Don't you just hate it

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Andy Chequer, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    When you get dog poo on your tyres.

    Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:

    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.

    Yup. Hate it with a vengence.

    Of course, the time I lived in *that* flat didn't help.

  3. Andyc

    Andyc Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    What I hate even more is when it then flicks up...

  4. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:
    >
    > > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Yup. Hate it with a vengence.
    >
    > Of course, the time I lived in *that* flat didn't help.

    I found your electric toothbrush was just the job for removing it.

    Mandy Becker

  5. David L

    David L Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    yah, that and Canada geese crap....

    Dave

  6. Andy Chequer wrote:

    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.

    Not as much as when it leaves the tire and flys in my face.

    Barry

  7. John G

    John G Guest

    David L wrote:

    > yah, that and Canada geese crap....

    Ewww. forgot all about that! It's about that time of year again, time to put the front and rear
    fenders on (And get some 00 bird-shot for the Ithaca Featherlight ;-)

    > Dave

  8. And it's allways in the middle of the perfect down hill line!!

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

  9. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    Or when you get it on your tires and then it flies all over and splatters on your gloves... and you
    don't realize it's poop (instead of mud) until that moment you just bring it up to wipe away some
    sweat... and you detect the off odor _just in time_.

    I was irked, to say the least.

    A friend had a line of horse crap up her front, once. Heh.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  10. Dennis Baker

    Dennis Baker Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    Had it happen once and while it was fresh I broke my chain. Having to be up close and personal while
    working on the bike yeach. Makes you want to ban dogs from the trail. People train your animals to
    use the bushes or clean up after them please.

    For some reason wild critter poo doesn't bother me as much.

    -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

  11. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    I found your electric toothbrush was just the job for removing it.

    I found using someone elses much more satisfactory :D :D

  12. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    Yep. Dog poo is the worst. And jetwashing only disintegrates it into a wet disgustingly smelly mess
    that manages to blast itself across your face and into your eyes. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING tastes
    as bad a wet dog poo. I tyhink that I'll just stop typing and go be sick again now....

    --
    Westie

  13. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    > >
    > > Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it
    > >

    > Yep. Dog poo is the worst. And jetwashing only disintegrates it into a wet disgustingly smelly
    > mess that manages to blast itself across your face and into your eyes. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING
    > tastes as bad a wet dog poo. I tyhink that I'll just stop typing and go be sick again now....
    >
    > --
    > Westie

    You might want to try not putting it in your mouth next time <sheesh>
    --
    Slacker - kids, always putting crap in their mouths

  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:
    > When you get dog poo on your tyres.

    I was feeling all smug reading this thread because I hadn't had poop on my tyres for ages.

    You'll never guess what happened to me this evening...

  15. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Andy Chequer wrote:
    > > When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    > I was feeling all smug reading this thread because I hadn't had poop on my tyres for ages.
    >
    > You'll never guess what happened to me this evening...

    It doesn't count if you smeared on yourself!
    --
    Slacker

  16. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

    >When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >
    >Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it

    Horse poo it much worse, especially when it gets past the down tube and up to your face.

    Peace, sometimes I wish I had fenders.

    Bill

    :-]

  17. Klydesdale

    Klydesdale Guest

    > On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    > <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    > >
    > >Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it
    > >

    > Horse poo it much worse,

    Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs and meat gets turned into some
    pretty nasty waste products.

  18. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    KLydesdale wrote:
    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    >><[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >>>
    >>>Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it
    >>>

    >>Horse poo it much worse,
    >

    > Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs and meat gets turned into
    > some pretty nasty waste products.

    Yeah, dog poo is much worse.

    Greg

  19. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    KLydesdale wrote:
    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    >><[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    >>>
    >>>Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it
    >>>

    >>Horse poo it much worse,
    >

    > Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs and meat gets turned into
    > some pretty nasty waste products.

    Yep. Carnivore poop is nasty, even to carnivores. I've got a pair of dogs who like nothing
    better than to roll in horse dung (the better to ambush those wily bowls of kibble, I
    suppose). They'll also cheerfully eat deer droppings, too. I haven't felt the same about
    Milk Duds since I witnessed that little scene... While running over dog shit is unpleasant,
    I think horse poop is worse, just because there's so damned much of it. I'm just really glad
    there are no thousand pound dogs out there running the trails.

    Kathleen

  20. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:16:09 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    > > <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >When you get dog poo on your tyres.
    > > >
    > > >Andy Chequer removed it with a jetwash once and regretted it
    > > >

    > > Horse poo it much worse,
    >
    > Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs and meat gets turned into
    > some pretty nasty waste products.

    It's all crap. I do think that cowcrap is the stickiest though.

    Just for the record, Gordon The Wonder Dog always craps well off the line.

    JD