Dorset Coast April 18th

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simonb, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    I've just sent in my application. Anyone else doing it?

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've just sent in my application. Anyone else doing it?
    >

    > Simon

    Yes see you there (Yellow Ribble);-)

  3. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Simonb wrote:

    > I've just sent in my application. Anyone else doing it?
    >

    > Simon

    Have just run off an entry form.

    I'll be the one with the lanterne rouge ;-)

    Any ideas on accommodation?

    John B

  4. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > Any ideas on accommodation?

    Well, I'll be staying at my parents' in Wareham. It's six or seven miles from Lytchett -- a good warm-
    up (no hills). There are a few hotels there: the Anglebury (01929 552988) or the Black Bear (01929
    553339) spring to mind; both good for Wareham's pubs. In Lychett itself there is Chequers (01202
    622215), though I don't know if they have a hotel. Loads in Poole and Bournemouth, but not such a
    pleasant ride in.

    Simon

  5. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    JohnB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Simonb wrote:
    > >
    > > I've just sent in my application. Anyone else doing it?
    > >

    > > Simon
    >
    > Have just run off an entry form.
    >
    > I'll be the one with the lanterne rouge ;-)
    >
    > Any ideas on accommodation?

    At Easter, in Dorset? may camp in the New Forest. The start is at Sandbanks ferry isn't it? mm ;-)

  6. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    MartinM wrote:

    > At Easter, in Dorset? may camp in the New Forest. The start is at Sandbanks ferry isn't it? mm ;-)

    The start is in Lychett Matravers, about 5 miles north west of Poole. There's camping in Wareham
    Forest, fairly close-by:

    Simon

  7. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

  8. Lychet Manor Campsite is the nearest to the start-I know-I lived in Poole until recently.
    Regards, John.

    news:[email protected]...