Doping and the news.

Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> TritonRider wrote:
> > Why is it when it's cycling it's everywhere and the cops are playing gestapo,
> > but when it's someone else it's really low key?
> > http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S6/sport_Lng0_Spo6_Sto581512.shtml
> > Bill C

> I think it's mostly everywhere in rbr. I'm sure more people (in the
> states at least) know about Jason Giambi and Balco than know about Pantani.
>
> Steve

I hadn't heard about Giambi being linked to Balco, though he played
for Oakland and it would have been a short drive to the supplier.
Mostly I'm hearing about Balco and Track & Field, but Manzano appeared
to indicate THG was among the Kelme drug pool.

Bonds initially denied anything, then said he took whatever
supplements his trainer gave him (and he trusted the trainer), but it
does seem a bit like Virenque "I didn't take drugs" -> "I may have,
but not intentionally" -> "Ok, I did and I'm sorry."

I'm expecting a bombshell to come out of the racing pigeon community
any day now.

On 30 Apr 2004 11:14:04 -0700, [email protected] (Richard Adams)
wrote:

>Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> TritonRider wrote:
>> > Why is it when it's cycling it's everywhere and the cops are playing gestapo,
>> > but when it's someone else it's really low key?
>> > http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S6/sport_Lng0_Spo6_Sto581512.shtml
>> > Bill C

Chambers has been pretty high profile in the UK, Bill. He was captain
of the GB athletics team and T&F is a major sport here.

To some extent he's seen as a "victim" of his coach and a devious US
supplement company - us Brits would never knowingly dope, would we?

Regards!
Stephen

Richard Adams wrote:
> Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > TritonRider wrote:
> > > Why is it when it's cycling it's everywhere and the cops are playing
> > > gestapo, but when it's someone else it's really low key? http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/-
> > > http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/-
> > > L0/S6/sport_Lng0_Spo6_Sto581512.shtml Bill C

> > I think it's mostly everywhere in rbr. I'm sure more people (in
> > the states at least) know about Jason Giambi and Balco than know
> > about Pantani.
> >
> > Steve

> I hadn't heard about Giambi being linked to Balco, though he played for
> Oakland and it would have been a short drive to the supplier. Mostly I'm
> hearing about Balco and Track & Field, but Manzano appeared to indicate
> THG was among the Kelme drug pool.
> Bonds initially denied anything, then said he took whatever supplements
> his trainer gave him (and he trusted the trainer), but it does seem a
> bit like Virenque "I didn't take drugs" -> "I may have, but not
> intentionally" -> "Ok, I did and I'm sorry."
> I'm expecting a bombshell to come out of the racing pigeon community
> any day now.

Giambi was called in front of the Grand Jury as was Sheffield. It was a
big topic in Yankees spring training. The SF chronicle reported that
they had proof of all three: Bonds, Shef, and Giambi recieving steroids.

[email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:

> I'm expecting a bombshell to come out of the racing pigeon community
> any day now.

Have you looked at the hood of your car yet today?

--
tanx,
Howard

"Moby **** was a work of art, What the hell happened?"

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On 04/30/2004 01:42 PM, in article
[email protected], "lazysegall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Giambi was called in front of the Grand Jury as was Sheffield.

I have never been in front of a Grand Jury ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:
>

>>I'm expecting a bombshell to come out of the racing pigeon community
>>any day now.

> Have you looked at the hood of your car yet today?

That's the usual seagull ****. I figure THG Pigeon **** should leave a
bigger dent.

In article <BCB87790.2E920%[email protected]>,
"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 04/30/2004 01:42 PM, in article
> [email protected], "lazysegall"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Giambi was called in front of the Grand Jury as was Sheffield.

> I have never been in front of a Grand Jury ...

So you've missed out on the excitement of a perp walk?

--
tanx,
Howard

"Moby **** was a work of art, What the hell happened?"

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On 04/30/2004 11:14 PM, in article
[email protected], "Howard Kveck"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <BCB87790.2E920%[email protected]>,
> "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On 04/30/2004 01:42 PM, in article
>> [email protected], "lazysegall"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Giambi was called in front of the Grand Jury as was Sheffield.

>> I have never been in front of a Grand Jury ...

> So you've missed out on the excitement of a perp walk?

Thankfully.

I've also missed out on the excitement of dropping the torch on national
television, which another one of my namesakes did before the Atlanta
Olympics.