Double or Triple

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by winnard, May 30, 2004.

  1. winnard

    winnard Guest

    What is the difference when a bike (Cannondale for example) says it's a
    double or triple? I'm guessing crank gears. Am I right?

    Thanks for your time.

    winnard

    Tags:

  2. RWM

    RWM Guest

    "winnard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What is the difference when a bike (Cannondale for example) says it's a
    > double or triple? I'm guessing crank gears. Am I right?
    >
    > Thanks for your time.

    Yes, it is the number of chain ring. A 9 speed double has 18 physical gear
    combinations while a triple has 27.

  3. winnard

    winnard Guest

    "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "winnard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > What is the difference when a bike (Cannondale for example) says it's a
    > > double or triple? I'm guessing crank gears. Am I right?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time.
    > >

    > Yes, it is the number of chain ring. A 9 speed double has 18 physical

    gear
    > combinations while a triple has 27.

    Thanks!

    winnard