Double shifting contoller for aero bars

Berry wrote:
> Anybody ever used one of these things? I'm not sure I understand how it
> works. I'm tempted to try one with my clip-ons.
> http://jtekengineering.com/doublecontrol_l.htm

I'd guess it allows the second shifter to effectively change the cable
length to the derailleur. This will give you the full range of gears at
the tribars when the STI shifter is in gear 1, but won't make a blind
bit of difference if the STI is in gear 9. Also, the other way round, if
you leave the tribar shifter in gear 9 (bearing in mind that the tribar
gears will wok "backwards"), you won't be able to change gear at the
STIs. Unless it works in a much cleverer way than it looks.

--
JimP