Doping Documentary: Bigger, Stronger, Faster

C'dale Girl

May 22, 2007
Hope I'm not duplicating another thread, but I didn't see one. In case people aren't aware and this hasn't been discussed, a documentary regarding doping in sports is coming out. Apparently, the guy is on the PR trail and was on the Today Show yesterday morning giving his spiel. He actually argues for legalization of steroids (after all, they're natural hormones that the human body produces without any evidence of being harmful :confused: ), while also claiming he himself has never used. Seems odd that he'd be so passionate about the subject that he'd make a documentary about it, if he's never even used steroids himself. :rolleyes:

C'dale Girl said:
Hope I'm not duplicating another thread, but I didn't see one. In case people aren't aware and this hasn't been discussed, a documentary regarding doping in sports is coming out. Apparently, the guy is on the PR trail and was on the Today Show yesterday morning giving his spiel. He actually argues for legalization of steroids (after all, they're natural hormones that the human body produces without any evidence of being harmful :confused: ), while also claiming he himself has never used. Seems odd that he'd be so passionate about the subject that he'd make a documentary about it, if he's never even used steroids himself. :rolleyes:
:confused: The article you linked says that Bell (the producer of the documentary) did try steroids, and that he stopped using them since he felt guilty. So, his documentary actually says that there is no evidence of any harmful effects from steroids??? The article you linked lists a few. If this dude is so clueless, don't see any point in watching it.

TheDarkLord said:
:confused: The article you linked says that Bell (the producer of the documentary) did try steroids, and that he stopped using them since he felt guilty. So, his documentary actually says that there is no evidence of any harmful effects from steroids??? The article you linked lists a few. If this dude is so clueless, don't see any point in watching it.
That's interesting because here he says he didn't use, but his two brothers did. He admits one is still addicted and the other has quit and gone on to perform well without using.

I didn't catch that he claimed usage in the CBS article. Very strange. What I find more interesting though is the fact that this guy managed to get on the Today show (albeit it the Sunday Show) and seems to be getting some face time to push his docmentary. That is odd to me.

The body also produces urine and feces naturally. I wonder if he thinks we should make those available on the grocery shelf. :eek:

Well, upon second read, that second article I linked said he DOES not use and later mentions his two BROTHERS ultimately did, thereby inferring that his brothers did but he did not. It's ambiguous really, so it could go either way I suppose.

Either way, I find it strange that he's getting press time.

jhuskey said:
The body also produces urine and feces naturally. I wonder if he thinks we should make those available on the grocery shelf. :eek:
Skunk and deer deterrent. ;)

jhuskey said:
Classic jhusk, as usual! :D

C'dale Girl said:
Well, upon second read, that second article I linked said he DOES not use and later mentions his two BROTHERS ultimately did, thereby inferring that his brothers did but he did not. It's ambiguous really, so it could go either way I suppose.
It is still misleading - here is a quote from the second article: "The trio dreamed of wrestling or bodybuilding fame, and like their childhood heroes, Bell's brothers eventually turned to illegal steroid use". No mention of how he himself also tried steroids.

Maybe the reason he is getting some press time is that legalising steroids would be ..... convenient to come people?

C'dale Girl said:

Either way, I find it strange that he's getting press time.
so why you contributing to his further press time.

Good ol' US o' A, morning show TV. Gotta filla up wit junk!

TheDarkLord said:
It is still misleading - here is a quote from the second article: "The trio dreamed of wrestling or bodybuilding fame, and like their childhood heroes, Bell's brothers eventually turned to illegal steroid use". No mention of how he himself also tried steroids.

Maybe the reason he is getting some press time is that legalising steroids would be ..... convenient to come people?
Yeah, definitely misleading . . . manipulative if intentional as it seems it could be.

C'dale Girl said:
Good one C'girl. You come on this forum, masquerading as an American mum for a few months, when really you are the guy on this show... and your whole agenda was to plug this TV show all along...

Crankyfeet said:
Good one C'girl. You come on this forum, masquerading as an American mum for a few months, when really you are the guy on this show... and your whole agenda was to plug this TV show all along...

Funny, I thought about making a similar comment in response to some random noise I heard, but then I remembered my New Year's Resolution: not to take the bait in '08. ;)

But, since you brought it up Cranky, I hardly think a random thread on this innocuous cycling forum is going to drum up a bunch of positive attention for the guy. ;)

People are so paranoid around here, and so presumptous to think that this place actually has a great deal of influence on the outside world. :rolleyes:

And, Cranky, what happened to being down wit me and our gang, homie? Did you forget the gang mentality bro?

TheDarkLord said:
Classic jhusk, as usual! :D

I actually expected someone to come back and say that it is available in your grocery store ,just packaged attractively.

C'dale Girl said:
Funny, I thought about making a similar comment in response to some random noise I heard, but then I remembered my New Year's Resolution: not to take the bait in '08. ;)

But, since you brought it up Cranky, I hardly think a random thread on this innocuous cycling forum is going to drum up a bunch of positive attention for the guy. ;)

People are so paranoid around here, and so presumptous to think that this place actually has a great deal of influence on the outside world. :rolleyes:

And, Cranky, what happened to being down wit me and our gang, homie? Did you forget the gang mentality bro?
Okkaaay! One New Years resolution down the drain for C'Girl. How many did you make that are still not broken? :p

TheDarkLord said:
Okkaaay! One New Years resolution down the drain for C'Girl. How many did you make that are still not broken? :p
It's a work in progress TDL. And, you have no idea how many responses I had that I let go, so instead of your admonition and assumption that I failed, you should actually be giving me a :).

C'dale Girl said:
It's a work in progress TDL. And, you have no idea how many responses I had that I let go, so instead of your admonition and assumption that I failed, you should actually be giving me a :).
Ok, I shall give you a ":)" for surviving one month. ;)

BTW, apologies for hijacking the thread, although that was really started by Cranky.

TheDarkLord said:
Ok, I shall give you a ":)" for surviving one month. ;)

BTW, apologies for hijacking the thread, although that was really started by Cranky.
LOL...:p You sound like mum's caught you with your hand in the cookie jar and your trying to blame it on your little brother.

C'dale Girl said:
Methinks TDL might be a bit of a perfectionist...I can say this because I am one...

jhuskey said:
I actually expected someone to come back and say that it is available in your grocery store ,just packaged attractively.
Well, you can buy deer pee in the store....don't know how attractive the package is though...