the cycling leg, it is frowned upon by the whole community.

But in cycling only races, I guess it is part of the game, just like car racing.

5% of the race is in your legs, 95% is in your head.

Such a situation does, of course, provide a convenient opportunity to unclog one's nose, if you get my drift. ;D

Its funny how fast people get the message when you do that hehe :eek:

hee hee :p

In Triathlons over here in Western Australia, it is illegal to 'draft' (slipstream) during the cycling leg, it is frowned upon by the whole community.

--------------

Hmm good job its not like that over here