Doom, gloom, dispair

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sharon & Jack, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend I
    had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is usually the
    point at which I quit, but I can't, and I know that. Even if
    I gain. I thought about skipping, but I don't dare stay away
    until next week cause I'll never go back if I do.

    Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious - and
    everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts -
    with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use
    salsa instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar salad
    with homemade dressing............you get the drift?

    Sunday dinner here - same scenario.

    I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's almost
    like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a couple every
    day. Dang.

    I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.

    Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    start over.

    Sharon

    Tags:

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]:

    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend
    > I had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is usually
    > the point at which I quit, but I can't, and I know that.
    > Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but I don't dare
    > stay away until next week cause I'll never go back if I
    > do.
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get
    > the drift?
    >
    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    > black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's
    > almost like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a
    > couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

    Hi Sharon.

    You have a good attitude with the "Time to shake myself by
    the scruff of the neck and start over." What you need to
    internalize is that everyone falls off the wagon once in a
    while. You need to stop whatever damage has been done and
    pick up from there. You can't undo anything. You won't get
    ahead by beating yourself up or quitting. Wipe the slate
    clean and start over today.

    You are in this for the long haul, remember these are life
    changes, so a blip or 2 will not hurt in the long run. I had
    weeks where I lost 5 lbs and other where I gained 3 or 4. In
    the end I lost 146+. As Crush would say "Dude, focus dude."

    -----
    Chris Started Weight Watchers February 2002:
    332.4/187.8/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03

  3. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Aw - hang in there. It's not the end of the world. Hey - at least you were
    able to make better choices - salsa over butter. It's all a learning
    journey - a slow one at that - but you'll get there :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    2001 ...a little stuck at present...

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]...
    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI
    tonight).
    > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > been with WW 2
    weeks!
    > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping,
    > but I don't dare stay away
    until
    > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    drift?

    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered
    looking
    > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > decided if I add
    cremora
    > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    > So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

  4. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Sharon & Jack wrote:

    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend
    > I had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is
    > usually the point at which I quit, but I can't, and I
    > know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but
    > I don't dare stay away until next week cause I'll never

    Never skip! Not unless you are at death's door with the
    dreaded lurgi... ;)

    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get
    > the drift?

    The chicken is ok, but that sauce could certainly stack a
    few points! But you DID make some good choices, so be
    encouraged.

    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.

    Not to worry: my WW leader says if you stick to it 5 days a
    week, you can still lose weight. It'll be slower, but you
    can still lose.

    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    > black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's
    > almost like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a
    > couple every day. Dang.

    Rats! Hidden points are a pain! I like my coffee black too,
    but occasionally put a dollop of milk in it.

    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.

    Don't be: just start a new day tomorrow.

    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

    I had a 5 point slice of simnel Cake on Sunday: delicious,
    and worth every point. I'd saved a few up, just in case, and
    used most of them. This is the nice thing about WW: you CAN
    do the occasional splurge without doing too much damage to
    the program.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  5. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Well, like everyone has said..... All of us who are at goal
    had multiple weeks where we gained. I even gained 6 pounds
    one week. Don't Quit!!!!!!! Despite gaining about 10 weeks
    out of the 78 it took me, I lost from 246 to my goal of 159.
    And I had already lost over 100 more about 10 years before
    my rejoin that I did not gain back. This Works. But I never
    met anyone at goal who had not had some weeks of gain.

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]...
    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI
    tonight).
    > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > been with WW 2
    weeks!
    > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping,
    > but I don't dare stay away
    until
    > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    drift?

    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered
    looking
    > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > decided if I add
    cremora
    > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    > So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

  6. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Sharon:

    Be kind to yourself. No use beating yourself up. Get back on
    program and don't dwell on what is done. Figure you how you
    can handle it better next time and move on. Everyone here
    has a story about when they counted something wrong. No
    worries. Today is a new day!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

    Sharon & Jack wrote:
    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend
    > I had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is
    > usually the point at which I quit, but I can't, and I
    > know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but
    > I don't dare stay away until next week cause I'll never
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get
    > the drift?
    >
    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    > black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's
    > almost like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a
    > couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

  7. Ditto all the previous posts. For this to become a way of
    eating for life, you have to make mistakes, learn by
    experience, etc. And sometimes what you think is a bad week
    turns out not to be such a disaster on the scale.

