Douglas Tempo Gel Saddle

I plan on buying a bike from Colorado Cyclist that includes a "Douglas
Tempo Gel Saddle", their house brand. I currently ride with and like a
Selle Italia Flite saddle without gel. Does anyone have experience
with the Tempo Gel saddle, good or bad? Thoughts on the cutout and the
gel, particularly as I am happy with a saddle without either. Should I
get another Flite or try the Temp Gel?

[email protected] wrote:
> I plan on buying a bike from Colorado Cyclist that includes a "Douglas
> Tempo Gel Saddle", their house brand. I currently ride with and like a
> Selle Italia Flite saddle without gel. Does anyone have experience
> with the Tempo Gel saddle, good or bad? Thoughts on the cutout and the
> gel, particularly as I am happy with a saddle without either. Should I
> get another Flite or try the Temp Gel?

It's a similar shape to the Flite. Ride it a while and see if you like
it. My butt happens to think that the padding in the original Flite is
too squishy and allows "bottoming out" on the shell too easily. Gel
might be just the thing to make it work. Ride it a few hundred miles
and let us know if it works out. I still think San Marco Rolls > Flite,
but that's an argument that's more fun over beers. :p

On Dec 29, 8:29 am, [email protected] wrote:
> I plan on buying a bike from Colorado Cyclist that includes a "Douglas
> Tempo Gel Saddle", their house brand. I currently ride with and like a
> Selle Italia Flite saddle without gel. Does anyone have experience
> with the Tempo Gel saddle, good or bad? Thoughts on the cutout and the
> gel, particularly as I am happy with a saddle without either. Should I
> get another Flite or try the Temp Gel?

It looks similar to the Velo saddle used as a house-brand by a lot of
brands. I would think you could walk into almost any bike shop and see
one, maybe even givei it a try.

FWIW, I didn't like the one I treid, but as always with saddles, YMMV.