double your speed

Johnb

Guest
Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the
bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling along
at 40mph plus.

On inspection I discovered the answer to improved fitness.
When fitting a new sensor, leave the old one on too.

Doh.

John B

JohnB wrote:
> On inspection I discovered the answer to improved fitness.
> When fitting a new sensor, leave the old one on too.

Hahahaha! Priceless.

d.

JohnB <[email protected]>typed

> Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the
> bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling
> along at 40mph plus.

> On inspection I discovered the answer to improved fitness.
> When fitting a new sensor, leave the old one on too.

> Doh.

> John B

Push your pulse up another 60 bpm. Wear your HRM on the same
wrist as your watch.[1] Works for me...

[1] Quartz analogue (Lorus)

"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the
> bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling
> along at 40mph plus.

Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer
and a watch!

Alan

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:49:58 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on
>> the bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling
>> along at 40mph plus.
>
>Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer
>and a watch!

Why do you care about distance? There are only a few
occasions where it makes navigation easier.

The rest of the time, enjoy the minutes and hours spent
cycling and forget all this ego-enhancing obsession with
distance and speed.
--

Cheers,

Al

"Alan Holmes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on
> > the bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was
> > bowling along at 40mph plus.
>
> Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer
> and a watch!

Because it's a point of interest! And if by mileometer you
mean one of those things that used to fit to a front drop-
out and have a pawl attached to a spoke why bother when a
computer is so much better (that's if they're even
available).
--
Regards, Pete

Peter B:
> Because it's a point of interest!

I always used to think a computer was nothing more than a
pointless gimmick until I was given one for a Christmas
present. I still enjoy cycling just as much without one, but
having the computer adds a whole extra dimension to my
cycling experience.

>why bother when a computer is so much better (that's if
>they're even available).

...and probably cheaper.

Being a luddite for reasons of snobbery is just perverse.

d.