    Don't get so angry with yourself that you quit in self-
    disgust. Use the energy of your anger to motivate yourself.
    No guilt, and move on.

    Linda P

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:18:44 GMT, "Sharon & Jack"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    >something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend I
    >had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is usually
    >the point at which I quit, but I can't, and I know that.
    >Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but I don't dare
    >stay away until next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    >Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious - and
    >everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts
    >- with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use
    >salsa instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar salad
    >with homemade dressing............you get the drift?
    >
    >Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    >I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    >bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    >black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's
    >almost like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a
    >couple every day. Dang.
    >
    >I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    >Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    >start over.
    >
    >Sharon

  8. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups. Actually for
    someone who has only been on the program for 2 weeks you
    made some excellent choices. You are headed in the right
    direction. Just remember that not every meal will be
    perfect. Take one day at a time and continue to do the best
    you can. One day something will click in your head and
    you'll find yourself making these good choices
    automatically.

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]...
    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI
    tonight).
    > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > been with WW 2
    weeks!
    > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping,
    > but I don't dare stay away
    until
    > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    drift?

    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered
    looking
    > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > decided if I add
    cremora
    > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    > So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

  9. DO NOT be angry with yourself, think about how the week went, OK it sucked,
    but... look at what you learned, incorporate what you learned and move on,
    try and improve on last week if it is better then the week you so did not
    like was not a failure but rather a learning experience. You are doing well
    not to skip, that is what keeps me going, missing, eating and missing again
    is the disaster I invision for myself if I ever miss, good luck to you, Lee
    Sharon & Jack <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]...
    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI
    tonight).
    > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > been with WW 2
    weeks!
    > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping,
    > but I don't dare stay away
    until
    > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    drift?

    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered
    looking
    > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > decided if I add
    cremora
    > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    > So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

  10. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Sharon,

    You're human....just like everyone else on this journey-
    betcha didn't know that? ;-)

    I see a NSV-salsa instead of butter. In case you are keeping
    score, that's one point for the "getting to a better way of
    eating" side.

    Be kind to yourself, you deserve it!

    Julie

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]...
    > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > something (WI
    tonight).
    > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > been with WW 2
    weeks!
    > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping,
    > but I don't dare stay away
    until
    > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    > breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    > (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    > Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    drift?

    > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > bothered
    looking
    > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > decided if I add
    cremora
    > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    > So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    >
    > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > start over.
    >
    > Sharon

  11. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Don't be p***ed at yourself Sharon, life happens. We all go
    through good days and bad days. Use the experience and learn
    from it, which it sounds like you already have. If you enjoy
    that coffeemate in your coffee, then go ahead and use it.
    Maybe cut it down to one cup like this a day, so it's a
    treat. You've acknowledged your trouble spots this past
    week, now you can move on. And a huge congrats to you for
    not skipping your weigh in! Another victory in facing the
    music and moving on! That's what is so wonderful about ww.
    We are allowed to *live*, just get back to things as soon as
    we are able. Good luck to you this week.

    Joyce

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    >something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend I
    >had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is usually
    >the point at which I quit, but I can't, and I know that.
    >Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but I don't dare
    >stay away until next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >
    >Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious - and
    >everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts
    >- with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use
    >salsa instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar salad
    >with homemade dressing............you get the drift?
    >
    >Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >
    >I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    >bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    >black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's
    >almost like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a
    >couple every day. Dang.
    >
    >I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >
    >Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    >start over.
    >
    >Sharon

  12. Well, WI is over. I didn't lose, but I also didn't gain. And
    DD lost another 3+ pounds.

    You guys are the greatest. I really appreciate your support.
    I think you may keep me going this time.

