Don't you just hate it

JD wrote:
> Just for the record, Gordon The Wonder Dog always craps well off the line.

I'm training Parker to **** in the "Barney lines". Serves then right for by-passing and creating
thier own lines!-)

Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> KLydesdale wrote:
> > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Horse poo it much worse,
> >

> > Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs and meat gets turned into
> > some pretty nasty waste products.
>
> Yep. Carnivore **** is nasty, even to carnivores. I've got a pair of dogs who like nothing
> better than to roll in horse dung (the better to ambush those wily bowls of kibble, I
> suppose). They'll also cheerfully eat deer droppings, too. I haven't felt the same about
> Milk Duds since I witnessed that little scene...

My dog seems to have a preference for tootsie rolls she roots out of the kitty box so I don't think
your carnivore **** theory holds much water. Dogs just don't seem to mind recycled food in general.

> While running over dog **** is unpleasant, I think horse **** is worse, just because there's
> so damned much of it. I'm just really glad there are no thousand pound dogs out there
> running the trails.

I must agree and despite what horse owners claim about the relative merits of different types of
poo, horse **** is still ****. Just out of curiousity, when your dogs do what comes natural do you
at least push it off the side of the trail?

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

Dennis Baker wrote:
> I must agree and despite what horse owners claim about the relative merits of different types of
> poo, horse **** is still ****.

at least you can garden with it.

Just out
> of curiosity, when your dogs do what comes natural do you at least push it off the side of
> the trail?

how about get a stick and FLING it into the woods? Either that or I carry "squishy bags" if it's a
highly trafficked area.

penny

Dennis Baker wrote:
> Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>KLydesdale wrote:
>>
>>>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs and meat gets turned into
>>>some pretty nasty waste products.
>>
>> Yep. Carnivore **** is nasty, even to carnivores. I've got a pair of dogs who like nothing
>> better than to roll in horse dung (the better to ambush those wily bowls of kibble, I
>> suppose). They'll also cheerfully eat deer droppings, too. I haven't felt the same about
>> Milk Duds since I witnessed that little scene...
>

> My dog seems to have a preference for tootsie rolls she roots out of the kitty box so I don't
> think your carnivore **** theory holds much water. Dogs just don't seem to mind recycled food in
> general.

Mine, too, or at least they did while the cat was alive. Cat food is much tastier and concentrated
than dog food - too many calories, and the wrong protein balance, too. We tried not to give the dogs
access to the cat's dish, but they'd happily snack on the second-hand stuff any chance they got.
Forbidden fruit...

>> While running over dog **** is unpleasant, I think horse **** is worse, just because there's
>> so damned much of it. I'm just really glad there are no thousand pound dogs out there
>> running the trails.
>

> I must agree and despite what horse owners claim about the relative merits of different types of
> poo, horse **** is still ****. Just out of curiousity, when your dogs do what comes natural do you
> at least push it off the side of the trail?
>
> -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

I carry ziplock baggies in order to pack out any mid-trail accidents, but I rarely need them. Both
of mine strongly prefer to get private when they ****. Even at home, if they see you standing in the
window watching, they'll stop and go behind a bush to finish up. When we go to tournaments, I have
to take them out on a long lead and pretend to be absorbed in the scenery to get them to go.

Kathleen

> "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Horse poo it much worse,
> >
> > Not true in my experience. Horses generally don't eat meat like dogs
and
> > meat gets turned into some pretty nasty waste products.
>
> It's all ****. I do think that cowcrap is the stickiest though.
>
> Just for the record, Gordon The Wonder Dog always craps well off the line.
>
> JD

Well this thread should prove once and for all, esp. for HWSNBN, that MTBers know their **** from
Shinola. :^)

Mike - wooo wheee!

John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> > Just for the record, Gordon The Wonder Dog always craps well off the line.
>
> I'm training Parker to **** in the "Barney lines". Serves then right for by-passing and creating
> thier own lines!-)

hahahaha

Sometimes I shovel cowcrap into barney lines when it's available. It works really well, even with
petrified meadow muffins.

JD

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dennis Baker wrote:
> > I must agree and despite what horse owners claim about the relative merits of different types of
> > poo, horse **** is still ****.
>
> at least you can garden with it.

Not when it's stuck to my bike tires.

> Just out
> > of curiosity, when your dogs do what comes natural do you at least push it off the side of the
> > trail?
> >

> how about get a stick and FLING it into the woods? Either that or I carry "squishy bags" if it's a
> highly trafficked area.
>
> penny

Flinging or bagging is entirely appropriate. I get a little finicky (sp?) about turds on trails, I
don't leave any so neither should anyone else. I do think pushing or flinging animal piles clear of
the trail is Ok though obviously people **** should be limited to facilities. I don't quite
understand the callous attitude horseback riders have towards the generous amounts of droppings they
leave on the trail. I guess they just don't give a sh*t.

-- Dennis

Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I carry ziplock baggies in order to pack out any mid-trail accidents, but I rarely need them. Both
> of mine strongly prefer to get private when they ****. Even at home, if they see you standing in
> the window watching, they'll stop and go behind a bush to finish up. When we go to tournaments, I
> have to take them out on a long lead and pretend to be absorbed in the scenery to get them to go.
>
> Kathleen

I can respect any dog owner who is willing to keep the trail clear.

Sometimes I wish my dog was shy about that. She makes a bit of a production out of it. She is very
smart and goes where she's supposed to, but it usually involves lots of kicking up of grass and a
short sniffing ritual which follows the act. I don't take her on the trail because she is a bit
agressive with other dogs (and some people... usually the people I don't like).

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com <-- Northern California Mountain biking photos