Double shifting contoller for aero bars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Berry, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Berry

    Berry Guest

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Berry wrote:
    > Anybody ever used one of these things? I'm not sure I understand how it
    > works. I'm tempted to try one with my clip-ons.
    > http://jtekengineering.com/doublecontrol_l.htm

    I'd guess it allows the second shifter to effectively change the cable
    length to the derailleur. This will give you the full range of gears at
    the tribars when the STI shifter is in gear 1, but won't make a blind
    bit of difference if the STI is in gear 9. Also, the other way round, if
    you leave the tribar shifter in gear 9 (bearing in mind that the tribar
    gears will wok "backwards"), you won't be able to change gear at the
    STIs. Unless it works in a much cleverer way than it looks.

    --
    JimP