    Sharon "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups. Actually for
    > someone who has only been on the program for 2 weeks you
    > made some excellent choices. You are headed in the right
    > direction. Just remember that not every meal will
    be
    > perfect. Take one day at a time and continue to do the
    > best you can. One
    day
    > something will click in your head and you'll find yourself
    > making these
    good
    > choices automatically.
    >
    > "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]
    > hlink.net...
    > > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > > something (WI
    > tonight).
    > > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > > been with WW 2
    > weeks!
    > > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about
    > > skipping, but I don't dare stay away
    > until
    > > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    > >
    > > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > > and everyone
    there
    > > is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts - with basil
    > > garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use salsa
    > > instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar salad with
    > > homemade dressing............you get the
    > drift?
    > >
    > > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    > >
    > > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never
    > > even bothered
    > looking
    > > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > > decided if I add
    > cremora
    > > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I
    > > love. So I've had
    > > couple every day. Dang.
    > >
    > > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    > >
    > > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > > start over.
    > >
    > > Sharon

  13. Guess I should have told about that 18 point egg nog latte?? Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ditto all the previous posts. For this to become a way of
    > eating for life, you have to make mistakes, learn by
    > experience, etc. And sometimes what you think is a bad
    > week turns out not to be such a disaster on the scale.
    >
    > Don't get so angry with yourself that you quit in self-
    > disgust. Use the energy of your anger to motivate
    > yourself. No guilt, and move on.
    >
    > Linda P
    >
    > On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:18:44 GMT, "Sharon & Jack"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > >something (WI
    tonight).
    > >I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > >been with WW 2
    weeks!
    > >This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    > >and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about
    > >skipping, but I don't dare stay away
    until
    > >next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    > >
    > >Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    > >and everyone
    there
    > >is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts - with basil
    > >garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use salsa
    > >instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar salad with
    > >homemade dressing............you get the
    drift?

    > >Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    > >
    > >I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    > >bothered
    looking
    > >it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > >decided if I add
    cremora
    > >and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    > >So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    > >
    > >I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    > >
    > >Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > >start over.
    > >
    > >Sharon

  14. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Well said! I'm constantly swaying up and down, figure it's
    just going to be the story of my life now. The best we can
    hope for is live, learn and recover.

    Joyce

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:54:33 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well, like everyone has said..... All of us who are at
    >goal had multiple weeks where we gained. I even gained 6
    >pounds one week. Don't Quit!!!!!!! Despite gaining about
    >10 weeks out of the 78 it took me, I lost from 246 to my
    >goal of 159. And I had already lost over 100 more about 10
    >years before my rejoin that I did not gain back. This
    >Works. But I never met anyone at goal who had not had some
    >weeks of gain.
    >

    >"Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >message news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]
    >hlink.net...
    >> I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    >> something (WI
    >tonight).
    >> I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    >> been with WW 2
    >weeks!
    >> This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    >> and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about
    >> skipping, but I don't dare stay away
    >until
    >> next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >>
    >> Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    >> and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    >> breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked
    >> potatoes (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of
    >> butter). Caesar salad with homemade
    >> dressing............you get the
    >drift?
    >>
    >> Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >>
    >> I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    >> bothered
    >looking
    >> it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    >> decided if I add
    >cremora
    >> and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I love.
    >> So I've had a couple every day. Dang.
    >>
    >> I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >>
    >> Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    >> start over.
    >>
    >> Sharon

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    LOL! Like my just discovering a few days ago that I've spent
    over a year counting my spinach pizza wrong?!?!?! And yet we
    all still were/are able to get right back on track. No sense
    in beating ourselves silly over goofy little mistakes.

