Doping on Cofidis?

thecyclist

Aug 30, 2006
One of their riders was busted for doping in the TDF and now they are dominating the Eneco Tour Astana-style:

Prologue
----------
1 Michiel Elijzen (Ned) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 6.09 (49.706km/h)2 Juan Antonio Flecha Giannoni (Spa) Rabobank 0.01
3 Johan Van Summeren (Bel) Predictor - Lotto 0.02
4 Tyler Farrar (USA) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 0.03
5 Nick Nuyens (Bel) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 0.05

6 Servais Knaven (Ned) T-Mobile Team 0.07
7 Rik Verbrugghe (Bel) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone

Stage 1
---------
1 Nick Nuyens (Bel) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 4.42.38 (40.22 km/h)
2 Thomas Dekker (Ned) Rabobank
3 José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
4 David Millar (GBr) Saunier Duval - Prodir

Cofidis has always doped. A long history of drug cheating and lying.

Frank Vandenbrouk
Lance Armstrong
David Millar
Phillip Gaumont
Robert Sassone

Everyone on Cofidis dopes, else they are sacked. No exceptions for English speaker riders either.

Hein-Verbruggen said:
Cofidis has always doped. A long history of drug cheating and lying.

Frank Vandenbrouk
Lance Armstrong
David Millar
Phillip Gaumont
Robert Sassone

Everyone on Cofidis dopes, else they are sacked. No exceptions for English speaker riders either.
sorry to get all patriotic but does that include Stuart O'Grady, or is that why he left?

thecyclist said:
One of their riders was busted for doping in the TDF and now they are dominating the Eneco Tour Astana-style:

Prologue
----------
1 Michiel Elijzen (Ned) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 6.09 (49.706km/h)2 Juan Antonio Flecha Giannoni (Spa) Rabobank 0.01

Stage 1
---------
Aside from the doping scandals at Cofidis, it's the freaking Eneco Tour. All the good riders are tired from the Tour or preparing for the Vuelta, and riders like McEwen are genuinely angry they are there.

hoggy said:
sorry to get all patriotic but does that include Stuart O'Grady, or is that why he left?
don't worry (although it's hard because he is really very irritating) about Hein-Verbruggen aka Holocaust, aka Doctor.House, aka Flyers.Finale, aka Flyer.

In his conspiracy theory bookwork, if you have ever raced then therefore you dope and if retired then you still dope.

If you watch cycle racing and enjoy it then your a doping apologist.
(whatever that really means, apologising for dopers I guess. doesn't really make sense.)

He never posts any proof of his accusations that is outside general media, a simple google search can suffice. Just rambles on the same thing over and over. Never answers questions regarding background and if he has any real insider knowledge.

Thats it in a nutshell.

oh yeah! speaking of nuts, he is one. :rolleyes:

thecyclist said:

Prologue
----------

Stage 1
---------
No there is no systematic doping at Cofidis. Look at their results. Dominating the Eneco-Tour? Well if the rain during the prologue is doping...

There are NO cycling heroes---only media cover artists, drug cheats and naive & commercial apologists.

From Jan Ulrich to Lance Pharmstrong to Benoit Joachim to Frankie Andreu to Phillip Gaumont to Eddie Merckx to Jacques Anquetil. They all doped.

There are no clean U-23s either.

cyclingheroes said:
No there is no systematic doping at Cofidis. Look at their results. Dominating the Eneco-Tour? Well if the rain during the prologue is doping...

jsull14 said:
Merckx doped? Dinosaur blood?
I am curious what the person behind Hein Verbruggen takes when he is posting on the forum. If you read his posts... it must be good stuff.

snood said:
Including David Moncoutie. He gets syringes in his mussette.
Wrong. If there's one French clean rider it's Moncoutié. Or please show me evidence of opposite.

Hein-Verbruggen said:
His dirty Cofidis uniform labels him a drug cheat.

PROOF = Swoosh
The Independent - 16th July 2004
"FOR THE second time in 24 hours, a Frenchman celebrated a lone win in the Tour when David Moncoutie returned to his roots with a solo victory here in his native departement of Lot.

