Don't you just hate when that happens!

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I had a flat on Sunday, front tire. So I inspected the tire on the road, removed glass. Insert new tube, roll up damaged tube for repair at home.

Repair at home, then remove new tube and place new tube back into seat pack. I always carry 2, this way I have 2 new tubes for roadside repairs.

I used the galvanizing patches. Whoever told me about the Rema patch kit was correct, the glue does not dry up. I have that problem with the other brands.

I do the repair, still rather clean. Look at wife's tires, rear looks worn. Darnnit! Replace with a new tire. As long as I have the wheel off, you know you got to clean the inner side of the rear derailleur, End up cleaning the jockey wheels, then the cassette, then the chain, then the front derailleur, then the chain rings and relubing. Then fine tuning the front and rear derailleurs.

OK, now my hands are covered in grease and I feel like I didn't get anything out of it! :D

Park Tool patch kits are good for about 6 months 'if' you keep them in a sealed baggie or tape the little box up well. I used to carry a Vittoria patch kit, but I have not seen them in bike shops for many years.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I did place the other patch kits in a well sealed baggie hoping it would not dry up, but it did. I think it was the Performance brand and one other I got at a bike shop. I don't remember if it was Park or not.

I started a post about it about a year ago and somebody mentioned RemA. It has lasted really well, maybe 6 month already and still fresh.