Double Barreled Bread Machine?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ranee Mueller, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. Is there such an animal? We're looking for a bread machine that can
    make two loaves at the same time. Standard bread cycle, dough cycle,
    sweet and whole wheat cycles would be nice, and a bake only cycle as
    well. Does this machine exist?

    Regards,
    Ranee

    Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  2. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Is there such an animal? We're looking for a bread machine that can
    > make two loaves at the same time. Standard bread cycle, dough cycle,
    > sweet and whole wheat cycles would be nice, and a bake only cycle as
    > well. Does this machine exist?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee

    Ranee, I don't have the site I saw this on, (and I went thru most of my
    history) but Yes, I think I did see this just a day or so. It was one of
    those WOW moments. I can't even remember what brand, but Zojo would be a
    good start.
    Wishing you good luck.
    Dee Dee

  3. RoR

    RoR Guest

    On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:36:24 -0800, Ranee Mueller <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Is there such an animal? We're looking for a bread machine that can
    >make two loaves at the same time. Standard bread cycle, dough cycle,
    >sweet and whole wheat cycles would be nice, and a bake only cycle as
    >well. Does this machine exist?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee

    Try this link: It's a double baker:

    Tiny URL version:
    http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

    the long version:

    http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id--13050801,prod_id--11198867.html

    --
    Rick R
    [email protected]ult

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    RoR <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Try this link: It's a double baker:
    >
    > Tiny URL version:
    > http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

    Thank you!

    I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
    this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
    upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
    I need.

    Regards,
    Ranee

    Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ranee, I don't have the site I saw this on, (and I went thru most of my
    > history) but Yes, I think I did see this just a day or so. It was one of
    > those WOW moments. I can't even remember what brand, but Zojo would be a
    > good start.
    > Wishing you good luck.
    > Dee Dee

    Thank you! I thought of Zorushi (sp?), and shuddered at the price.
    Maybe they will be the only ones, though?

    Regards,
    Ranee

    Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  6. RoR

    RoR Guest

    On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:36:00 -0800, Ranee Mueller <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > RoR <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Try this link: It's a double baker:
    >>
    >> Tiny URL version:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

    > Thank you!
    >
    > I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
    >this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
    >upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
    >I need.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee

    Actually, that was the only one I could find.

    --
    Rick R
    [email protected]ult
    replace default with com to email

  7. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > RoR <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Try this link: It's a double baker:
    >>
    >> Tiny URL version:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

    > Thank you!
    >
    > I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
    > this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
    > upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
    > I need.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee

    Ranee, I just bought a new (cheap) Toastmaster - received yesterday -- and
    it is a 1-1/2 lb. loaf. My i'-cheapo Oster which I really liked started
    getting hot, so I decided to go for a new one, but they were too expensive
    for my pocket book just to make pizza dough (yesterday when I got it, I
    immediately made bread sticks).

    My point is: The Other oster pan I'd been using even though it was a 2 lb.
    pan, seems TWICE as big as this 1-1/2 lb. (Also the quality of the lining is
    not really good enough to recommend.) I will use this for its intended
    use -- pizza dough -- and maybe try it for a small rye loaf, but I am
    wondering after watching it, if it really has the power for a rye loaf.

    For the recipe, it calls for 3 cups of flour whereas my Oster was a 4 cup.
    Now that doesn't seem like too much difference, but it is to me --
    particularly I use 4.5 oz. for my cup measurement. It made about 12 bread
    sticks and 1 good sized dinner roll.

    I was going to buy the breadmaster at $70, but the reviews were not good.
    Be sure and check the reviews out at amazon before you buy. I'm glad I
    didn't buy the breadmaster (online at Costco for $70) because the reviews
    are awful.

    I'd think about it twice before I bought a bm with a lb. or 1-2/ lb. Pretty
    darned small.
    Let us know what you buy.
    Dee Dee

  8. MoM

    MoM Guest

    "Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > RoR <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Try this link: It's a double baker:
    >>
    >> Tiny URL version:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dd6xn

    > Thank you!
    >
    > I will further bother you to ask if you know of any brand that makes
    > this with larger pans. I've been looking, but evidently haven't hit
    > upon the right search terms. I just get a deluge of hits, and not what
    > I need.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee

    Hi Ranee; I have a double barrel bread machine. It's a bread machine and a
    mini oven. It's really not like a toaster oven although it can be used to
    make toast. Not very well. But the oven part is great when I've got a lot
    of things to do in the oven and not enough room.

    MoM