A win by a coureur regional - a rider whose birthplace coincides with wherever the Tour happens to be at the time - is rare enough, but Moncoutie's first bouquet had an unusual parfum about it for other reasons, too. In his eight-year career, there has never been the slightest whiff of a doping story about Moncoutie, a task made harder by his belonging to the squad at the centre of the latest scandals, Cofidis.

...Moncoutie has refused to use almost any recovery products whatsoever, legal or otherwise. But he is a free thinker in other ways as well: yesterday, Moncoutie - who for a long time had shocked his team by living in the centre of Paris, training on hills in local parks - had, as ever, refused to wear a race radio and risk remaining at the mercy of their orders..."

full article here
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20040716/ai_n12803645

This is the article you get when you type "Moncoutie doping" in Google (UK version)...

This statement is famous, and I remember it from old articles in the beginning 90's, just after the Festina affair. Moncoutié is famous in the (French) peloton for being an individualist. His coaches wanted him to be more concerned in stage victories, all he did was stating, that with doping around, there is no chance for anyone to win multiple stages clean. So he would stay hidden in the pack for 2 weeks, then shine for ONE day during the Tour to win a stage or the other. That's Moncoutié.

Cofidis = doping scandals a few years ago, YES, I agree
Moncoutié = doper . NO!

Just like:

Lance's denials
Marion Jones denials
CJ Hunter's denials
Roid Landis denials
David Millar's denials
Bjrane Riis's denials
Richard Virenque denials
Marco Pantani's denials

They all dope---including those named David.

adamastor said:
"FOR THE second time in 24 hours, a Frenchman celebrated a lone win in the Tour when David Moncoutie returned to his roots with a solo victory here in his native departement of Lot.

A win by a coureur regional - a rider whose birthplace coincides with wherever the Tour happens to be at the time - is rare enough, but Moncoutie's first bouquet had an unusual parfum about it for other reasons, too. In his eight-year career, there has never been the slightest whiff of a doping story about Moncoutie, a task made harder by his belonging to the squad at the centre of the latest scandals, Cofidis.

...Moncoutie has refused to use almost any recovery products whatsoever, legal or otherwise. But he is a free thinker in other ways as well: yesterday, Moncoutie - who for a long time had shocked his team by living in the centre of Paris, training on hills in local parks - had, as ever, refused to wear a race radio and risk remaining at the mercy of their orders..."

full article here

This is the article you get when you type "Moncoutie doping" in Google (UK version)...

This statement is famous, and I remember it from old articles in the beginning 90's, just after the Festina affair. Moncoutié is famous in the (French) peloton for being an individualist. His coaches wanted him to be more concerned in stage victories, all he did was stating, that with doping around, there is no chance for anyone to win multiple stages clean. So he would stay hidden in the pack for 2 weeks, then shine for ONE day during the Tour to win a stage or the other. That's Moncoutié.

Moncoutié = doper . NO!

adamastor said:

full article here

Moncoutié = doper . NO!
Hmmm... this seems plausible. I'd like to believe it.

helmutRoole2 said:
Hmmm... this seems plausible. I'd like to believe it.
I respect and agree with your opinion on Cofidis a few years back. I found back a book I read 2 years ago by Philippe Gaumont, who rode for Cofidis many years ("Prisonnier du dopage" - do I need to translate?):

[free translation]"...I spent 7 years with Cofidis (1997 - 2004), and during all that time, I met only 2 guys who didn't take any "stuff": the Estonian Janek Tombak and especially David Moncoutié. Apart from those 2, all the others spoke freely about doping, including the young neo-pros. one of them had even taken already EPO, cortisone, testosterone and creatin with the amateurs..."

Thing was I wondered why I was so firmly convinced Moncoutié is and was clean. Reason is I've been reading all I could about doping in cycling since 1998, and Moncoutié came back as a refrain (different sources, different languages,...) as THE clean rider at Cofidis. Hence my reaction to your comment. Now I stop with my boring stories.

Have a nice day