Donuts - Training Food Of Champions

Time Cop

New Member
May 14, 2003
U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña to win.

"It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."

P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

"Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off
> the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or
> Peña to win.
>
> "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
> long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he
> always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
>
> P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

Johan is putting a pretty good spin on the situation. Regardless of what JB says, Krispy has his
work cut out for him this season.

"Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off
> the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or
> Peña to win.
>
> "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
> long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he
> always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
>
> P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

Screw the Lance pix - show me the Sheryl pictures!

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:40:57 GMT, Time Cop
<[email protected]> wrote:

>U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off
>the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or
>Peña to win.
>
>"It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very long
>time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he
>always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
>
>P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

Readint the title of the post, I had a flashback to an old Saturday Night Live Commercial: John
Belushi, competing in a decathlon, espousing his choice of cereal: little donuts (I can't remember
if they were powdered or chocolate).

They show him eating a big bowl full, then doing the pole vault - now that was SNL in it's prime!

Originally posted by James Calivar

Screw the Lance pix - show me the Sheryl pictures!

Here you go:

pollypre.jpg

--B_3160234673_22859778 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

On 2/21/04 6:35 PM, in article [email protected], "Time Cop" <usenet-
[email protected]> wrote:

> James Calivar wrote:
>> Screw the Lance pix - show me the Sheryl pictures!

http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l6.jpg

http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l7.jpg

http://fleacharyucko.com/sherylcrowboots.jpg

http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow002.jp g

http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow004.jp g

http://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif

http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/SherylCrow/images/SherylCrow012.jpg

--B_3160234673_22859778 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding:
quoted-printable

<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Sheryl Crow pics (was: Re: Donuts)</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT
FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>On 2/21/04 6:35 PM, in = article
[email protected], "Time Cop" <= usenet-
[email protected]> wrote:<BR> <BR> <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> James Calivar
wrote:<BR> </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000">>> Screw the Lance pix - show me the She= ryl
pictures!<BR> </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> <BR> > <BR> </FONT> <a
href=3D"http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_cro=
w_l6.jpg">http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l6.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
href=3D"http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_=
l7.jpg">http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l7.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
href=3D"http://fleacharyucko.com/sherylcrowboots.j=
pg">http://fleacharyucko.com/sherylcrowboots.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
href=3D"http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gr=
atis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow002.jpg">http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas=
_gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow002.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
href=3D"http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gr=
atis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow004.jpg">http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas=
_gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow004.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
href=3D"http://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif">htt=
m://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif</a><BR> <BR> <a
href=3D"http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/SherylCr=
ow/images/SherylCrow012.jpg">http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/SherylCrow/im=
ages/SherylCrow012.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <BR> </SPAN></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

--B_3160234673_22859778--

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off the
> > victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña
> > to win.
> >
> > "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
> > long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and
> > he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
> >
> > P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.
>

> Johan is putting a pretty good spin on the situation. Regardless of what JB says, Krispy has his
> work cut out for him this season.

Jeez, I thought Jan looked fat in his past early seasons until I saw Lance in Velonews today. Did he
decide to get on the uber-diet of brats, beer, and German Chocolate Cake since Jan spanked him last
year? He must have put back on 10 kilos in the off-season. He's got a double-chin, and what's up
with that butt? I'm hearing Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts" in my head right now, cuz Lance is
packing much back. Did you read that little side note in Velonews about him having to adjust his
skinsuit during the TT? It's because his gut/butt are so big that skinsuit/chamois are stretched
beyond their usefulness. BTW, that new TT position is not going to fix that gut getting in the way
of his legs and those upper arms flapping in the wind. Did he somehow forget how to do pushups and
curls? And you can't tell me that that table muscle is not from drinking plenty of Shiner Bock on
the beach during spring training. He claims that Floyd is climbing better than him now--well no
sh*t, Lance, look at your gut. Better yet, have you seen your Nike's lately? I'm not counting on TDF
#6 if he's going to show up looking like Eddie Mercx.

$.02

1) It is only FEBRUARY you assclown........