    Joyce

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:27:14 -0500, Connie
    <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote:

    >Sharon:
    >
    >Be kind to yourself. No use beating yourself up. Get back
    >on program and don't dwell on what is done. Figure you how
    >you can handle it better next time and move on. Everyone
    >here has a story about when they counted something wrong.
    >No worries. Today is a new day!!
    >
    >--
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Connie Walsh
    >
    >241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198
    >
    >Sharon & Jack wrote:
    >> I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    >> something (WI tonight). I can't believe how bad a weekend
    >> I had, and I've only been with WW 2 weeks! This is
    >> usually the point at which I quit, but I can't, and I
    >> know that. Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but
    >> I don't dare stay away until next week cause I'll never
    >>
    >> Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    >> and everyone there is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken
    >> breasts - with basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes
    >> (I did use salsa instead of my usual stick of butter).
    >> Caesar salad with homemade dressing............you get
    >> the drift?
    >>
    >> Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >>
    >> I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never even
    >> bothered looking it up, because I usually drink my coffee
    >> black, but decided if I add cremora and Splenda, it's
    >> almost like a Frappacino. Which I love. So I've had a
    >> couple every day. Dang.
    >>
    >> I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >>
    >> Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    >> start over.
    >>
    >> Sharon

  16. Congrats to you for maintaining. Congrats to your DD for her
    very nice loss.

    Weighing in, even when you think you've done poorly, is
    essential. Being honest with yourself, holding yourself
    accountable, facing the truth, and moving on without guilt
    are just as important lessons to learn as the lessons in
    food choices and portion control.

    Just keep going. Laura said it best: Not every meal will
    be perfect. Take one day, one meal, at a time. Do the
    best you can.

    Linda P

    On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:46:22 GMT, "Sharon & Jack"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well, WI is over. I didn't lose, but I also didn't gain.
    >And DD lost another 3+ pounds.
    >
    >You guys are the greatest. I really appreciate your
    >support. I think you may keep me going this time.
    >
    >Sharon "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    >> Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups. Actually for
    >> someone who has only been on the program for 2 weeks you
    >> made some excellent choices. You are headed in the right
    >> direction. Just remember that not every meal will
    >be
    >> perfect. Take one day at a time and continue to do the
    >> best you can. One
    >day
    >> something will click in your head and you'll find
    >> yourself making these
    >good
    >> choices automatically.
    >>
    >> "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]
    >> hlink.net...
    >> > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    >> > something (WI
    >> tonight).
    >> > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    >> > been with WW 2
    >> weeks!
    >> > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    >> > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about
    >> > skipping, but I don't dare stay away
    >> until
    >> > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >> >
    >> > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    >> > and everyone
    >there
    >> > is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts - with
    >> > basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use
    >> > salsa instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar
    >> > salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    >> drift?
    >> >
    >> > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >> >
    >> > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never
    >> > even bothered
    >> looking
    >> > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    >> > decided if I add
    >> cremora
    >> > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I
    >> > love. So I've had
    >> > couple every day. Dang.
    >> >
    >> > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >> >
    >> > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    >> > start over.
    >> >
    >> > Sharon

  17. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Wow great job on the maintain when you thought not. !

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, WI is over. I didn't lose, but I also didn't gain.
    > And DD lost another 3+ pounds.
    >
    > You guys are the greatest. I really appreciate your
    > support. I think you may keep me going this time.
    >
    > Sharon "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups. Actually for
    > > someone who has only been on the program for 2 weeks you
    > > made some excellent choices.
    You
    > > are headed in the right direction. Just remember that
    > > not every meal
    will
    > be
    > > perfect. Take one day at a time and continue to do the
    > > best you can. One
    > day
    > > something will click in your head and you'll find
    > > yourself making these
    > good
    > > choices automatically.
    > >
    > > "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]
    > > thlink.net...
    > > > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > > > something (WI
    > > tonight).
    > > > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > > > been with WW 2
    > > weeks!
    > > > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I
    > > > can't, and I know
    that.
    > > > Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but I don't
    > > > dare stay away
    > > until
    > > > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    > > >
    > > > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious
    > > > - and everyone
    > there
    > > > is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts - with
    > > > basil garlic
    butter
    > > > sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use salsa instead of my
    > > > usual stick of butter). Caesar salad with homemade
    > > > dressing............you get the
    > > drift?
    > > >
    > > > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    > > >
    > > > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never
    > > > even bothered
    > > looking
    > > > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > > > decided if I add
    > > cremora
    > > > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I
    > > > love. So I've
    had
    > > > couple every day. Dang.
    > > >
    > > > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    > > >
    > > > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > > > start over.
    > > >
    > > > Sharon

  18. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Maintain is terrific given what you THINK you did wrong -
    living. Just restart at the earliest possible time. Congrats
    to your husband.

