Double Barreled Bread Machine?

Ranee Mueller

Guest
Is there such an animal? We're looking for a bread machine that can
make two loaves at the same time. Standard bread cycle, dough cycle,
sweet and whole wheat cycles would be nice, and a bake only cycle as
well. Does this machine exist?

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

"Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is there such an animal? We're looking for a bread machine that can
> make two loaves at the same time. Standard bread cycle, dough cycle,
> sweet and whole wheat cycles would be nice, and a bake only cycle as
> well. Does this machine exist?
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Ranee, I don't have the site I saw this on, (and I went thru most of my
history) but Yes, I think I did see this just a day or so. It was one of
those WOW moments. I can't even remember what brand, but Zojo would be a
good start.
Wishing you good luck.
Dee Dee

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:36:24 -0800, Ranee Mueller <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Is there such an animal? We're looking for a bread machine that can
>make two loaves at the same time. Standard bread cycle, dough cycle,
>sweet and whole wheat cycles would be nice, and a bake only cycle as
>well. Does this machine exist?
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Try this link: It's a double baker:

Tiny URL version:
http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

the long version:

http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id--13050801,prod_id--11198867.html

--
Rick R
[email protected]ult

In article <[email protected]>,
RoR <[email protected]> wrote:

> Try this link: It's a double baker:
>
> Tiny URL version:
> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

Thank you!

I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
I need.

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ranee, I don't have the site I saw this on, (and I went thru most of my
> history) but Yes, I think I did see this just a day or so. It was one of
> those WOW moments. I can't even remember what brand, but Zojo would be a
> good start.
> Wishing you good luck.
> Dee Dee

Thank you! I thought of Zorushi (sp?), and shuddered at the price.
Maybe they will be the only ones, though?

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:36:00 -0800, Ranee Mueller <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> RoR <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Try this link: It's a double baker:
>>
>> Tiny URL version:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

> Thank you!
>
> I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
>this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
>upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
>I need.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Actually, that was the only one I could find.

--
Rick R
[email protected]ult
replace default with com to email

"Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> RoR <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Try this link: It's a double baker:
>>
>> Tiny URL version:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

> Thank you!
>
> I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
> this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
> upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
> I need.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Ranee, I just bought a new (cheap) Toastmaster - received yesterday -- and
it is a 1-1/2 lb. loaf. My i'-cheapo Oster which I really liked started
getting hot, so I decided to go for a new one, but they were too expensive
for my pocket book just to make pizza dough (yesterday when I got it, I
immediately made bread sticks).

My point is: The Other oster pan I'd been using even though it was a 2 lb.
pan, seems TWICE as big as this 1-1/2 lb. (Also the quality of the lining is
not really good enough to recommend.) I will use this for its intended
use -- pizza dough -- and maybe try it for a small rye loaf, but I am
wondering after watching it, if it really has the power for a rye loaf.

For the recipe, it calls for 3 cups of flour whereas my Oster was a 4 cup.
Now that doesn't seem like too much difference, but it is to me --
particularly I use 4.5 oz. for my cup measurement. It made about 12 bread
sticks and 1 good sized dinner roll.

I was going to buy the breadmaster at $70, but the reviews were not good.
Be sure and check the reviews out at amazon before you buy. I'm glad I
didn't buy the breadmaster (online at Costco for $70) because the reviews
are awful.

I'd think about it twice before I bought a bm with a lb. or 1-2/ lb. Pretty
darned small.
Let us know what you buy.
Dee Dee

"Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> RoR <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Try this link: It's a double baker:
>>
>> Tiny URL version:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

> Thank you!
>
> I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
> this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
> upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
> I need.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Hi Ranee; I have a double barrel bread machine. It's a bread machine and a
mini oven. It's really not like a toaster oven although it can be used to
make toast. Not very well. But the oven part is great when I've got a lot
of things to do in the oven and not enough room.

MoM