On 2/21/04 8:21 PM, in article
[email protected], "jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Jeez, I thought Jan looked fat in his past early seasons until I saw Lance in Velonews today. Did
> he decide to get on the uber-diet of brats, beer, and German Chocolate Cake since Jan spanked him
> last year? He must have put back on 10 kilos in the off-season. He's got a double-chin, and what's
> up with that butt? I'm hearing Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts" in my head right now, cuz Lance is
> packing much back. Did you read that little side note in Velonews about him having to adjust his
> skinsuit during the TT? It's because his gut/butt are so big that skinsuit/chamois are stretched
> beyond their usefulness. BTW, that new TT position is not going to fix that gut getting in the way
> of his legs and those upper arms flapping in the wind. Did he somehow forget how to do pushups and
> curls? And you can't tell me that that table muscle is not from drinking plenty of Shiner Bock on
> the beach during spring training. He claims that Floyd is climbing better than him now--well no
> sh*t, Lance, look at your gut. Better yet, have you seen your Nike's lately? I'm not counting on
> TDF #6 if he's going to show up looking like Eddie Mercx.
>
> $.02

"jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was
surprised
> > > Armstrong pulled off the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at
Volta
> > > ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña to win.
> > >
> > > "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
> > > long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard
> > > and he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
> > >
> > > P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him
on
> > > the podium.
> >

> > Johan is putting a pretty good spin on the situation. Regardless of
what JB
> > says, Krispy has his work cut out for him this season.
>
> Jeez, I thought Jan looked fat in his past early seasons until I saw Lance in Velonews today. Did
> he decide to get on the uber-diet of brats, beer, and German Chocolate Cake since Jan spanked him
> last year? He must have put back on 10 kilos in the off-season. He's got a double-chin, and what's
> up with that butt? I'm hearing Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts" in my head right now, cuz Lance is
> packing much back. Did you read that little side note in Velonews about him having to adjust his
> skinsuit during the TT? It's because his gut/butt are so big that skinsuit/chamois are stretched
> beyond their usefulness. BTW, that new TT position is not going to fix that gut getting in the way
> of his legs and those upper arms flapping in the wind. Did he somehow forget how to do pushups and
> curls? And you can't tell me that that table muscle is not from drinking plenty of Shiner Bock on
> the beach during spring training. He claims that Floyd is climbing better than him now--well no
> sh*t, Lance, look at your gut. Better yet, have you seen your Nike's lately? I'm not counting on
> TDF #6 if he's going to show up looking like Eddie Mercx.
>
> $.02

God, but you're cruel. I'll bet you he has liposuction in April when he's back in the US caring
for his kids.

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC5D71EA.926EA%[email protected]...
> 1) It is only FEBRUARY you assclown........

Compare March 9, 2003: http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/mar03/murcia/stage5/cycling-spain-murcia-tou-
32 With February 21, 2003: http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html and
http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/updateframesetcall?openform&04algarveSt4

Two more photos showing how Krispy was thinner in February, 2003:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/RL3 http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/mar03/murcia/stage4/cycling-spain-murcia-
50

Krispy has always been known for coming to February training camp and his season's first race with a
minimal weight gain from the "off" month (season). The "good life" with Cheryl has taken a toll that
he will now have to work to correct. But, I think you can see that your February comment is ********
given Krispy's history.

By ONE second over Landis and he didn't exactly rip the third tier field apart. But more
importantly, I'd really be curious to see his SRM data as compared to the time trial at Murcia
last year.

In article <BC5D71EA.926EA%[email protected]>,
Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

> 1) It is only FEBRUARY you assclown........

This is true, Steve, but remember the times that Jan had weight problems in February, and showed
up at the Tour still struggling to get top form because of those problems.

Sure, but you gotta admit the field isn't exactly overwhelming at this race.

--
tanx, Howard

"We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
laughing???" Happiness

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

NobodyMan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:40:57 GMT, Time Cop <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off the
> >victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña
> >to win.
> >
> >"It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
> >long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and
> >he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
> >
> >P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.
>
> Readint the title of the post, I had a flashback to an old Saturday Night Live Commercial: John
> Belushi, competing in a decathlon, espousing his choice of cereal: little donuts (I can't remember
> if they were powdered or chocolate).
>
> They show him eating a big bowl full, then doing the pole vault - now that was SNL in it's prime!

Funny. I was thinking about this over the past couple days, without even having seen this thread.
It's "Little Chocolate Covered Doughnuts"

Maybe Lance got one of O'Grady's OGWGFIW-RT jersey's and took the "Power Rings" shoulder art
as a sign.

How do you recover in the off-season? I've probably put on a couple pounds and slacked off (travel
and a cold), but this weekend was hard work and I'll get more honest as the weeks go by.

Lookin' for that sweet spring sunshine and some fast miles.

Richard

> [snip]
>
> Saturday Night Live: John Belushi
>
> [snip]
>
> They show him eating a big bowl full, then doing the pole vault - now that was SNL in it's prime!

Yes, it was.