double your speed

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Johnb, Mar 20, 2004.

  1. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the
    bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling along
    at 40mph plus.

    On inspection I discovered the answer to improved fitness.
    When fitting a new sensor, leave the old one on too.

    Doh.

    John B

    Tags:

  2. JohnB wrote:
    > On inspection I discovered the answer to improved fitness.
    > When fitting a new sensor, leave the old one on too.

    Hahahaha! Priceless.

    d.

  3. JohnB <[email protected]>typed

    > Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the
    > bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling
    > along at 40mph plus.

    > On inspection I discovered the answer to improved fitness.
    > When fitting a new sensor, leave the old one on too.

    > Doh.

    > John B

    Push your pulse up another 60 bpm. Wear your HRM on the same
    wrist as your watch.[1] Works for me...

    [1] Quartz analogue (Lorus)

  4. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on the
    > bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling
    > along at 40mph plus.

    Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer
    and a watch!

    Alan

  5. Al C-F

    Al C-F Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:49:58 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on
    >> the bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was bowling
    >> along at 40mph plus.
    >
    >Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer
    >and a watch!

    Why do you care about distance? There are only a few
    occasions where it makes navigation easier.

    The rest of the time, enjoy the minutes and hours spent
    cycling and forget all this ego-enhancing obsession with
    distance and speed.
    --

    Cheers,

    Al

  6. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Alan Holmes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Having just put a new replacement cordless computer on
    > > the bike, I took it for a spin only to find I was
    > > bowling along at 40mph plus.
    >
    > Why mess with computers when all you need is a milometer
    > and a watch!

    Because it's a point of interest! And if by mileometer you
    mean one of those things that used to fit to a front drop-
    out and have a pawl attached to a spoke why bother when a
    computer is so much better (that's if they're even
    available).
    --
    Regards, Pete

  7. Davek

    Davek Guest

    Peter B:
    > Because it's a point of interest!

    I always used to think a computer was nothing more than a
    pointless gimmick until I was given one for a Christmas
    present. I still enjoy cycling just as much without one, but
    having the computer adds a whole extra dimension to my
    cycling experience.

    >why bother when a computer is so much better (that's if
    >they're even available).

    ...and probably cheaper.

    Being a luddite for reasons of snobbery is just perverse.

    d.