Donuts - Training Food Of Champions

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Time Cop, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Time Cop

    Time Cop New Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2003
    U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña to win.

    "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."

    P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off
    > the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or
    > Peña to win.
    >
    > "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
    > long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he
    > always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
    >
    > P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

    Johan is putting a pretty good spin on the situation. Regardless of what JB says, Krispy has his
    work cut out for him this season.

  3. "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off
    > the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or
    > Peña to win.
    >
    > "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
    > long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he
    > always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
    >
    > P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

    Screw the Lance pix - show me the Sheryl pictures!

  4. Nobodyman

    Nobodyman Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:40:57 GMT, Time Cop
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off
    >the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or
    >Peña to win.
    >
    >"It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very long
    >time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and he
    >always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
    >
    >P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.

    Readint the title of the post, I had a flashback to an old Saturday Night Live Commercial: John
    Belushi, competing in a decathlon, espousing his choice of cereal: little donuts (I can't remember
    if they were powdered or chocolate).

    They show him eating a big bowl full, then doing the pole vault - now that was SNL in it's prime!

  5. Time Cop

    Time Cop New Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2003
    Here you go:

    [​IMG]

  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    --B_3160234673_22859778 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

    On 2/21/04 6:35 PM, in article [email protected], "Time Cop" <usenet-
    [email protected]> wrote:

    > James Calivar wrote:
    >> Screw the Lance pix - show me the Sheryl pictures!

    http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l6.jpg

    http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l7.jpg

    http://fleacharyucko.com/sherylcrowboots.jpg

    http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow002.jp g

    http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow004.jp g

    http://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif

    http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/SherylCrow/images/SherylCrow012.jpg

    --B_3160234673_22859778 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding:
    quoted-printable

    <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Sheryl Crow pics (was: Re: Donuts)</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT
    FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>On 2/21/04 6:35 PM, in = article
    [email protected], "Time Cop" <= usenet-
    [email protected]> wrote:<BR> <BR> <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> James Calivar
    wrote:<BR> </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000">>> Screw the Lance pix - show me the She= ryl
    pictures!<BR> </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> <BR> > <BR> </FONT> <a
    href=3D"http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_cro=
    w_l6.jpg">http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l6.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
    href=3D"http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_=
    l7.jpg">http://scriverwide.tripod.com/sheryl_crow_l7.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
    href=3D"http://fleacharyucko.com/sherylcrowboots.j=
    pg">http://fleacharyucko.com/sherylcrowboots.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
    href=3D"http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gr=
    atis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow002.jpg">http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas=
    _gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow002.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
    href=3D"http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas_gr=
    atis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow004.jpg">http://www.famomix.com/famosas_desnudas=
    _gratis_resto/sheryl_crow/SCrow004.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <a
    href=3D"http://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif">htt=
    m://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif</a><BR> <BR> <a
    href=3D"http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/SherylCr=
    ow/images/SherylCrow012.jpg">http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/SherylCrow/im=
    ages/SherylCrow012.jpg</a><BR> <BR> <BR> </SPAN></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

    --B_3160234673_22859778--

  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off the
    > > victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña
    > > to win.
    > >
    > > "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
    > > long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and
    > > he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
    > >
    > > P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.
    >

    > Johan is putting a pretty good spin on the situation. Regardless of what JB says, Krispy has his
    > work cut out for him this season.

    Jeez, I thought Jan looked fat in his past early seasons until I saw Lance in Velonews today. Did he
    decide to get on the uber-diet of brats, beer, and German Chocolate Cake since Jan spanked him last
    year? He must have put back on 10 kilos in the off-season. He's got a double-chin, and what's up
    with that butt? I'm hearing Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts" in my head right now, cuz Lance is
    packing much back. Did you read that little side note in Velonews about him having to adjust his
    skinsuit during the TT? It's because his gut/butt are so big that skinsuit/chamois are stretched
    beyond their usefulness. BTW, that new TT position is not going to fix that gut getting in the way
    of his legs and those upper arms flapping in the wind. Did he somehow forget how to do pushups and
    curls? And you can't tell me that that table muscle is not from drinking plenty of Shiner Bock on
    the beach during spring training. He claims that Floyd is climbing better than him now--well no
    sh*t, Lance, look at your gut. Better yet, have you seen your Nike's lately? I'm not counting on TDF
    #6 if he's going to show up looking like Eddie Mercx.

    $.02

  8. Steve

    Steve Guest

    1) It is only FEBRUARY you assclown........