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well, WI is over. I didn't lose, but I also didn't gain.
    >And DD lost another 3+ pounds.
    >
    >You guys are the greatest. I really appreciate your
    >support. I think you may keep me going this time.
    >
    >Sharon "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    >> Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups. Actually for
    >> someone who has only been on the program for 2 weeks you
    >> made some excellent choices. You are headed in the right
    >> direction. Just remember that not every meal will
    >be
    >> perfect. Take one day at a time and continue to do the
    >> best you can. One
    >day
    >> something will click in your head and you'll find
    >> yourself making these
    >good
    >> choices automatically.
    >>
    >> "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]
    >> hlink.net...
    >> > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    >> > something (WI
    >> tonight).
    >> > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    >> > been with WW 2
    >> weeks!
    >> > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I can't,
    >> > and I know that. Even if I gain. I thought about
    >> > skipping, but I don't dare stay away
    >> until
    >> > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    >> >
    >> > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious -
    >> > and everyone
    >there
    >> > is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts - with
    >> > basil garlic butter sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use
    >> > salsa instead of my usual stick of butter). Caesar
    >> > salad with homemade dressing............you get the
    >> drift?
    >> >
    >> > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    >> >
    >> > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never
    >> > even bothered
    >> looking
    >> > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    >> > decided if I add
    >> cremora
    >> > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I
    >> > love. So I've had
    >> > couple every day. Dang.
    >> >
    >> > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    >> >
    >> > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    >> > start over.
    >> >
    >> > Sharon

  19. wonderful for DD. See you paid a no gain price for your learning, that is
    excellent, good luck this week, Lee
    Sharon & Jack <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, WI is over. I didn't lose, but I also didn't gain.
    > And DD lost another 3+ pounds.
    >
    > You guys are the greatest. I really appreciate your
    > support. I think you may keep me going this time.
    >
    > Sharon "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups. Actually for
    > > someone who has only been on the program for 2 weeks you
    > > made some excellent choices.
    You
    > > are headed in the right direction. Just remember that
    > > not every meal
    will
    > be
    > > perfect. Take one day at a time and continue to do the
    > > best you can. One
    > day
    > > something will click in your head and you'll find
    > > yourself making these
    > good
    > > choices automatically.
    > >
    > > "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:UV13c.9490$%[email protected]
    > > thlink.net...
    > > > I feel like I'm about to go to the truant officer or
    > > > something (WI
    > > tonight).
    > > > I can't believe how bad a weekend I had, and I've only
    > > > been with WW 2
    > > weeks!
    > > > This is usually the point at which I quit, but I
    > > > can't, and I know
    that.
    > > > Even if I gain. I thought about skipping, but I don't
    > > > dare stay away
    > > until
    > > > next week cause I'll never go back if I do.
    > > >
    > > > Saturday we went to SIL for dinner - always delicious
    > > > - and everyone
    > there
    > > > is skinny. Grilled skinless chicken breasts - with
    > > > basil garlic
    butter
    > > > sauce. Baked potatoes (I did use salsa instead of my
    > > > usual stick of butter). Caesar salad with homemade
    > > > dressing............you get the
    > > drift?
    > > >
    > > > Sunday dinner here - same scenario.
    > > >
    > > > I also discovered that coffemate is a point. I never
    > > > even bothered
    > > looking
    > > > it up, because I usually drink my coffee black, but
    > > > decided if I add
    > > cremora
    > > > and Splenda, it's almost like a Frappacino. Which I
    > > > love. So I've
    had
    > > > couple every day. Dang.
    > > >
    > > > I am sooooooo p***ed at myself.
    > > >
    > > > Time to shake myself by the scruff of the neck and
    > > > start over.
    > > >
    > > > Sharon

  20. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Sharon:

    Glad to hear you didn't gain!! Congrats to you and your DD!!