Doom is Near!

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Well, the Large Hadron Collider got around to colliding proton beams today. By Christmas, they're likely to be operating at very high energies. Then the search is on.....maybe even for the particle that gives life-force to lettuce.

But really, what we're all should be concerned about is the size of the black hole that's generated! Will it affect skiing in the area? Will it taint Swiss chocolate? Will fromage become too fromagey? Which expert whacko's should we listen to? Does looking for the "god" particle make you a sinner? Why didn't all the physicists working on the LHC instead get different, less cataclysmic degrees? Business management never destroyed the Earth. Is it coincidence that all of this is starting just a short time before 2012? It's time for someone to step up and answer these critical questions! I need to know what I should put in my LHC survival kit! Which sunblock protects you from anti-matter the best? Does a strange matter sighting fall under the "stranger danger" thing?

Large%20Hadron%20Collider.jpg

Is strange matter less strange than really freakish whacko matter?

On the bright side, it's gotten gansta rappers off the streets and given them more constructive inspiration.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

alienator said:
Why didn't all the physicists working on the LHC instead get different, less cataclysmic degrees? Business management never destroyed the Earth.
Large%20Hadron%20Collider.jpg

True, Business Management never destroyed the Earth... just the enonomy! :mad:
Funny post though. I like the cartoon.

So, both legs are the same size, and it keeps knocking it's head together?

taniwha said:
So, both legs are the same size, and it keeps knocking it's head together?

One the one hand, no, but on the other hand, the middle thing might be right.

You do know that the LHC broke down - because a bird dropped a baguette inside the LHC!

So? Is there a point in there somewhere? LHC is functioning now. Thanks for the news rerun, though.

alienator said:
So? Is there a point in there somewhere? LHC is functioning now. Thanks for the news rerun, though.

I'm making the point that even the most sophisticated piece of engineering technology can come a cropper because of a simple mistake.

No need to be defensive.

alienator said:
One the one hand, no, but on the other hand, the middle thing might be right.

No, it was the case, why does a mouse when it spins?

limerickman said:
I'm making the point that even the most sophisticated piece of engineering technology can come a cropper because of a simple mistake.

No need to be defensive.

Not defensive, just wondering what you're point was. Technically it's not a mistake when nature intervenes like that. It's a case of $hit happens. A mistake is more like when good, honest cycling coaches dope their young riders, leading the riders the wrong way.

taniwha said:
No, it was the case, why does a mouse when it spins?

The mouse does because of a lack of resources and no opportunities for social advancement. It's a classic case of non-classical kismet.

alienator said:
The mouse does because of a lack of resources and no opportunities for social advancement. It's a classic case of non-classical kismet.

Be that so, but the ultimate definition of this is that either sun is less hot.
I'm certain that this may be the case, or else some social opportunity was crabbed.

taniwha said:
Be that so, but the ultimate definition of this is that either sun is less hot.
I'm certain that this may be the case, or else some social opportunity was crabbed.

Contextually that's incorrect, as originally the context was almost unentirely not quite what has been discussed.

Throw THAT up against a beaver dam and wear it.

alienator said:
Contextually that's incorrect, as originally the context was almost unentirely not quite what has been discussed.

Throw THAT up against a beaver dam and wear it.

Is a "beaver dam" like a dutch cap? If it is, I can't wear it as my ongoing opposition to latex is more than 100,000.

I'm certain the LHC will render me fertile.

taniwha said:
Is a "beaver dam" like a dutch cap? If it is, I can't wear it as my ongoing opposition to latex is more than 100,000.

I'm certain the LHC will render me fertile.

Yes, it's like a dutch cap, but it's entirely different in every way possible. When you mentioned "fertile", I threw up a bit in my mouth.

alienator said:
Yes, it's like a dutch cap, but it's entirely different in every way possible. When you mentioned "fertile", I threw up a bit in my mouth.

Visit the vomitorium now.
I will be fertile, fecundant and breeding like a bunny if all goes to plan.