    On 2/21/04 8:21 PM, in article
    [email protected], "jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Jeez, I thought Jan looked fat in his past early seasons until I saw Lance in Velonews today. Did
    > he decide to get on the uber-diet of brats, beer, and German Chocolate Cake since Jan spanked him
    > last year? He must have put back on 10 kilos in the off-season. He's got a double-chin, and what's
    > up with that butt? I'm hearing Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts" in my head right now, cuz Lance is
    > packing much back. Did you read that little side note in Velonews about him having to adjust his
    > skinsuit during the TT? It's because his gut/butt are so big that skinsuit/chamois are stretched
    > beyond their usefulness. BTW, that new TT position is not going to fix that gut getting in the way
    > of his legs and those upper arms flapping in the wind. Did he somehow forget how to do pushups and
    > curls? And you can't tell me that that table muscle is not from drinking plenty of Shiner Bock on
    > the beach during spring training. He claims that Floyd is climbing better than him now--well no
    > sh*t, Lance, look at your gut. Better yet, have you seen your Nike's lately? I'm not counting on
    > TDF #6 if he's going to show up looking like Eddie Mercx.
    >
    > $.02

  9. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was
    surprised
    > > > Armstrong pulled off the victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at
    Volta
    > > > ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña to win.
    > > >
    > > > "It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
    > > > long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard
    > > > and he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
    > > >
    > > > P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him
    on
    > > > the podium.
    > >

    > > Johan is putting a pretty good spin on the situation. Regardless of
    what JB
    > > says, Krispy has his work cut out for him this season.
    >
    > Jeez, I thought Jan looked fat in his past early seasons until I saw Lance in Velonews today. Did
    > he decide to get on the uber-diet of brats, beer, and German Chocolate Cake since Jan spanked him
    > last year? He must have put back on 10 kilos in the off-season. He's got a double-chin, and what's
    > up with that butt? I'm hearing Sir Mix-a-lot "I like big butts" in my head right now, cuz Lance is
    > packing much back. Did you read that little side note in Velonews about him having to adjust his
    > skinsuit during the TT? It's because his gut/butt are so big that skinsuit/chamois are stretched
    > beyond their usefulness. BTW, that new TT position is not going to fix that gut getting in the way
    > of his legs and those upper arms flapping in the wind. Did he somehow forget how to do pushups and
    > curls? And you can't tell me that that table muscle is not from drinking plenty of Shiner Bock on
    > the beach during spring training. He claims that Floyd is climbing better than him now--well no
    > sh*t, Lance, look at your gut. Better yet, have you seen your Nike's lately? I'm not counting on
    > TDF #6 if he's going to show up looking like Eddie Mercx.
    >
    > $.02

    God, but you're cruel. I'll bet you he has liposuction in April when he's back in the US caring
    for his kids.

  10. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BC5D71EA.926EA%[email protected]...
    > 1) It is only FEBRUARY you assclown........

    Compare March 9, 2003: http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/mar03/murcia/stage5/cycling-spain-murcia-tou-
    32 With February 21, 2003: http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html and
    http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/updateframesetcall?openform&04algarveSt4

    Two more photos showing how Krispy was thinner in February, 2003:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/RL3 http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/mar03/murcia/stage4/cycling-spain-murcia-
    50

    Krispy has always been known for coming to February training camp and his season's first race with a
    minimal weight gain from the "off" month (season). The "good life" with Cheryl has taken a toll that
    he will now have to work to correct. But, I think you can see that your February comment is bullshit
    given Krispy's history.

    By ONE second over Landis and he didn't exactly rip the third tier field apart. But more
    importantly, I'd really be curious to see his SRM data as compared to the time trial at Murcia
    last year.

  11. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <BC5D71EA.926EA%[email protected]>,
    Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    > 1) It is only FEBRUARY you assclown........

    This is true, Steve, but remember the times that Jan had weight problems in February, and showed
    up at the Tour still struggling to get top form because of those problems.

    Sure, but you gotta admit the field isn't exactly overwhelming at this race.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
    laughing???" Happiness

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  12. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:57:53 GMT, Steve wrote:
    > > http://www.pr9000.net/blog/sheryl.gif
    >
    > Bad fake.

    Yeah, someone needs to brush up on their Photoshop blending skills.

    --

  13. NobodyMan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:40:57 GMT, Time Cop <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >U.S. Postal Service sport director Johan Bruyneel said he was surprised Armstrong pulled off the
    > >victory in Saturday's 24 km time trial at Volta ao Algarve. The Belgian expected Landis or Peña
    > >to win.
    > >
    > >"It's not bad for someone who's been eating doughnuts all winter," Bruyneel said. "It's a very
    > >long time trial for the first one of the year. Lance rode very smart. He didn't go too hard and
    > >he always maintained a good rhythm. I didn't expect Lance to race so well."
    > >
    > >P.S. Lance's girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, was there snapping pics of him on the podium.
    >
    > Readint the title of the post, I had a flashback to an old Saturday Night Live Commercial: John
    > Belushi, competing in a decathlon, espousing his choice of cereal: little donuts (I can't remember
    > if they were powdered or chocolate).
    >
    > They show him eating a big bowl full, then doing the pole vault - now that was SNL in it's prime!

    Funny. I was thinking about this over the past couple days, without even having seen this thread.
    It's "Little Chocolate Covered Doughnuts"

    Maybe Lance got one of O'Grady's OGWGFIW-RT jersey's and took the "Power Rings" shoulder art
    as a sign.

    How do you recover in the off-season? I've probably put on a couple pounds and slacked off (travel
    and a cold), but this weekend was hard work and I'll get more honest as the weeks go by.

    Lookin' for that sweet spring sunshine and some fast miles.

    Richard

  14. Onefred

    Onefred Guest

    > [snip]
    >
    > Saturday Night Live: John Belushi
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > They show him eating a big bowl full, then doing the pole vault - now that was SNL in it's prime!

    Yes, it was.